NOOooo..... devx missing header files

Moderators: peebee, Forum moderators

Laffin

NOOooo..... devx missing header files

Post by Laffin »

Which is unfortunate becauase i Really liked this version...
devx missing include/linux folder

ThruHammer

Re: NOOooo..... devx missing header files

Post by ThruHammer »

Grab the kernel sources as well.

BologneChe

Post by BologneChe »

Born to lose; live to win

Laffin

Post by Laffin »

Will do, I went to using Fossa64 and compiled a bunch of stuff mc (insane running console without it), audacious (i like the features), codeblocks (oh this one was a pain) and a few others (git,jam). Incredible how Puppy has progressed over the years.... (used it back since 3/4 as emergency boot os on a small partition)

ThruHammer

Post by ThruHammer »

Oh yeah. The devs here have done a pretty good job with all the variants currently offered.

As for something like Code::Blocks I always think, "hmm, does GitHub list a pre-built AppImage?"

OscarTalks

Post by OscarTalks »

Just wanted to mention that the ScPups (32 and 64) are a bit different from most others in that they have a small kernel_headers .SFS available from the standard download location. You can load this along with the devx if it is required and then often the kernel_sources .SFS is not needed. For some reason, I find that with ScPup64 the kernel_headers .SFS is almost always needed for compiling, whereas with ScPup32 only the devx is needed, although it is not much hassle to load the kernel_headers as well just in case.

Laffin

Post by Laffin »

Was a bit discouraged bout using pup, seeing the pet repository full of outdated links. So just figured well, if the pets are dying than better be ready to build a lot on your own.

But forums seem very active. So started trying out the various Pups available with dev enironment.... think my container needs another 512mb bump (2gb)..... Ah well, its all fun and good for learning...

maybe ill just put "my-" stuff in its own partition...
Finding Puppy base install has more stuff than the bigger distros... Think i broke Frugal install on Fossa, things just disappeared or would segfault.... weird... but could just be me... and all the stuff i throw into it.... just having fun compiling stuff.....

s243a

Post by s243a »

Laffin wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Was a bit discouraged bout using pup, seeing the pet repository full of outdated links. So just figured well, if the pets are dying than better be ready to build a lot on your own.

The links are out of date because you haven't updated it. These links change frequently and you have to update the ppm (puppy package manager) database frequently. On the top left of the ppm there is a wrench icon. Click on it then select the "update database tab" and then click the update now button. Finally press enter as needed it and click the okay buttons when done.

maybe ill just put "my-" stuff in its own partition...
Finding Puppy base install has more stuff than the bigger distros... Think i broke Frugal install on Fossa, things just disappeared or would segfault.... weird... but could just be me... and all the stuff i throw into it.... just having fun compiling stuff.....

You didn't try to install an incomparable core package such as something related to glibc such as libc6? If there are incompatible versions of such packages on a system it can cause segment faults.

Return to “SPups”