Boring windows when starting the FossaPup64 with PcManFM

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

davidresponde

Boring windows when starting the FossaPup64 with PcManFM

Post by davidresponde »

Hey guys. For about 1 year I have been living with an annoying problem when starting FossaPup64. But only yesterday I found out how to solve it.

When configuring Puppy, I downloaded another File Manager, as I don't like ROX Filer… I prefer PcMan FM. I downloaded it through the Puppy Package Manager, went to the Default Applications Chooser and selected PcManFM as the Default File Manager. (the problem also occurred with the more modern PcManFM-qt, I believe)

When doing this, every time Puppy starts up, 05 annoying questions appear, referring to applications that start automatically with Puppy, those in the lower right tray, as shown in the image.

1.jpg
1.jpg (117.23 KiB) Viewed 587 times

Very annoying having to answer these questions.

After a lot of searching, I found out how to disable these applications when starting Puppy, eliminating the occurrence of pop-up questions. I went to SETUP = STARTUP CONTROL. I removed the apps by shifting to the right and disabling them. It worked fine, but one last question kept popping up: “IT APPEARS THAT THE ENABLE XORG MOUSE KEYS FILE IS AN EXECUTABLE SCRIPT. WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO DO WITH THE FILE?"

I decided to accept and live with it for almost 1 year... :?

Anyway, yesterday I simply clicked on the OPEN option and found that the file that caused this was in /etc/xdg/autostart.

I just deleted this file and now my Puppy starts normally without the window that plagued me for 1 year…

Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, I can't write in English… The images are from Puppy in Portuguese-PT. I don't know if the subject has already been dealt with in any other topic, but here is my experience.

Greetings! :thumbup:

imagem2.png
imagem2.png (179.56 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Amit Ranaware

Re: Boring windows when starting the FossaPup64 with PcManFM

Post by Amit Ranaware »

WOW that was very helpful
i was searching the internet for this solution for 2-3 days

when i installed pcmanfm-qt , it loads some lxde desktop over my conky app

and even after quiting conky and then restarting it , the pcmanfm-qt desktop was overlapping it again

after reading your post , i found this file (dont remember the name as i deleted it) in /etc/xdg/autostart

i deleted it and that pcmanfm-qt desktop dont load at startup anymore

now the conky is back

thanks for ur post :thumbup2:

----------
still not solved

i want to completly remove pcmanfm from my pc , is there any faster way to do it , i dont want to remove all of pcmanfm dependency one by one

also in pcmanfm i want to set .jar file to open with java -jar but it just dont work .

any solution will be appreciate

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

@Amit Ranaware
How to remove PcManFM

Run Puppy Package Manager -> Uninstall

If PcManFM is listed.
Highlight it in the list.
Click on remove package.

Do not know what pupmode you are running in.
You will also need to do an update of the Fossapup64 save file/folder, to make this a finished change.

Note:
In the future if you have an issue or question about your setup.
Make your own topic about it.

It gets confusing, if a topic turns into multiple people, posting about multiple issues or problems, with their specific setups.

The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

backi

Post by backi »

Hi @davidresponde :

You possibly can avoid being asked those "annoying Questions" maybe by going in :

PcManFm>>> to ---Edit > Preferences > General > check/mark/tick Box-- "Don`t ask options on launch executable file"-----

Not sure if this what you are looking for.
But you could give it a Try.

Return to “Fossapup64”