Where are gedit preferences stored?

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

dhuum

Where are gedit preferences stored?

Post by dhuum »

I've spent a long time searching the tahrpup 6.0.5 file system, searching the web for information, searching high, low and inbetween, but I can't find the file (or files or folder) containing the preferences I've set for gedit. I like to know where these things are, so that I can back them up.

The folder where they're alleged to live on Ubuntu doesn't exist on tahrpup.

Anyone have any idea where these preferences are hiding?

April

Re: Where are gedit preferences stored?

Post by April »

Use pfind in your menu to start . I got this in xenialpup64 7.5 the bottom one had some configuration stuff.
then if not found look for a config file somewhere , maybe in root as .gedit.conf

Attachments
geditcapture21189.jpg
geditcapture21189.jpg (89.82 KiB) Viewed 244 times

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

dhuum

Post by dhuum »

Sorry for delay in replying — been busy.

Thanks for your interest, but pfind was one of the first places I looked. I spent quite some time in it. But there seems to be nothing there that has anything to do with the case. And there's nothing in my boot volume called gedit.css.

I've decided I'm probably going to use Leafpad, anyway. On the whole I prefer a simple text editor. And the configuration file is easy to find.

April

Post by April »

No sweat . I see I don't actually have a gedit program. At least it does not answer to the console command line . I use geany and it works well.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

Return to “Users”