Ledger Live on Puppy Linux

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

Mike3

Ledger Live on Puppy Linux

Post by Mike3 »

So I have used Ledger Live an app that is a cryptocurrency walllet. It is available as an appimage from their webpage (ledger.com) & at github.

Well they made some uppdate and it stopped working so I downloaded an older version (version 1.19) that is like a year old. So that worked great. But now that stopped working too. I emailed them and got the message that I should use a later version of linux or a larger distribution like ubuntu.

I made a small change, I took away a mozilla file from my puppy OS. And now the old version of the app (1.19) doesn't work anymore either. Could this be the issue? But I mean it is an appimage and these should contain everything the app needs to run.

So does anyone know of something I can do to make it work again? Is there somedependencies or something I could get to get it running?

I use puppy linux, slacko.

ThruHammer

Re: Ledger Live on Puppy Linux

Post by ThruHammer »

Mike,

Are you running Slacko 6.3.2 (Menu / Help)?

That Ledger said to move to a later build Linux suggests they upped their crypto-libs, meaning, maybe it's time you up your OS.

And yes, a good AppImage will run on most any big-boy Linux OS, of which Pup is not, though, it never hurts to have the appropriate devx loaded (extra libs).

Is your box capable of running a 64b Pup?

Mike3

Post by Mike3 »

I checked the github page

Last edited by Mike3 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThruHammer

Post by ThruHammer »

Mike,

Ledger doesn't want to run as root so, go into the directory where you have your dated AppImage, right-clk and hit "Window / Terminal Here."

Load and enter: ./ledger-live-desktop-1.19.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage --no-sandbox

If it runs you may have been running it as Spot. A simple script would then rectify your issue.

The latest version, 2.23.0 which I downloaded ran fine aboard Bionic64.

6.9.9's libs have most likely become outdated for any of their current builds - something to keep in mind.

Return to “Users”