How to reduce laptop screen's contrast in 32-bit Tahr 605?

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

Chandan

How to reduce laptop screen's contrast in 32-bit Tahr 605?

Post by Chandan »

When I switch on my laptop, the screen contrast of Puppy linux, goes to maximum level, for which my eyes feel uncomfortable, due to yellowish screen. I want to reduce the laptop screen contrast. Which packages I have to download?
I use HP 520 model laptop.
Please help..
I use Tahr 6.0.5 , 32 bit puppy.
Frugal install to hard drive.
There are two brightness adjustment buttons on keypad. But these two buttons could not adjust the contrast of screen. Please help...
PipzDex

Re: Laptop screen is not White

Post by PipzDex »

hi Chandan
this might help you
install it and restart x
redshiftportable.pet
(243.38 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
cheers :thumbup2:

Pentium (R) 2.20GHz I RAM: 8.0 GB I F96-CE_5 I Kernel 6.6.8-64oz-ao I Glibc: 2.31 I 1600x900 Px

My Puppy Stuff and more

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@ PipzDex:-

Don't take this the wrong way, but why have you gone and turned Fred's 'Redshift-lite' self-extracting script into a .pet package? :?

I would have said it was easier to simply stick the original into /root/Startup and be done with it....

(Ah, hell. Ne'm mind. What do I know..? :lol:)

----------------------------

@ Chandan:-

With regard to the brightness keys on the keyboard, their continued functionality is dependent on one thing. Do they communicate with the screen hardware directly (as in the case of my own nearly 20-yr old Dell laptop).....or do they control a software function? If it's the latter, you are better off using a third-party utility like PipzDex has provided, above, since trying to get software function control re-established back to those specific keys may not be that easy....

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Just to control brightness.
Can try this:
viewtopic.php?p=1998#p1998

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

PipzDex

Post by PipzDex »

mikewalsh wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:27 am @ PipzDex:-

Don't take this the wrong way, but why have you gone and turned Fred's 'Redshift-lite' self-extracting script into a .pet package? :?

I would have said it was easier to simply stick the original into /root/Startup and be done with it....

(Ah, hell. Ne'm mind. What do I know..? :lol:)

----------------------------

@ Chandan:-

With regard to the brightness keys on the keyboard, their continued functionality is dependent on one thing. Do they communicate with the screen hardware directly (as in the case of my own nearly 20-yr old Dell laptop).....or do they control a software function? If it's the latter, you are better off using a third-party utility like PipzDex has provided, above, since trying to get software function control re-established back to those specific keys may not be that easy....

Mike. ;)
thats right mike, i packet in that way cause was for me more easy to "enable/disable" and avoid some explanation about the instalation... (lazy, lazy)

and about form the laptop buttons, i have a laptop acer intel i5 64bits and was the same history, until i find this Redshift-lite self-extracting script, and was the solution...

Pentium (R) 2.20GHz I RAM: 8.0 GB I F96-CE_5 I Kernel 6.6.8-64oz-ao I Glibc: 2.31 I 1600x900 Px

My Puppy Stuff and more

Chandan

Re: How to reduce laptop screen's contrast in 32-bit Tahr 605?

Post by Chandan »

Thanks to all of u for your seggestion. I am trying to imply those...solutions.. :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:
Thanks..

Return to “Beginners Help”