Busterpup 8 by Radky

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

Re: Busterpup 8 by Radky

Post by mikeslr »

Is this the same Puppy as can be obtained here, http://www.smokey01.com/radky/Woof/ ?
darry19662018

Post by darry19662018 »

Yes thanks Mike - didn't think of Smoke01 - duh! :oops:

By the way if someone requires a series 3 kernel like during the Tahr era - there is this version...
https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... 3.14.0.iso
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@ Darry:-

Very sweet Puppy, I must say; well up to Radky's usual high standards.

For anybody who might be interested, I've just built the 32-bit Nvidia 390.132 drivers for the k4.19.74 kernel. I wanted to stay with the default k4.19.56 kernel, but Radky hasn't provided a kernel-sources SFS for this one.....or, if he has, I cannae find it, lads.

So I upgraded to the slightly newer k4.19.74 kernel, which has the full suite of support items available.

There's a .pet package:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHmohT ... sp=sharing

.....or an SFS package:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sS66vd ... p=sharing
-----------------------------------------

I have to assume you guys know how to disable the "nouveau" driver when using pre-built packages from others. It's something I've never been able to figure out at all; I just let Shinobar's wee masterpiece work its magic and do it all for me!

Hope some of you find these useful.

Mike. ;)
Last edited by mikewalsh on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

TiredPup

Post by TiredPup »

Kernel sources for k4.19.56 found here:

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_BusterPup
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

TiredPup wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:50 pm Kernel sources for k4.19.56 found here:

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_BusterPup
Huh. Yup, you're quite right.

If, however, you follow the link Mikeslr provided above, to Radky's storage on Grant's server, the only k4.19.56 kernel source SFS listed there is the 'Stretch' version.....and Get-Nvidia complained mightily about that when I tried to run it the first time..!

(Never noticed it said 'Stretch' when I d/l'ed it. I was only looking at the kernel number...) :roll: :oops:

Mike. ;)

wizard

Post by wizard »

Anyone know what has become of radky? I checked the murga-linux forum as well as his smokeyo1 and could not find him posting since November of 2019.

Big pile of OLD computers

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

wizard wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:18 pm Anyone know what has become of radky? I checked the murga-linux forum as well as his smokeyo1 and could not find him posting since November of 2019.
He'll be around somewhere. One thing I've long since realised about Roger, he often doesn't poke his nose into the Forum for months on end. And with the whole world having gone ever so slightly NUTS this last 6 months or so, I'm not at all surprised by his absence...

I suspect we may "lose" a good many in the transition between fora.

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

As much as I like this Puppy, I seem to be having "issues" with it.

Specifically, browsers....

Firefox seems to have returned to its old, pre-Quantum habit of crashing whenever it feels like it. Iron and Vivaldi are both slow, laggy & juddery....very strange for these. Even Palemoon is not its usual sprightly self; somewhere, something just ain't quite right. Damned if I can figure it out though.....and before anyone says it, no, I doubt the Nvidia driver's got owt to do with it. 'Twas misbehaving before I built and installed that.

An OS without a functional browser is (to my mind) about as much use as a chocolate teapot...! 'Tis all very odd. Hmmm.....

The only thing I can think of is an incompatibility of some kind between the k4.19.74 kernel and my hardware. (*shrug*)

I may see if a return to the default k4.19.56 version - along with a new save-folder and a re-build of the Nvidia driver - will improve matters.

Mike. :?

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Actually, after further experimentation, it appears that Iron & Vivaldi are completely stable. There just seems to be a slight delay after every command issued/button clicked. Odd, but I can live with that.... Even Quantum is, so far, behaving itself (just to put the lie to my previous comments).

The screen definition appears to be particularly good in Busterpup32 with the 390.192 Nvidia driver running the GT 710 (the latest 32-bit one available); pin-sharp, and as clear as a bell. I'll leave things as they are; everything is in fact working fine, so.....it'll do!

Mike. ;)

J_D_

Post by J_D_ »

Ive been using 32 bit Buster on my 64 bit Dell for a couple weeks. I just downloaded the wrong ISO but it is very nice. Any reason to go 64 bit ? This laptop is way over built for Puppy but I got it cheap and I like fast computing.
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

J_D_ wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:26 pm Ive been using 32 bit Buster on my 64 bit Dell for a couple weeks. I just downloaded the wrong ISO but it is very nice. Any reason to go 64 bit ? This laptop is way over built for Puppy but I got it cheap and I like fast computing.
Emphasis supplied.
No rush. But it's getting harder to find 'mainstream' 32-bit Web-browsers that our devs customize to run under Puppies. A lot of web-sites won't allow access unless you have a 'reasonably' current google-chrome or firefox (or browser which can masquerade as such). When the originals are no longer published it would be up to Puppy Devs to compile these complicated applications 'from scratch'. My guess is that won't happen.

Until then the major advantage 64 has over 32 bit is that some really good applications are published as 64-bit AppImages. Ubuntu/debian based Puppies can use them, sometimes OOTB, sometimes after adding a couple of libraries: still a more efficient way to obtaining a functioning application that either compiling it or assembling it from packages obtained from 'alien' repositories. And with the general decline in interest in 32-bit operating systems, even finding 32-bit packages needed to construct applications becomes more difficult.

By the way, I think loss of responsiveness of 64-bit compared to 32-bit is minimal, if any. Unless your computer is RAM challenged, you probably won't notice any. Although FossaPup, viewtopic.php?p=212#p212 is still in it "release candidate" stage, I'm really impress by just how quickly applications running under it open and respond.
J_D_

Post by J_D_ »

mikeslr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:58 pm
J_D_ wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:26 pm Ive been using 32 bit Buster on my 64 bit Dell for a couple weeks. I just downloaded the wrong ISO but it is very nice. Any reason to go 64 bit ? This laptop is way over built for Puppy but I got it cheap and I like fast computing.
Emphasis supplied.
No rush. But it's getting harder to find 'mainstream' 32-bit Web-browsers that our devs customize to run under Puppies. A lot of web-sites won't allow access unless you have a 'reasonably' current google-chrome or firefox (or browser which can masquerade as such). When the originals are no longer published it would be up to Puppy Devs to compile these complicated applications 'from scratch'. My guess is that won't happen.

Until then the major advantage 64 has over 32 bit is that some really good applications are published as 64-bit AppImages. Ubuntu/debian based Puppies can use them, sometimes OOTB, sometimes after adding a couple of libraries: still a more efficient way to obtaining a functioning application that either compiling it or assembling it from packages obtained from 'alien' repositories. And with the general decline in interest in 32-bit operating systems, even finding 32-bit packages needed to construct applications becomes more difficult.

By the way, I think loss of responsiveness of 64-bit compared to 32-bit is minimal, if any. Unless your computer is RAM challenged, you probably won't notice any. Although FossaPup, viewtopic.php?p=212#p212 is still in it "release candidate" stage, I'm really impress by just how quickly applications running under it open and respond.
Thanks Mike. I can have 64 bit installed in a couple minutes with Lick but it takes a little time to get Firefox installed and all my regular websites logged in . The 32 bit is working nicely. I am sure I will try to do things and need help but it really works great from the get go so I may just stay with 32.
TiredPup

Post by TiredPup »

By the way if someone requires a series 3 kernel like during the Tahr era - there is this version...
https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... 3.14.0.iso
Both Rufus and Balena Etcher in linux and windows complain about this iso image not being bootable.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@J_D_ :-
J_D_ wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:58 pm Thanks Mike. I can have 64 bit installed in a couple minutes with Lick but it takes a little time to get Firefox installed and all my regular websites logged in . The 32 bit is working nicely. I am sure I will try to do things and need help but it really works great from the get go so I may just stay with 32.
This is where my personal "system" pays dividends when setting up any new Pups. I keep all the browsers I use - 'portables', every one of them - on an external partition, in their own sub-directory. Being portables, they're always fully set-up and 'ready-to-go'. So all I then need to do is to mount that partition, and fire them up.....
mikeslr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:58 pm Emphasis supplied.
Have to agree with Mike here. When you look at the contents of my 32-bit browser "cupboard" - compared to the 64-bit one - it's quite bare! Really, your 32-bit browser options here in Busterpup boil down to:-
  • 32-bit Iron
  • 32-bit Vivaldi
  • Firefox - Quantum and ESR
  • Pale Moon
And that's your lot. There's a whole raft of browsers for the 64-bit platform (although one of those, the FF-based "Cliqz" browser, has just gone under directly due to Covid-19).....but 32-bit variants are getting few & far between. And of the above, you will no longer have Pale Moon as an option from December, because they're knocking 32-bit development on the head, to concentrate on 64-bit ONLY. Like everybody else.

I doubt you'll see a 32-bit version of Pale Moon 29. I rather suspect Moonchild Productions are holding back the release of v29 for when they officially go "64-bit only"......which is why v28 is currently up to such a high 'point-release' number (28.14.2).

But to MY mind, browsers are the only 'sticky' point where 32-bit is concerned, i.e., network security. I always found 32-bit Pups to be that wee bit faster & smoother, even on 64-bit hardware. No idea why. And there's still tons of 32-bit software that works a treat with Busterpup 8.

Mike. ;)

m-cuda

Post by m-cuda »

@mikewalsh
I always found 32-bit Pups to be that wee bit faster & smoother, even on 64-bit hardware.
I too have found that my 32-bit "Precise Light" seems to run faster than my 64-bit BionicPup64 on the same hardware - a Dell Inspiron 11 model 3180 laptop with a AMD A6-9220e processor and 4GB memory. Out of curiosity I ran the following sysbench test on both distributions on this Dell.

Code: Select all

sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=2 run
The results were:

Precise Light 5.7.2         ~8.0 seconds
BionicPup64                ~10.0 seconds
Dpup Stretch 7.5      9.5 - 13.0 seconds
So sysbench runs approximately 25% faster on "Precise Light 5.7.2" than on "BionicPup64". N.B., the versions of sysbench are not the same - 0.4.12 for "Precise Light 5.7.2" and "Dpup Stretch 7.5" and 1.0.11 for "BionicPup64 - don't know how much that matters.

I have come to really like 32-bit "Precise Light 5.7.2" (and 32-bit Dpup Stretch 7.5 which I think is better but I don't use as much because I am wedded to Ubuntu) but a big disadvantage for me is the lack of a modern 32-bit Google Chromium browser - I have found several 32-bit Chromium browsers but none have been close to the current version.
Last edited by m-cuda on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@m-cuda :-

With regard to a 32-bit Chrome "equivalent", you can't do any better than the current release of SRWare's Iron browser....it's the most "Chrome-like" in both appearance AND behaviour. The current release of this is at v84.....only 2 major versions off current Chrome itself, which is at v86. Google, as we all know by now, said "that's it" to 32-bit Linux Chrome builds almost 4½ years ago...

Unfortunately, SRWare take their own sweet time about releasing Linux builds, often being three or four major versions between releases. However, you're welcome to try out my 32-bit Iron-portable 84.....though Precise may have problems running current Iron. The GTK-3.0 and NSS stuff is all built-in, though you may need to track down an appropriate libpng16. WideVine is all set-up, too, so NetFlix, Hulu, Spotify et al should be readily accessible.

All you can do is try, y'know?

You can get it here:-

Browser - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMPAEu ... sp=sharing

MD5sum - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Got-qN ... sp=sharing

Those are direct links. D/l; unzip; place anywhere you like.....preferably in /mnt/home, or anywhere you like so long as it's outside the 'save'. Once you've located it to your liking, click to open, then in a space, rt-clk->Window->Terminal here. Type:-

./LAUNCH
.....and hit Enter. If it doesn't fire up, you should get some useful output somewhere among the crap that all Chromium browsers spew out; it looks threatening to the uninitiated, but these browsers are built to generate an ongoing, real-time debug session all the time they're running. Which is why they appear to be very 'noisy' in the terminal, but they're designed to run this way; makes for easy trouble-shooting for the devs..!

Let us know what the outcome is, please.

Mike. ;)

m-cuda

Post by m-cuda »

Thanks Mike,

# ./LAUNCH 
/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/iron-pup: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-dri3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

# ldd chrome|egrep 'not found'
	libxcb-dri3.so.0 => not found
	libgbm.so.1 => not found

# find / -name 'libgbm.so*'

# find / -name 'libxcb-dri3.so*'

Do you know where I can get these libraries? The above is for "Precise Light 5.7.2". I will also try on "Dpup Stretch 7.5" later and update this post.

ADDENDUM
Tried it on "Dpup Stretch 7.5" works well on sites I commonly use. The only problem I found was it doesn't play "YouTube Movies" (the movies tagged with "Free with Ads") which does play in "Firefox ESR 68.10.0esr". This is based on limited testing - will do more and update this post after I learn more. Below is the output to the console - there are some error messages but as I said before the program seems fine from the user's point of view.

# ./LAUNCH 
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 309: unknown element "blank"
[11591:11613:1013/002237.176276:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/002237.187566:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
[11636:11636:1013/002237.709399:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(150)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[11591:11613:1013/002237.725769:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/002237.725893:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[11591:11613:1013/002238.001635:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/002238.001748:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[11591:11691:1013/002238.341462:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[11591:11691:1013/002238.342446:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[11591:11691:1013/002238.342796:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[11591:11645:1013/002238.654666:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002238.654778:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11676:1013/002239.291403:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for pnacl (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/pnacl).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11675:1013/002239.292065:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for MEI Preload (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/MEIPreload).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11685:1013/002239.292185:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Safety Tips (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/SafetyTips).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11675:1013/002239.292423:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Crowd Deny (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/Crowd Deny).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11676:1013/002239.300859:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Subresource Filter Rules (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/Subresource Filter/Unindexed Rules).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11683:1013/002239.301531:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Origin Trials (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/OriginTrials).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11685:1013/002239.302382:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Legacy TLS Deprecation Configuration (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/TLSDeprecationConfig).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11686:1013/002239.303146:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for CRLSet (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/CertificateRevocation).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11618:1013/002239.308025:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Intervention Policy Database (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/InterventionPolicyDatabase).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11684:1013/002239.317915:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for File Type Policies (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/FileTypePolicies).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11682:1013/002239.320391:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Certificate Error Assistant (/mnt/sdc3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/SSLErrorAssistant).: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11645:1013/002254.500733:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002254.500934:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 309: unknown element "blank"
[11989:12063:1013/002336.854008:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11591:11645:1013/002337.012696:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002337.012855:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002337.013065:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11684:1013/002341.993750:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11684:1013/002344.398666:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11618:1013/002347.224974:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11618:1013/002350.408928:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11618:1013/002357.989344:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11618:1013/002358.583165:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11684:1013/002359.613511:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11684:1013/002401.069488:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11591:11684:1013/002401.469313:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[11989:12063:1013/002403.573774:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656116:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656244:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656306:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656471:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656537:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656599:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656659:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656717:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656775:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656833:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656890:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.656949:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.657005:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.657062:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.658347:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.658436:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.658482:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.738807:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/002403.738977:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11642:11656:1013/002627.161044:ERROR:database.cc(1632)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
[11642:11656:1013/002627.161236:ERROR:database.cc(1632)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
[11989:12063:1013/002819.605635:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11989:12063:1013/003127.376287:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11989:12063:1013/003127.376957:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/vpx_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":135}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"VpxVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11989:12063:1013/003127.377222:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{\"codec\":\"h264\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/dav1d_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":165}],\"status_code\":260,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"Dav1dVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[11591:11645:1013/003317.328927:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/003317.329098:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11645:1013/003317.329178:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[11591:11613:1013/011728.076044:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/011728.076749:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[11591:11613:1013/011728.096461:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/011728.096596:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[11591:11613:1013/011728.118076:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[11591:11613:1013/011728.118156:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[11591:1103:1013/011728.164582:ERROR:media_history_store.cc(283)] Failed to begin the transaction.
# [1013/011728.234109:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(308)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!
Most likely you need to configure your SUID sandbox correctly
[1013/011728.234951:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(308)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!
I was initially impressed with "Precise Light 5.7.2" because of its small distribution size but now I am beginning to feel distribution size isn't that important (resident size is what is critical not the size of the distribution) - "Precise Light 5.7.2" works well on what it does but to achieve its small size it may have stripped too much and I have found many things I want missing, e.g., lsblk, lscpu and maybe the above libraries.
Last edited by m-cuda on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Try the attached .pet for the missing libs for Precise. I nicked these from my Tahrpup chroot 'jail'. May help.....and then you may want others.

All you can do is try. jrb DID strip a lot of stuff out to get it as 'light' as it is, though I know he managed to get Vivaldi (another Chromium 'clone') running in Precise-lite. If Vivaldi will run, so should Iron; they're both built around the same, identical code-base anyway.

Mike. ;)
Attachments
missing_libs-precise572.pet
Missing libs for Precise 572 lite...
(14.86 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

m-cuda

Post by m-cuda »

@mikewalsh Installed missing_libs-precise572.pet on my "Precise Light 5.7.2" installation and Iron now works wonderfully. Again there are error messages in the console but from the user's viewpoint Iron is working well. Here are the messages from the console:

# ./LAUNCH 
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 308: unknown element "blank"
[8599:8626:1012/233439.493048:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1012/233439.506264:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[8645:8645:1012/233439.601787:ERROR:gl_surface_glx.cc(449)] glxQueryVersion failed
[8645:8645:1012/233439.601918:ERROR:gl_initializer_x11.cc(149)] GLSurfaceGLX::InitializeOneOff failed.
[8645:8645:1012/233439.672857:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(150)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[8599:8626:1012/233439.715251:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1012/233439.715390:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[8599:8626:1012/233440.093329:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1012/233440.093501:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[8599:8665:1012/233440.407706:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1012/233440.407855:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8680:1012/233440.669286:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[8599:8680:1012/233440.669479:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[8599:8680:1012/233440.669633:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[8599:8624:1012/233440.768610:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for pnacl (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/pnacl).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8676:1012/233440.769216:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for MEI Preload (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/MEIPreload).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8671:1012/233440.769507:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Safety Tips (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/SafetyTips).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8671:1012/233440.769764:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Crowd Deny (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/Crowd Deny).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8624:1012/233440.770890:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Subresource Filter Rules (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/Subresource Filter/Unindexed Rules).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8671:1012/233440.771899:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Legacy TLS Deprecation Configuration (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/TLSDeprecationConfig).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8623:1012/233440.771981:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for CRLSet (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/CertificateRevocation).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8640:1012/233440.771993:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Certificate Error Assistant (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/SSLErrorAssistant).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8641:1012/233440.772592:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Origin Trials (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/OriginTrials).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8678:1012/233440.773341:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for File Type Policies (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/FileTypePolicies).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8676:1012/233440.781123:ERROR:component_installer.cc(285)] Could not create the base directory for Intervention Policy Database (/mnt/sdd3/Iron/Iron-portable/iron32/PROFILE/InterventionPolicyDatabase).: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8665:1012/233446.586604:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1012/233446.586798:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8640:1012/233543.119863:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8677:1012/233545.472160:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8677:1012/233548.160290:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8677:1013/093551.487543:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8677:1013/093554.943544:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8677:1013/093558.874276:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8640:1013/093603.176382:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8640:1013/093607.755359:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[8599:8640:1013/093608.184283:ERROR:component_installer.cc(128)] Move failed.: No such file or directory (2)
[9267:9844:1013/093617.538057:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/093617.812559:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093617.812870:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093617.812956:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093630.246927:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093630.247052:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093630.247116:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8651:9143:1013/093704.909178:ERROR:database.cc(1632)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
[8651:9143:1013/093704.909520:ERROR:database.cc(1632)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
[9267:9844:1013/093817.800039:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/093817.843808:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.843969:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844057:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844180:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844268:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844357:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844441:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844528:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844609:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844692:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844784:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844864:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.844945:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.845037:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.864314:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.864450:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093817.864534:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093819.357372:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/093819.357507:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9267:9844:1013/100223.980449:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/100224.080606:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100224.080691:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100224.080740:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100224.675417:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100224.675504:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100243.197977:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/100243.198110:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101017.208338:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101017.208413:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101017.208454:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9267:9844:1013/101157.438649:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/101157.593104:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101157.593237:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101157.593316:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101157.644414:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101157.645140:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9267:9844:1013/101203.785862:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/101203.854377:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101203.854502:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101203.854577:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101205.937272:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101205.937487:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9267:9844:1013/101756.457324:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/101756.462938:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101756.463052:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101756.463114:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101756.742900:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/101756.743325:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8663:8663:1013/103721.012819:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(3601)] ContextResult::kFatalFailure: fail_if_major_perf_caveat + swiftshader
[8663:8663:1013/103721.023337:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(3601)] ContextResult::kFatalFailure: fail_if_major_perf_caveat + swiftshader
[8651:8654:1013/104119.407895:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -107
[8651:8654:1013/104247.041463:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(959)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -113
[8599:8665:1013/104315.300604:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104315.300693:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104315.300762:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9267:9844:1013/104844.977416:ERROR:batching_media_log.cc(38)] MediaEvent: {"error":"{\"causes\":[{\"causes\":[],\"data\":{},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decrypting_video_decoder.cc\",\"line\":53}],\"status_code\":264,\"status_message\":\"\"}],\"data\":{\"Decoder name\":\"DecryptingVideoDecoder\"},\"stack\":[{\"file\":\"../../media/filters/decoder_selector.cc\",\"line\":172}],\"status_code\":265,\"status_message\":\"\"}"}
[8599:8665:1013/104845.306310:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104845.306394:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104845.306443:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104922.512122:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104922.512268:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8665:1013/104922.512347:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[8599:8626:1013/104924.422071:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.422194:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.448023:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.448165:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.469843:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.470003:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.491549:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.491678:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.516295:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.516387:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.536224:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.536319:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.557213:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.557331:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[8599:8626:1013/104924.578393:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[8599:8626:1013/104924.578487:ERROR:pnacl_translation_cache.cc(358)] Backend init failed:net::ERR_FAILED
[1013/104924.653354:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(308)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!
[1013/104924.653542:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(308)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!
# 
The "No such file or directory" errors are apparently caused by absolute symbolic links in the ".../iron32/PROFILE" directory.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   69 Sep 12 00:32 CertificateRevocation -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/CertificateRevocation
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   58 Sep 12 00:32 Crowd Deny -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Crowd Deny
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   55 Sep 12 00:32 Default -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   60 Sep 12 00:32 Dictionaries -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Dictionaries
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 12 00:53 ECSerivceProvidersConfig
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   64 Sep 12 00:32 FileTypePolicies -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/FileTypePolicies
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   57 Sep 12 00:32 First Run -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/First Run
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   61 Sep 12 00:32 GrShaderCache -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/GrShaderCache
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   74 Sep 12 00:32 InterventionPolicyDatabase -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/InterventionPolicyDatabase
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   11 Sep 12 00:53 Last Version
-rw------- 1 root root 7615 Sep 12 00:54 Local State
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   58 Sep 12 00:32 MEIPreload -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/MEIPreload
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   68 Sep 12 00:32 NativeMessagingHosts -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/NativeMessagingHosts
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   60 Sep 12 00:32 OriginTrials -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/OriginTrials
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   53 Sep 12 00:32 pnacl -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/pnacl
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   69 Sep 12 00:32 PnaclTranslationCache -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/PnaclTranslationCache
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   61 Sep 12 00:32 Safe Browsing -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Safe Browsing
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   69 Sep 12 00:32 Safe Browsing Cookies -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Safe Browsing Cookies
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   77 Sep 12 00:32 Safe Browsing Cookies-journal -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Safe Browsing Cookies-journal
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   58 Sep 12 00:32 SafetyTips -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/SafetyTips
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   59 Sep 12 00:32 ShaderCache -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/ShaderCache
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   65 Sep 12 00:32 SSLErrorAssistant -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/SSLErrorAssistant
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   66 Sep 12 00:32 Subresource Filter -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Subresource Filter
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   68 Sep 12 00:32 TLSDeprecationConfig -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/TLSDeprecationConfig
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   66 Sep 12 00:32 Webstore Downloads -> /mnt/sda3/SYSTEM/BROWSERS/PROFILES/Iron/PROFILE/Webstore Downloads
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep 12 00:53 WidevineCdm
Thanks again - I have been looking for a 32-bit Chromium for some time.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Um; you're gonna hate me for this. I am going to REALLY annoy you now..! :D

I don't look on the SRWare site that often, since I've got used to them only releasing new versions sort of once every 2½-3 months. For some reason, I had a look on there about an hour ago.....and damn me if they haven't just released a new version of Iron, less than 4 weeks after the previous one.

I have literally, just this second, finished building the Iron v85 packages....and am posting from the 32-bit one in DPup 'Stretch' as I write this. Give me a little while, and I'll get them uploaded; I shall then have to update the Iron-portable thread itself.....

Sorry about that! :oops:

Mike. ;)

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

OK; new version now available. :thumbup:

(A small 'tip' to save having to re-load bookmarks, extensions, etc, every time. Follow the advice I've just given Darren, here:-

viewtopic.php?p=7594#p7594 )

Mike. ;)

user1111

Post by user1111 »

mikewalsh wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 pm (A small 'tip' to save having to re-load bookmarks, extensions, etc, every time. Follow the advice I've just given Darren, here:- viewtopic.php?p=7594#p7594 )
I like tilda terminal for its Quake drop down style/function and its support for underlining and having url's clickable. I set its dropdown/hide toggle key to be F1 and have it open on my textual bookmarks.txt file (I use 'less' for that, so its easy to scroll up/down). With that simple textual bookmarks file 'outside of Puppyspace' i.e. on HDD, then its accessible across OS's/systems.

Best IMO to keep as much as possible of 'data' and OS separated.
sc0ttman

Post by sc0ttman »

mikewalsh wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 pm As much as I like this Puppy, I seem to be having "issues" with it.

Specifically, browsers....

Firefox seems to have returned to its old, pre-Quantum habit of crashing whenever it feels like it. Iron and Vivaldi are both slow, laggy & juddery....very strange for these. Even Palemoon is not its usual sprightly self; somewhere, something just ain't quite right. Damned if I can figure it out though.....and before anyone says it, no, I doubt the Nvidia driver's got owt to do with it. 'Twas misbehaving before I built and installed that.

An OS without a functional browser is (to my mind) about as much use as a chocolate teapot...! 'Tis all very odd. Hmmm.....

The only thing I can think of is an incompatibility of some kind between the k4.19.74 kernel and my hardware. (*shrug*)

I may see if a return to the default k4.19.56 version - along with a new save-folder and a re-build of the Nvidia driver - will improve matters.

Mike. :?
I noticed this on Radkys other pups - Firefox and even Palemoon would have a sudden flip out, and start rendering badly, not showing scrolling, getting very laggy .. Happens when browser has been open a long time, or has lots and lots of tabs open.

I never found a fix for it.. But firefox is defo worse than Palemoon for it..

Not finding the same issue on Fossa64

Return to “Puppy Derivatives”