Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

Re: Fossapup User Contributed Packages

Post by Grey »

USBImager v1.0.7(version that works without the libudisks2 library). After this topic. It's sad that people still use this clumsy balenaEtcher.

usbimager_1.0.7-x86_64-gtk.pet
(154.61 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

Menu>>Utility>>USBImager

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

tosim

Post by tosim »

Thanks again.

OscarTalks

Post by OscarTalks »

NetSurf-3.10 very small and very light web browser with some javascript handling.
It is nice and worth having on board, but don't expect it to do all the things that the big browsers do.
Compiled from source in FossaPup
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/netsurf- ... -fossa.pet

Attachments
netsurf-fossa.jpg
netsurf-fossa.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
s243a

Post by s243a »

I compiled the latest synergy source from github:

synergy-core_1.13.2.1-1_x86_64.pet (download)

unlinke upuphh+d (see post), I was able to compile the source without installing any dependencies. It was built by the standard method:

Code: Select all

cd synergy-core
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/wiki/Compiling

but packaged as per the slackbuild script (see post)

I was able to use synergy to share the mouse/keyboard between fossapup64 and upuphh+d.

Grey

SmillaEnlarger - excellent GFX-tool based on Qt to resize images

Post by Grey »

SmillaEnlarger compiled in Fossapup. SmillaEnlarger is a small graphical tool based on Qt to resize images, especially magnify bitmaps in high quality.
Now there are many programs with similar functions, but SmillaEnlarger remains an excellent solution in its weight category. Personally, I use it all the time.
And by a strange coincidence, the symbol and icon of the program is a dog - husky :)

smillaenlarger-0.9.1-fossa-x86_64.pet
(336.22 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Menu>>Graphic>>SmillaEnlarger

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Xara Xtreme

Post by Grey »

How many bitmap editors do we have? A whole railway carriage with a trolley. A vector squad usually represents one lonely Inkscape :roll:
.pet = Xara Xtreme v0.7. The program is excellent, but quite old and therefore requires 32bit-compatibilty-fossa64.sfs to work(available in Quickpet>>Useful). At the first start, it may swear at the absence of ImageMagick(you can install from PPM or via pkg). ImageMagick is not needed for vector drawing(only for export) and the window with this notification will not appear anymore.
Menu>>Graphic>>Xara Xtreme

xaralx.png
xaralx.png (157.54 KiB) Viewed 3103 times

Grey

LibreSprite (sprites and pixel-art)

Post by Grey »

LibreSprite (program for creating and animating your sprites and pixel-art) compiled in Fossapup. Here is the .pet:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/U2Y6Zec4xZzE1A
Menu>>Graphic>>LibreSprite
I also compiled Aseprite (LibreSprite's older brother), but I don't know if it can be uploaded ready-made. Can someone please clarify if I can post it here?

MochiMoppel

Re: Xara Xtreme

Post by MochiMoppel »

Grey wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 am

The program is excellent, but quite old and therefore requires 32bit-compatibilty-fossa64.sfs to work

I agree with you that this program is excellent and you really should post it in the Additional Software - Graphics subforum. Nobody will find it here, well...at least not easily. It works OOTB even on my Slacko5.6 and I presume on many other old Puppies and it's basically only one binary. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the SVG export, even with ImageMagick installed.

Grey

Re: Xara Xtreme

Post by Grey »

Hi.

MochiMoppel wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:25 pm

I agree with you that this program is excellent and you really should post it in the Additional Software - Graphics subforum.

Done.

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the SVG export, even with ImageMagick installed.

Try playing with the ~/.xaralx/preferences file. Line 177 ('ImageMagickPath='). And just in case lines 195-196 ('ImageMagickDisable=' and 'ImageMagickWarning='). In general, there are many useful settings.

Grey

OpenShot Video Editor v.2.5.1 as SFS

Post by Grey »

OpenShot Video Editor v.2.5.1 as SFS for Fossapup(libraries native to Fossa). Connecting Blender when creating animated titles works. Video acceleration in the settings changes. I do not know what else to check there.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/gbc37ZC13dCvHQ
Menu>>Multimedia>>OpenShot Video Editor
NVENC encoder exports video very quickly if your video card allows it:

openshot_accel_0.png
openshot_accel_0.png (18.19 KiB) Viewed 2902 times
openshot_accel.png
openshot_accel.png (65.88 KiB) Viewed 2906 times

Grey

Avidemux with NVENC support

Post by Grey »

Until I forgot. Avidemux v.2.7.8 compiled in Fossapup. Compiled using 'FFmpeg headers for Nvidias codec APIs' from here. Therefore, the NVENC encoder works for more or less new video cards from Nvidia. If not, then software codecs will be used.
About 15 years ago I worked for a small regional TV company and even there we sometimes used VirtualDub for Windows. It seems Avidemux is currently no worse than VirtualDub, and even better :)
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/mmA18wi98wEuWQ
Of course you need a fresh video driver for NVENC (455.28 or newer). You can check if the video card supports hardware encoding like this:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -encoders 2>/dev/null | grep nvenc
nvenc_check.png
nvenc_check.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 2853 times

Grey

Czkawka - clean up your garbage at last!

Post by Grey »

Program to clean OS which allow to find music duplicates, empty folders, similar files(and images too), invalid symlinks, zeroed files and other types of junk.
Judging by the name (czkawka = hiccups), the program is clearly from Poland :) The program is simple and unassuming, but sometimes it can help out when cleaning up all kinds of trash.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/evKbirzD_W-hrg
Launch via Menu>>Filesystem>>Czkawka
Can be run from the command line without GUI with the czkawka_cli command. Help is invoked as usual with the czkawka_cli --help (or -h) command.

czkawka.png
czkawka.png (47.03 KiB) Viewed 2819 times

Grey

MakeHuman Community 1.2.0

Post by Grey »

MakeHuman is a free, open source tool for creating realistic 3D human characters. Mmm... something like Poser in Windows. Python is required because almost everything is done on it. It works wherever there is OpenGL, I checked it even in QEMU with the virgl driver - it works there too.
I was waiting for the final version, not the beta, so only now did the .sfs. I have added plugins for "mass production of people", loading content (clothing, skin, hair, body parts and others), exporting to Blender (note that Blender has its own import plugin).
Most often, the program is used for all kinds of debauchery (for the same reasons, mankind cannot be trusted and given any future proton weapon in its hands) :) From "correct" uses, you can, for example, make phases of character movement for the game's sprites.
Menu>>Graphic>>MakeHuman Community
SFS (297 M :!: ):
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/3kIHu39QsOHoQg

makehuman.png
makehuman.png (214.91 KiB) Viewed 2767 times

gychang

Re: OpenShot Video Editor v.2.5.1 as SFS

Post by gychang »

Grey wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:20 am

OpenShot Video Editor v.2.5.1 as SFS for Fossapup(libraries native to Fossa). Connecting Blender when creating animated titles works. Video acceleration in the settings changes. I do not know what else to check there.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/gbc37ZC13dCvHQ
Menu>>Multimedia>>OpenShot Video Editor
NVENC encoder exports video very quickly if your video card allows it:
openshot_accel_0.png
openshot_accel.png

thank you. Will try on other modern pups...

======

Puppy Bytes, utube videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-DUU ... u62_iqR-MA

======

Grey

EncryptPad - encrypt your texts(and not only)

Post by Grey »

EncryptPad. For viewing and editing symmetrically encrypted text (secure text editor and binary encryptor with Open PGP(RFC 4880) format). Can protect files with passwords, key files or both(support images, videos, archives).
Cipher algorithms: TripleDES, CAST5, AES, AES192, AES256, Camellia128, Camellia192, Camellia256, Twofish
Hash algorithms: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, SHA-224
All this means that if you forgot your passphrase or lost a key file, there is nothing that can be done to open your encrypted information ♥‿♥ Isn't this REAL security?
Heh. Even probably mwa-ha-ha :? (ᵔᴥᵔ)
PET: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/l6m1jll3ICWuHQ
Menu>>Document>>EncryptPad
If Lord Byron and his sense of humor lived in our time, they would like the program :) :

Lord Byron._The Giaour_encryptpad_.png
Lord Byron._The Giaour_encryptpad_.png (219.27 KiB) Viewed 2702 times

Grey

Dust3D - brand new(well, relatively) 3D modeling soft

Post by Grey »

Dust3D is a open-source 3D modeling program. UV unwrapping, rigging, pose, motion. All auto, all in one. The program loves OpenGL, it is desirable that it be present.
The bottom line is this: we take at least a couple of photos, for example, with a front view and a side view, place the points-nodes and get a ready-made 3D model.
Run Menu>>Graphic>>Dust3D
The .pet is located here:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/vCw8AIalRNj8MA

dust3d.png
dust3d.png (411.07 KiB) Viewed 2641 times

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Grey :-

Oh, that "MakeHuman" IS rather fun, isn't it? Mind you, I can well see what you mean about the potential for 'debauchery'....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for this!

Mike. :thumbup:

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

Post by Grey »

mikewalsh wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:59 am

Oh, that "MakeHuman" IS rather fun, isn't it? Mind you, I can well see what you mean about the potential for 'debauchery'....

The potential is actually even higher, considering that the program can work in tandem with Blender :)

Grey

Wings 3D - advanced subdivision modeler

Post by Grey »

wings3d_puplogo_0.png
wings3d_puplogo_0.png (40.8 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

Wings 3D v2.2.6.1. Advanced subdivision modeler, powerful and easy to use and written in Erlang(open source, functional programming language). Well... like Blender, only better(for some purposes).
The .pet is located here:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Y6mkbHnKlQutgQ
It is desirable to have OpenCL, it works with Nvidia drivers and I don't know how with the rest. If you plan to render your creations in Wings 3D, then you need a renderer. I won't go into details, but PPM has a POV-Ray renderer. Here is YafaRay. And here is Kerkythea.

Grey

Unreal Speccy Portable

Post by Grey »

Unreal Speccy Portable compiled in Fossapup. I love it, one of my favorite programs ^•ﻌ•^
Portable ZX Spectrum emulator supports Pentagon, 128K, Z80, AY/YM, Beeper, Beta Disk, Tape, Kempston Joystick/Mouse, Snapshots, Replays.
Supported formats: sna, z80, szx, rzx, tap, tzx, csw, trd, scl, fdi, td0, udi, zip
High-quality emulation of AY chip - the Fuse emulator is far behind in this regard.
Knows how to take content directly from well-known software archive sites. The main menu is invoked with the Esc key. The settings are changed with the cursor keys "left" and "right" (but you can also use Space and Enter).
For myself, I assembled a version with a 3.5 MHz AY chip, but here I post it with a standard 1.7 MHz.
The .pet is here:

UnrealSpeccyP-0.0.83-fossap-x86_64.pet
(427.25 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

At first I compiled version 0.0.90, but it bugs with sound in Fossapup (it is mostly polished for Android). It was possible to compile with a "regular window interface" (similar to the GTK). But he's boring, dull and not friendly with Kempston Mouse :) Therefore, 0.0.83 with on-screen interface - it is "sharpened" for Linux. Well, not all yogurts are created equal :)
Menu>>Fun>>Unreal Speccy Portable
The screenshot shows the standard mode and Mr. Gluk Reset Service(ROM firmware for Russian clones of ZX Spectrum):

unreral_speccy_p.png
unreral_speccy_p.png (128.92 KiB) Viewed 2532 times

Grey

"Hacked" Geany 1.37.1 with a new entrance to Easter Egg

Post by Grey »

Mmm... inspired by this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2810. "Hacked" Geany 1.37.1 aka Wolbam compiled in Fossapup. Almost 40 plugins included.
But most importantly, now to enable Easter Egg(game) you need to type the word "puppy" on the keyboard with the About window open :) The original code is "geany", but now we have "puppy" ;)
.pet:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/SgI8ZRD7KgGT_g

geany_1.37.1_puppy.png
geany_1.37.1_puppy.png (31.96 KiB) Viewed 3027 times

Grey

Fossapup logo and little demo

Post by Grey »

1. Maybe someone will need it. A logo for Fossapup to use in design of all sorts of things. Archive contains a png file with a resolution of 1920x1080.

fossapup_logo.tar
(380 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

2. You can make a small demo for Fossapup. For example, like this one:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/wXhuB8zkLyE6Kw
Run Meny>>Fun>>FossaLogoDemo
A small detail. Music is reproduced by emulating the AY chip (more precisely Yamaha YM2149f) of ZX Spectrum computer. Song "Maybe" by the Latvian pop rock group Brainstorm. Heh, you can even compare with the original on YouTube :) BrainStorm - Maybe (Official Video).

Or you can take as a basis and animate, for example (I call it "frost on the window and dancing eyes" :) ):

Grey

MAME 0.231 compiled in Fossapup

Post by Grey »

MAME 0.231 compiled in Fossapup. I compiled using not all 8, but only 4 processor threads - the process took 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not bad for old Xeon given the scale of the program. I tested directly on the main machine and in qemu - it works everywhere. I even went to the end of Contra and the third part of Metal Slug. I can't use the arcade joystick, I'm not used to it. But with a usb gamepad - I become almost a hero :)
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Y3XJkgSdVRW0lA

Here is a link to a collection of rom files(games). This is a torrent file located at archive.org. Note, games weigh 50+ gigabytes :!:
https://archive.org/download/mame-0.231 ... ve.torrent

As for embellishments such as flyers, pictures of arcade motherboards and the outside of the machines themselves, screenshots from games and all that. I do not recommend looking for a ready-made set of "EXTRAs" type. Better go to the wonderful site from the Italian comrades progetto-SNAPS. There you can selectively download WHAT YOU NEED, and not everything, as in EXTRAs. I usually use 6 types: icons, flyers, snap, bosses, cabinets and pcb.

mame-0.231-fossap.jpg
mame-0.231-fossap.jpg (151.19 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

Grey

PCem old computers emulator v17

Post by Grey »

For moderators. If the W98SE installed on virtual disk is prohibited, then please remove only a specific link, not everything.
PCem v17 compiled in Fossapup. The main difference from VirtualBox? PCem is an EMULATOR, not a virtual machine. Therefore, it consumes more resources.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/e1fg2whhAy-P0w
Run via Menu>>Fun>>PCem old computers emulator.
Here is an image of the hard drive I installed Win 98 SE on. Two Voodoo 2 cards in SLI mode :thumbup: . Just put the image file WIN98SE-ENG.img in the /root/Downloads/images/ folder. I made this path by default, but in general it can be changed in the program configurator.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/opFTvs8c12IbXQ
Win 98 Startup floppy disk(this is just in case and if you know what it is):
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/wkkvtCUiY-fmyQ
Giblets of the virtual system: ASUS P/I-P55T2P4, Pentium 133, RAM 128, S3 ViRGE/DX video card, Voodoo 2 with SLI, Sound Blaster AWE32.
5 main actions have been done:
1. Installed DirectX 7.0a
2. Fresh (February 2021!) driver for S3 VirgeDX/GX/GX2 video card
3. FastVoodoo2 4.6 driver for 3dfx Voodoo2 from Italian comrades
4. Driver for Microsoft IntelliMouse PS/2 - scrolling works with the mouse wheel
5. Conflict between ECP Printer Port(LPT1) and the sound card has been resolved - the interrupt request has been changed from 7 to 5 in BIOS.
Do not forget, release mouse cursor - CTRL+END. After that, you can click on the window with the right mouse button and menu will appear.

pcem_win98se_voodoo_1.png
pcem_win98se_voodoo_1.png (54.19 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
pcem-win98se.png
pcem-win98se.png (312.67 KiB) Viewed 2825 times

Grey

QEMU 6.0.0

Post by Grey »

QEMU 6.0.0 compiled in Fossapup. Also updated libvirglrenderer from 1.4.2 to 1.5.3. Feels like in the sixth version virgl renderer works a little faster.
This is .pet with standard x86_64 version:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/6L3S7eE_-NoBeA
Menu>>System>>QEMU
Update. There was no sound. Corrected. Reloaded.

qemu_6.0.0.png
qemu_6.0.0.png (427.06 KiB) Viewed 2771 times

Grey

Pekka Kana 2

Post by Grey »

Pekka Kana 2 Definitive Edition 1.4.2 aka Pekka the Rooster 2 compiled in Fossapup.
Good old Finnish platformer from 2003(Windows 98 and DirectX 7 recommended :) ), ported to SDL2.
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Egy3YooN9SEEkA
Menu>>Fun>>Pekka Kana 2
Here are additional maps and episodes. I turned on zip support for add-ons, so you can put them as a .zip in /opt/PekkaKana2/res/data/mapstore/

Pekka_Kana_2.jpg
Pekka_Kana_2.jpg (127.33 KiB) Viewed 2748 times

Grey

Wolfenstein - Blade of Agony

Post by Grey »

Wolfenstein - Blade of Agony
"This is basically one of the best DOOM mods I've come across." - John Romero
You DO NOT know who John Romero is?! Oh my God... Well, okay :)
I'm too lazy to do SFS, so...
Instructions on how to play Blade of Agony in Fossapup.
1. Download and install GZDoom.
2. Download boa_c3.zip
3. Unpack somewhere and delete all files except one boa.ipk3
4. Make a symbolic link to boa.ipk3 in /root/.config/gzdoom/ or stupidly copy the boa.ipk3 file there
5. Menu>>Fun>>GZDoom
6. Enjoy

BoA.png
BoA.png (347.55 KiB) Viewed 2684 times

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Thanks for this, Grey.

I'm definitely no "gamer".....but I kinda have a soft spot for Doom & similar, 'retro', age-related FPS stuff. A mate was nuts about it in the late 90's, I spent a lot of time round his, and.....I suppose I 'absorbed' a lot of his infectious enthusiasm! I guess it's why I like having the occasional 'play' with Xonotic.... Been around for at least a decade, but it's had a Linux port for ages, and just IS a lot of fun. Needs a bit of 'grunt' to work WELL, though.

(The Windoze 'portable' version of Xonotic runs quite well under WINE, too.....from PortableApps.com. Big old download, though; almost a gig in size....)

I'll have a look at this as soon as I get time. Cheers, anyway.

Mike. :thumbup:

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

3 great puzzle games that can be installed via PPM

Post by Grey »

Let me remind you about 3 great puzzle games that can be installed via the Puppy Package Manager.

1. Raincat is a 2d puzzle game similar to the Incredible Machine and Lemmings series:

raincat.jpg
raincat.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

2. Fish Fillets - Next Generation. Open Source implementation of the wonderful puzzle game Fish Fillets from ALTAR interactive:

fish_fillets.jpeg
fish_fillets.jpeg (72.34 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

3. Enigma is a puzzle game inspired by Oxyd on the Atari ST and Rock and Roll on the Amiga:

enigma.png
enigma.png (278.84 KiB) Viewed 2586 times

Grey

Bombermaaan

Post by Grey »

Bombermaaan v2.1.8.2208 compiled in Fossapup. Bombermaaan is classic Bomberman/Dynablaster game with 'multiplayer' support, cloned from original SNES games.
Call your son, grandson, friend, dog and cat - because five can play at once :) !
Pet: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yItW5mXGc8bhUg
Menu>>Fun>>Bombermaaan
You will figure out how to control the game yourself, but remember the main things:
F3 set 640x480 display mode
F4 set windowed display mode
Escape pause the match and make the menu box appear
P pause or resume

Bombermaaan.png
Bombermaaan.png (303.37 KiB) Viewed 2565 times

Return to “Fossapup64”