HP Laserjet P1006 printer problem

Moderator: Forum moderators

sansonet

HP Laserjet P1006 printer problem

Post by sansonet »

I recently installed Fossapup64 and have problem with installing drivers for this printer. I tried driver that worked on the same system with macpup 550, and various other drives that I could find. Most of them gave error like "filter" problem, or CUPS say that print job finished, but nothing printed. Finally it started printing with set foo2xxx_rcrsn-2014.04.26 and foo2xxx_udev_patch_upup387-1.0
All looked OK, but until I started installing more stuff. I installed Xnview, hplip driver for printer that I use as scanner only, wine, and Adobe reader + 32bit-compatibilty-fossa64 loaded as SFS. After that printer would print only after restart of system. If I turn it off and on again to print - it would do nothing, but cups report that pint job finished. Is there any way to fix it, or some script that would restart just printer the same way it restarts with system?
Also, on macpup the same printer would not print with Wine sfs loaded so I kept it unloaded most of time, unless I need run widows app. I dont think install of wine problem this time since I tried print before I installed it and it already refused to print

PS. I took older backup file, one before I installed second printer with hplip driver, and started installing other apps. So far I reinstalled almost everything, but not wine yet. Printer still works properly. I have feeling those printer drives conflicting, but I need scanner from it and need install some driver that will not cause problems. Its HP Photosmart C4700. They both was installed on macpup and worked OK for years.

sansonet

Re: HP Leserjet P1006 printer problem

Post by sansonet »

I decided to install dif printer that I had "HP Deskjet 2540" and used this driver https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... _amd64.deb
So far looks good, it scans and laserjet printer prints even after turning it off for some time.
Deskjet prints blank pages only, but I think ink is dried out - I used this printer only once in few years in rare occasions when I needed color printing.

Return to “Drivers”