Unable to connect to bluetooth speaker on Bionic64

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

mohittomar13

Unable to connect to bluetooth speaker on Bionic64

Post by mohittomar13 »

Hi, I tried many things, also tried to get help from stackoverflow and murga forums but nothing is working.

My Problem:
I want to connect my bluetooth headphones to my laptop as the wired one recently stopped working. I used the builtin jankybluetooth and followed the instructions there. It worked and I was able to watch videos on palemoon (ALSAPCM=pcm.puppybt palemoon). But as usual firefox was still not working with audio :D :lol: . Anyways, then I closed the lid of my laptop and went to eat. Later when I came back I tried to again connect. But now when I start the bluetooth the bluetoothctl starts and there is no default device shown.

I tried many things to fix this but to no avail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :thumbup2:

Laptop: Dell 3568
CPU: intel i3 6006U
RAM: 12 Gigs
4GB-micron + 8GB-kingston

yeah, it works.. :D
HDD: 1TB
OS: Tripple boot- (Windows-10, Xubuntu-20.4LTs, Bionic Puppy) 64Bit

mohittomar13

Re: Unable to connect to bluetooth speaker on Bionic64

Post by mohittomar13 »

I also just realised that the sound is not working now on Firefox and Palemoon both. Before it was working. If I play videos on MPV Media player then there is sound but not on palemoon and firefox. I think I should try some other puppy distribution as one thing or the other keeps on breaking on Bionic pup any suggestion?

I'm getting this error on VLC
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (57.78 KiB) Viewed 547 times

mohittomar13

Post by mohittomar13 »

The sound is back again on both firefox and palemoon and also on vlc. I de-select the card in settings and then re-selected the same card, and that fixed the issue. But jankybluetooth is still not able to find the default device.

Geek3579

Post by Geek3579 »

I struggled connect both my devices (headphones) and found using Jankys Bluetooth onerous.

However, I have been using DPupBuster64 with either JWM or Mate Desktop for the last few weeks. Both run bluetooth quite well, and there is a more simple setup procedure which is very reliable. Having Pulseaudio on board is a bonus. Try it for yourself.
wiak

Post by wiak »

Geek3579 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:34 amHaving Pulseaudio on board is a bonus. Try it for yourself.
That's the thing. Despite all the years of negativity about pulseaudio, since I started always including it in my own distro builds I have saved many an hour and more trying to get audio working. Pulseaudio, often just seems to auto-magically correctly identify my audio hardware and configure it correctly. Well worth the few extra MB of underlying software IMO. Oh well, each to their own I suppose. Fact is, I just can no longer be bothered wasting my time trying to fix up underlying raw alsa config files - I don't know how pulseaudio works so well for me in that auto-configuring sound sense, but it does. But maybe Arch Linux just configures it all particulary well (I'm using pulseaudio by default with WeeDogLinux Arch64 flavour - and, per Arch Linux fashion, systemd... oh horror of horrors I've heard - but that too works wonderfully in my experience).

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Beginners Help”