The age of computers bots is here

For discussions about security.
joet12345

The age of computers bots is here

Post by joet12345 »

I have done little preliminary research on this but in that little research I have understood that all social media platforms are full of bots. Platforms like:

-reddit
-facebook
-youtube

etcetera, they all have bots that post comments.

In games too.... I have found many built in bots in games...some of them with "god mode" powers.

It is crazy to be honest. I know for a fact in one subreddit forum, they put thousands of bots in it to comment...I mean about 10,000 bots in one sub forum where there are about 5000 actual users....it is crazy...

I predict that social medias will get mostly bots in the future and no actual humans....or, the human accounts get used as bots with out peoples permission.... meaning your social media account will post stuff automatically with out you even writing them....In games I see games use my account and use it as bots when I am offline already.... as I type this one of my game accounts is being used as a bot to play other players... :lol:

joet12345

Re: The age of computers bots is here

Post by joet12345 »

Here is one example. I have more but I just have so much stuff in my harddrive it is hard to remember where everything is... never the less I am fully convinced based on little things here and there I have stumbled upon over the years... I will post most if I find any in my hard drive... but just sharing mostly. :thumbup:

Attachments
k8ovhiaz1g971.jpg
k8ovhiaz1g971.jpg (299.87 KiB) Viewed 276 times
joet12345

Post by joet12345 »

One more for today...this is news bots :shock: :? ...

Attachments
trkgKPN.jpg
trkgKPN.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 271 times
joet12345

Post by joet12345 »

I already know this type of forum platform has to do with google because it needs google cookies to function well....so I have noticed google and bing bots here in the "Registered Users:" :lol:

Which is no big deal but just interesting to see.

Attachments
b.jpg
b.jpg (5.63 KiB) Viewed 267 times
g.jpg
g.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 268 times
er.jpg
er.jpg (4.76 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Makoto

Post by Makoto »

joet12345 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 am

I already know this type of forum platform has to do with google because it needs google cookies to function well....so I have noticed google and bing bots here in the "Registered Users:" :lol:

Which is no big deal but just interesting to see.

Those are normal - it's a part of how the search engines index content on the forums. phpBB has had special users set up for those bots for a number of years (at least as far back as I can remember).

[ FossaPup64 9.5, Frugal install ]

joet12345

Post by joet12345 »

This subreddit only had bots in it: https://old.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/

I have a gut feeling reddit uses a bunch of bots to upvote topics to push stuff to their front page....I could bet a dollar that I am correct. :o

Return to “Security”