Wifi connection failure

Moderator: Forum moderators

yuki

Wifi connection failure

Post by yuki »

Hi all, good evening, I have tried my best to connect LxPup Bionic 32 [19.03.26] bit to the internet via an Airlink N150 USB wifi card, the system detects it and the card detects the network [WPA2], but it always tells me it can't link [asks me to verify the password].

I have updated Frisbee, Network Connect, Simple Network, Network Wizard and installed PeasyWiFi, but I can't connect... any suggestions?.

fernan

Re: Wifi connection failure

Post by fernan »

I had problems with certain combinations of wifi card / OS / ISP provider or wifi modems, usually solved checking the security standards all the devices were using.

Are you able to connect to the same network using that same hardware and another OS?

Is your modem set to use WPA2 ?

I'm using the original bionicpup32 ( bionicpup32-8.0+0-uefi.iso ) in one computer, since any newer OS doesn't recognize mi wifi card in that machine.

in any case, a step by step description of your problem, (including picts if you can) would be helpful.

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@yuki - seems this card may need 8192cu driver (see: https://archive.org/details/awll5088v2).
If so, need to compile it for the kernel you are using. Firmware may be an issue too. Please run the following tests in a terminal & report back:

uname -r

then run:

lspci -nn | grep etwork (that starts with a lowercase L & has pipe symbol in middle, usually shift & \ keys)

then with terminal maximised, run:

dmesg | grep irmware

INSPIRON_E1505_USER

Post by INSPIRON_E1505_USER »

i get connection bouncing all the time, i dont know if its because of old/outdated card (laptop i use is form 2006) or if there is a needed update. I'm not sure but i would bounce in and out of connection every few minutes especially when i first start up, then it would be fine for a few hours and start again.

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@INSPIRON_E1505_USER - could be due to failing older equipment, but in the past we sometimes had adaptors that would sleep if inactive for more than a few minutes, so .pet below pings the google server every 30 sec, attempting to keep connection alive. Could help. Will restart X after install, to activate script. You will need to save upon shutdown to retain script or install .pet again next bootup.

Attachments
wifistayup.pet
Use at own risk
(471 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Bionic”