liblinear.so.3

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

scraginagpup

liblinear.so.3

Post by scraginagpup »

Greetings!
I have really appreciated the help here...thank-you!
I have another issue - my lan here...I need to know who is on it. I have tried to run a number of lan scanners (eg umit, zenmap), and each of them says I am missing a library file: liblinear.so.3
Upon attempted installation of a few of these scanners, Puppy package manager said I was missing this file, and when I tried to run them, same thing was reported by the app!
I have looked all over for this file and cannot find it anywhere
Of course the original problem was scanning my lan, so if you know of a different way to scan it, that would be great,
thanks all for your help!

williams2

Re: liblinear.so.3

Post by williams2 »

This does an arp scan of the network:

arp-scan -lg

If there are "unknown" vendors for the mac addresses, you can try updating the arp-scan database /usr/share/arp-scan/ieee-oui.txt.

There is a perl script (/usr/sbin/get-oui) to update the oui database, but it's missing a perl module dependency.
This shell script does almost the same thing:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
cd /tmp/
wget -c http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui/oui.txt
awk '/base 16/{$2="";$3="";print}' oui.txt | sed 's/   /\t/' > ieee-oui.txt
cp -i ieee-oui.txt /usr/share/arp-scan/
OscarTalks

Re: liblinear.so.3

Post by OscarTalks »

Please always specify the Puppy version you are running.
When you install a package, the Package Manager should also detect and install the dependencies for you. In Ubuntu, the library you mentioned is included in the package named liblinear3
If you search for this package name in the Package Manager (after making sure the database has been updated) it should install liblinear.so.3 plus any dependencies of that library, but if you installed a scanner program which needs that library, I don't know why the Package Manager did not install it at the same time. There are other options for LAN scanning as others have said. Most Puppies have things on board which will do it. PeasyPort is one. If your Pup does not have it, you can find it in either this forum or the old one by searching for it.

Return to “Beginners Help”