FATDOG 810 issues with sound and touch screen

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

Clarity

FATDOG 810 issues with sound and touch screen

Post by Clarity »

Booting on a HP AIO touchscreen device. 2 issues
  1. I can track (pointer) anywhere on the screen with my finger. But I cannot launch ANY icons. Single/double-tap with my finger: MUST use mouse.
  2. Sound is not working from either desktop files or internet locations like youtube.
Hummm??? Is there some installed utility(s)/setting(s) to affect either of these 2 problems?
smokey01

Re: FATDOG 810 issue with sound and screen

Post by smokey01 »

[mention]Clarity[/mention] tapping is normally turned off by default in fatdog64. Go to the Control Panel, Desktop, Adjust Touch Pad then Enable tap-to-click.
For your sound issue, click on the speaker in the tool bar, bottom right of screen, click on mixer then press F6 to try another sound card. You sound should have been configured automatically but some times, very rarely, it isn't. You may also find your sound is either off or very low which can be adjusted on the same speaker icon or in the mixer. I have no experience with touch screens so if this does not work I'm sure someone will jump in and help.

Fatdog64 requests/issues should be posted here: https://www.puppylinux.rockedge.org/viewforum.php?f=60
Clarity wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:19 pm Booting on a HP AIO touchscreen device. 2 issues
  1. I can track (pointer) anywhere on the screen with my finger. But I cannot launch ANY icons. Single/double-tap with my finger: MUST use mouse.
  2. Sound is not working from either desktop files or internet locations like youtube.
Hummm??? Is there some installed utility(s)/setting(s) to affect either of these 2 problems?
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Thanks [mention]smokey01[/mention] for your helping me
  • I used your "tap" instructions in the Control Panel to success for icon launch. THX
  • But using the Control Panel>Sound>AlsaMixer does not fix the sound problem. The taskbar icon show an "x" on the volume bar no matter what I do. Any additional ideas?
xscreenshot-20200731T052456.png
xscreenshot-20200731T052456.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 734 times
xscreenshot-20200731T053056.png
xscreenshot-20200731T053056.png (42.81 KiB) Viewed 733 times

Neither of these changes the taskbar icon so that I can unmute (click to turn-on) the sound.
smokey01

Post by smokey01 »

I've referred your issue to the big guns.
JakeSFR

Post by JakeSFR »

What if you try 'Control Panel -> Sound -> Fatdog64 Set Default Sound Card' and choose the "HD-Audio Generic" one?
Reboot may be required, am not sure...

Greetings!
[O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource
Omnia mea mecum porto.
TerryH

Re: FATDOG 810 issues with sound and touch screen

Post by TerryH »

What JakeSFR posted should work to set the correct sound card, it should create the file shown below. If it doesn't you can manually create a file /etc/asound.conf which should make the HD-Audio Generic the selected sound card.

Contents of /etc/asound.conf:

Code: Select all

defaults.pcm.card 1
defaults.pcm.device 0
defaults.ctl.card 1

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

Clarity

Re: FATDOG 810 issues with sound and touch screen

Post by Clarity »

Today, jumping around with various instructions, I have manage to get sound working. It works when a desktop media file is clicked, as well as when on youtube websites.

UNFORTUNATELY, I cannot tell you what steps have been successful! I apologize. Further, should this arise again, I would NOT know what to do in any straight forward fashion. This is upsetting to me as I would not be able to help others who might have same issue. This audio problem, for me, was a 1st ever experienced.

Thanks to everyone offering steps.

Return to “FatDog64”