Bookworm Build script

a very small Live CD shaped to look and act like Puppy Linux.

Moderator: fredx181

dcung

Re: Bookworm Build script

Post by dcung »

I have used Lxqt DE more lately.
When I do my laptops hopping, I add Lxqt DE in those that hasn't got it installed yet.

In PCManFM-Qt, I'd like to know how to add right-click "Remove permanently".

I found that you can edit in Preferences to either delete or move to trash options. But, I'd like to have both options when I right-click an item. Something that I got used to in other DE (like in DDOG).

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

dcung wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:33 pm

I have used Lxqt DE more lately.
When I do my laptops hopping, I add Lxqt DE in those that hasn't got it installed yet.

In PCManFM-Qt, I'd like to know how to add right-click "Remove permanently".

I found that you can edit in Preferences to either delete or move to trash options. But, I'd like to have both options when I right-click an item. Something that I got used to in other DE (like in DDOG).

Yes, in DDog it's a thunar custom-action, here are the files for pcmanfm(-qt):

rmperm.tar.gz
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

(edit: probably required is to re-login after placing the files)

dcung

Post by dcung »

fredx181 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:37 am

Yes, in DDog it's a thunar custom-action, here are the files for pcmanfm(-qt):
rmperm.tar.gz
(edit: probably required is to re-login after placing the files)

Thanks @fredx181 .
Works. ! :thumbup:

exton

Post by exton »

NEWS ABOUT PuppEX Bookworm64 Build 240928
My new Puppy Linux derivative (made just for fun) is built using the Bookworm Build Script. The latest script from 240924. The system is compatible with Debian Bookworm – Debian 12. This version of PuppEX uses Xfce4 as Desktop environment (DE). It is for UEFI computers and non-UEFI computers. This PuppEX version runs very well in VirtualBox/VMware. You can run it in full screen in VirtualBox, since VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. You can also drop files from PuppEX running in VirtualBox to (for example) your Windows 11 Desktop.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PuppEX Bookworm64 Xfce4 BUILD 240928
Normally you run all Puppy Linux versions as root. I.e. you will automatically be logged in as root to the desktop. Not as regards Build 240928 though. When the boot process is ready you will end up at SLiM Login Manager site. Log in as the ordinary user puppy with password puppex. Watch this screenshot. You will then enter the Xfce4 Desktop. You can’t log in to Xfce4 as root. While logged in as puppy you can of course use Sudo to become root. Example commands: sudo su and sudo pcmanfm.

Watch a screenshot of the Xfce4 Desktop: https://puppex.exton.se/puppex-bookworm ... 0928-3.jpg

Study all installed packages: https://puppex.exton.se/puppex-bookworm ... 240928.txt

READ MORE: https://puppex.exton.se/

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

exton wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:40 am

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT PuppEX Bookworm64 Xfce4 BUILD 240928
Normally you run all Puppy Linux versions as root. I.e. you will automatically be logged in as root to the desktop. Not as regards Build 240928 though. When the boot process is ready you will end up at SLiM Login Manager site. Log in as the ordinary user puppy with password puppex. Watch this screenshot. You will then enter the Xfce4 Desktop. You can’t log in to Xfce4 as root. While logged in as puppy you can of course use Sudo to become root. Example commands: sudo su and sudo pcmanfm.

For who wants to login as root, some steps are required on PuppEX Bookworm64 Xfce4:

- from logged in as 'puppy', become root first and do the rest of the commands in the same terminal:
sudo su

Then:
- create symlink .xinitrc in /root to /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
cd /root; ln -sf /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc .xinitrc
- set root password: passwd root (to be able to login as root)

- to be able to login with slim (as root or puppy), disable autologin configured from /etc/inittab
cp -af /etc/inittab-noauto /etc/inittab
- Reboot to apply.
(or skip this last step and disable logging in with slim, see below)

Or: if you want autologin as root and without using slim, skip the above cp -af /etc/inittab-noauto /etc/inittab
(edit: to reverse if you done that already, set it to autologin (as root) again: cp -af /etc/inittab-auto /etc/inittab)

- disable slim service : insserv -r slim, and reboot to apply
(note: with a login manager enabled, e.g. slim, it's is a true multi-user system, otherwise not really)

Once logged in as root: to start pulseaudio as root pulseaudio --start
(to run at boot/login create an executable script in /root/Startup containing the command pulseaudio --start)

tosim

Post by tosim »

@exton Thank you for this one. Can it be run as a frugal install, and/or, using the frugal installer app, or do a manual frugal install?

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

tosim wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:03 pm

@exton Thank you for this one. Can it be run as a frugal install, and/or, using the frugal installer app, or do a manual frugal install?

@exton will probably reply too, anyway, sure it can be run as a frugal install, but I must say (confess ;) ) that the frugal installer app included is in fact very outdated as it has no support for UEFI boot (only for "legacy" BIOS) .

exton

Post by exton »

tosim,

The best way to do a frugal install is to do it manually. I.e. just mount the ISO and copy everything in it to a folder on another installed Linux system on your computer. You must use Grub as boot loader. Watch this screenshot: https://puppex.exton.se/puppex-bookworm ... 240924.jpg

Add the following boot lines to your existing Grub configuration (/boot/grub/grub.cfg):

menuentry 'PuppEX Bookworm64 Xfce4 - DebLive (FRUGAL - sda4) 240928' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-e1efec4d-0acb-44f3-b161-c865ea757d0f' {
recordfail
load_video
insmod gzio
if [ x$grub_platform = xxen ]; then insmod xzio; insmod lzopio; fi
insmod part_gpt
insmod ext2
if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root e1efec4d-0acb-44f3-b161-c865ea757d0f
else
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root e1efec4d-0acb-44f3-b161-c865ea757d0f
fi
linux /PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64/live/vmlinuz1 edd=off noauto from=UUID:e1efec4d-0acb-44f3-b161-c865ea757d0f/PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64 changes=UUID:e1efec4d-0acb-44f3-b161-c865ea757d0f/PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64
initrd /PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64/live/initrd1.xz
}

NOTE: The UUID above shall (of course) be the same as the one your installed Linux system has. You don't have to do anything else. Just boot up PuppEX and be happy!

tosim

Post by tosim »

@fredx181 @exton Thank you both for your (quick) replies.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@tosim The grub.cfg entry for Puppex Bookworm XFCE4 (or adjust for any other build) can also be very simple e.g. like this (works ok for me at least):
Create folder PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64 on a ext3 or ext4 partition, place the "live" folder from extracted ISO inside, so you get PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64/live

Code: Select all

menuentry "Puppex Bookworm XFCE4" {
insmod part_msdos 
insmod ext2
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 34b10665-11c5-493c-9bff-f4f1e7db86f2
linux /PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64/live/vmlinuz1 noauto from=/PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64 changes=/PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64 
initrd /PUPPEX-BOOKWORM64/live/initrd1.xz
}

Only one UUID string (34b10665-11c5-493c-9bff-f4f1e7db86f2) here needs to be replaced with what it is for you (find it with blkid).

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

Hi

I have feedback from user of my bookworm build.

It is a small bug.

Can not able to manual edit DNS servers by nm-applet.

Have some error message

Error saving connection: ipv4.dns-data: unknown property

Screenshot_2024-09-30_17-51-18.png
Screenshot_2024-09-30_17-51-18.png (361.26 KiB) Viewed 725 times

It is by packages version mismatch
network-manager 1:1.28.0-2+b1 from your github repo
network-manager-gnome 1.30.0-2 from debian bookworm stable repo.

I try to install network-manager 1.42.4-1 from debian repo. And i see lack of /etc/init.d/network-manager script.

I copy it from your package, and at my quick look it is work fine with debian repo network-manager version.

I look at devuan repo and download, and compare sources from original debian and devuan.
http://deb.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/n/network-manager/network-manager_1.42.4-1~bpo11+1devuan1.debian.tar.xz
http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/network-manager/network-manager_1.42.4-1.debian.tar.xz

And i see devuan not apply extra patches. Just added same /etc/init.d/network-manager file.

But debian/rules have some changes.

--with-session-tracking=systemd \
		--with-suspend-resume=systemd \

--with-session-tracking=elogind \
		--with-suspend-resume=elogind \

Should we need to rebuild network-manager with these options or just add /etc/init.d/network-manager to
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DebianDog/MakeLive/gh-pages/dog-boot-bookworm-20221013.tar.gz maybe?
and keep original network-manager 1.42.4-1 from debian repo?

Or repack original network-manager 1.42.4-1 with /etc/init.d/network-manager and add it to github pepo.

It is not possible to replace just one package from devuan network-manager_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb
because it depends on libnm0 (= 1.42.4-1devuan1) too.

It is so interesting why network-manager from debian repo not have init.d version of script. I saw this just now.
Have you know something more about that?

UPD
I try to install 2 packages from devuan network-manager_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb libnm0_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb
Build module. Try it in QEMU, it is work ok with eth0 connection.
And next copy module to USB and boot my laptop. To test wifi connection and it is working to.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Hi gumanzoy, nice research !

gumanzoy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:54 pm

@fredx181

It is so interesting why network-manager from debian repo not have init.d version of script. I saw this just now.
Have you know something more about that?

Yes it was exactly the reason why I did add the older v1.28 (containing /etc/init.d/network-manager) to the github repo.
(edit: Debian standard = with systemd, if you want to avoid it, some workarounds are required)

I try to install 2 packages from devuan network-manager_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb libnm0_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb

I have now removed network-manager 1.28.0-2+b1 from github repo and added network-manager_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb and libnm0_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb
The devuan packages will have priority over the v1.42.4-1 from Debian.
Did not test yet, do you think it should be ok now ?

P.S. There are probably some more packages that support only systemd (missing script in /etc/init.d/), perhaps the best setup would be (experimental!):
- add devuan daedalus repo to /etc/apt/sources.list deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/ daedalus main contrib non-free
- edit: and install devuan-keyring http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool ... 28_all.deb
- and add in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
Pin: release n=daedalus
Pin-Priority: 1000

edit: did the above and apt update; apt upgrade , many packages were upgraded to the devuan version (also elogind and related) and went without problems.
In fact it will be practically the same as running a standard Devuan system.

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

Thanks to quick reply.

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:32 am

I have now removed network-manager 1.28.0-2+b1 from github repo and added network-manager_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb and libnm0_1.42.4-1devuan1_amd64.deb
The devuan packages will have priority over the v1.42.4-1 from Debian.
Did not test yet, do you think it should be ok now ?

network-manager from devuan work for me, but i test only just eth0 and wlan0.
Non test ppp or vpn of something, because i don't use it.
But i hope it will work fine for other cases.

But. Now is version pinning problem.

synaptic-nm.jpg
synaptic-nm.jpg (63.31 KiB) Viewed 598 times

If in the future debian update network-manager and libnm0 for security reason. Version may changed to apt prefer debian version over github.
And as result - broken not starting network-manager.
Need add some /etc/apt/preferences pinning or edit debs from devuan to change version prefix 1: like other packages in your github repo.
What you prefer?

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:32 am

P.S. There are probably some more packages that support only systemd (missing script in /etc/init.d/), perhaps the best setup would be (experimental!):

• add devuan daedalus repo to /etc/apt/sources.list deb http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/ daedalus main contrib non-free
  • edit: and install devuan-keyring http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool ... 28_all.deb
  • and add in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: *
    Pin: release n=daedalus
    Pin-Priority: 1000
    edit: did the above and apt update; apt upgrade , many packages were upgraded to the devuan version (also elogind and related) and went without problems.
    In fact it will be practically the same as running a standard Devuan system.

I prefer to not do that. Better to pick some important packages and upload to https://github.com/doglinux/book-worm/raw/master/amd64/

What about elogind_250.10-5_amd64.deb ? github have newer version than daedalus: elogind_246.10-5_amd64.deb

Maybe update eudev in github from daedalus too?
3.2.12-4+deb12u1 over 3.2.9

synaptic-eudev.jpg
synaptic-eudev.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 598 times

What about dash in github.
Some reason to use this version? Some thing can goes wrong with debian original version?
At last week i do fresh bulid mklive-bookworm.
Version from github not installed at build time.
But apt want to update it at fresh iso run time...

synaptic-dash.jpg
synaptic-dash.jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 598 times

I just masked it by
/etc/apt/preferences.d/dash

Package: dash
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: -1

But it is not good solution.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Hi @gumanzoy
I will do what you suggested (adding prefix 1: to the network-manager and libnm0 packages from devuan) and also add elogind + eudev from devuan to my repo later (needs some investigation to do it properly ).

About dash: "we" don't want the Debian version as it forces back symlink /bin/sh > dash , it should be bash, otherwise some (or more) gtkdialog based scripts won't work properly.
This is how it should be:

root@live:~# ls -l `which sh`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 10 jul 15:04 /bin/sh -> bash

But I will update soon the version in my repo with the newest dash binary included.

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:53 pm

Hi @gumanzoy
I will do what you suggested (adding prefix 1: to the network-manager and libnm0 packages) and also add elogind + eudev from devuan to my repo later (needs some investigation to do it properly ).

And some other potential problem.
With network-manager and libnm0 packages from devuan can't install original libnm-dev from debian.
Because it want dep: libnm0 (= 1.42.4-1)
Can add to github edited debs libnm-dev gir1.2-nm-1.0 from devuan. Or leave it as is.
If somebody need libnm-dev can download it from devuan repo.

About dash: "we" don't want the Debian version as it forces back symlink /bin/sh > dash , it should be bash, otherwise some (or more) gtkdialog based scripts won't work properly.
This is how it should be:

root@live:~# ls -l `which sh`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 10 jul 15:04 /bin/sh -> bash

But I will update soon the version in my repo with the newest dash binary included.

Yes i know about sh and bash scripting differences.
mklive-bookworm already do simlink /bin/sh -> /bin/bash

P.S. Just my thought. Maybe alternative solution is prevent apt to update dash at all by pinning.
/etc/apt/preferences.d/dash

Pin: release a=*

Can create this file by mklive-bookworm after creation of simlink /bin/sh -> /bin/bash.
And don't need to have dash package on github.

Or somebody use /bin/dash for something in doglinux?
Because this prevent some possible further security updates.
EDIT: Because this prevent to get some possible further security updates of dash package from debian (security) repo.

Last edited by gumanzoy on Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

gumanzoy wrote:

Probably dash isn't used much, but I don't understand what you mean, how can dash installed (or not) influence on security updates ?
edit later:, oh probably you mean that dash version is locked from upgrading

mklive-bookworm already do simlink /bin/sh -> /bin/bash

Yes, but that's because of that the dash version from the github repo will be installed. the newest Debian version has no choice for symlinking sh > bash (no option dpkg-reconfigure dash where dash can be chosen or not (not = bash))

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:54 pm
gumanzoy wrote:

Probably dash isn't used much, but I don't understand what you mean, how can dash installed (or not) influence on security updates ?

I talk about if apt prevent from get updates dash package from debian repo. By /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash.
I think it is not bad solution to prevent from overwrite /bin/sh

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

gumanzoy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:59 pm
gumanzoy wrote:

I talk about if apt prevent from get updates dash package from debian repo. By /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash.

See my "edit later" and following in previous post, what I'm trying to say (but may be wrong) is that dash from github repo must exist, specially when running mklive-bookworm , it's required, to get it right (sh > bash).

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:15 pm
gumanzoy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:59 pm

See my "edit later" and following in previous post, what I'm trying to say (but may be wrong) is that installing dash from github repo from mklive-bookworm at build time is required to get it right (sh > bash).

Yes, but that's because of that the dash version from the github repo will be installed. the newest Debian version has no choice for symlinking sh > bash (no option dpkg-reconfigure dash where dash can be chosen or not (not = bash))

I am sorry, but No.
Original version is installed at build time now! I don't know how.
I run build process.
And i get fresh build with dash 0.5.12-2 installed.
I attach screenshot in previous message.
But /bin/sh -> /bin/bash as needed.

gumanzoy@debian:~$ cd /home/gumanzoy/build/bookworm/chroot
gumanzoy@debian:~/build/bookworm/chroot$ grep dash var/lib/dpkg/status
 The Debian Almquist Shell (dash) is a POSIX-compliant shell derived
Homepage: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/dash/
gumanzoy@debian:~/build/bookworm/chroot$ grep 0.5.12-2 var/lib/dpkg/status
Version: 0.5.12-2
gumanzoy@debian:~/build/bookworm/chroot$ cat var/lib/dpkg/info/dash.list
/.
/bin
/bin/dash
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/debianutils
/usr/share/debianutils/shells.d
/usr/share/debianutils/shells.d/dash
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/dash
/usr/share/doc/dash/NEWS.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/dash/README.Debian.diet
/usr/share/doc/dash/README.source
/usr/share/doc/dash/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/dash/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/dash/copyright
/usr/share/lintian
/usr/share/lintian/overrides
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/dash
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man1
/usr/share/man/man1/dash.1.gz
/usr/share/menu
/usr/share/menu/dash
/bin/sh
/usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz
gumanzoy@debian:~/build/bookworm/chroot$ ls -l bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 окт 13  2022 bin/sh -> bash

I don't know how. Maybe github dash installed before DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive dpkg-reconfigure dash
And then apt-get force to update dash to debian version.
But i get what i get in my fresh build. This is so strange.

EDIT: I look at date of creation of simlink

gumanzoy@debian:~$ cd build/bookworm/chroot/usr/bin/
gumanzoy@debian:~/build/bookworm/chroot/usr/bin$ ls -l dash sh bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1265648 мар 30  2024 bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  125640 янв  5  2023 dash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       4 окт 13  2022 sh -> bash

I run build in ~/build/ with existed ~/build/bookworm/chroot directory from previous build.

EDIT2:
I do fresh build in empty directory and get same.

gumanzoy@debian:~/build2/bookworm/chroot/usr/bin$ ls -l dash sh bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1265648 мар 30  2024 bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  125640 янв  5  2023 dash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       4 окт 13  2022 sh -> bash

But dash from github already never installed in both builds.

gumanzoy@debian:~$ ls build/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash*
build/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash_0.5.12-2_amd64.deb
build/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash_0.5.12-2_i386.deb
gumanzoy@debian:~$ ls build2/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash*
build2/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash_0.5.12-2_amd64.deb
build2/bookworm/chroot/var/cache/apt/archives/dash_0.5.12-2_i386.deb

P.S. Just to explain what i mean.

# make /bin/sh symlink to bash instead of dash:
echo -e "\e[0;36mmake /bin/sh symlink to bash instead of default dash\033[0m"
echo "dash dash/sh boolean false" | debconf-set-selections
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive dpkg-reconfigure dash

I think this code can be replaced for ln -sf bin/bash bin/sh
+ code for creation /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash

Last edited by gumanzoy on Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

gumanzoy wrote:

I am sorry, but No.
Original version is installed at build time now! I don't know how.
I run build process.
And i get fresh build with dash 0.5.12-2 installed.

Ah, thought there was a misunderstanding earlier, but now it's clear that you get 0.5.12-2 installed, :shock: very mysterious I must say, I did a build today and got 1:0.5.11+git20210903+057cd650a4ed-8 installed .
Can you say more about what build type you used, also e.g. did you change locale or otherwise besides standard ?
And did you get symlink sh > dash ?

P.S. Just to explain what i mean.

# make /bin/sh symlink to bash instead of dash:
echo -e "\e[0;36mmake /bin/sh symlink to bash instead of default dash\033[0m"
echo "dash dash/sh boolean false" | debconf-set-selections
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive dpkg-reconfigure dash

I think this code can be replaced for ln -sf bin/bash bin/sh
+ code for creation /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash

Ok that could be a good solution then, but first I like to understand what's happening on your build.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@gumanzoy
Saw your Edit and Edit2, you obviously did a build with usr-merged.
In dog-boot-bookworm-20221013.tar.gz usr/bin there's symlink sh > bash (I've put it there to make sure of sh > bash in case of usr-merged system), so that could explain why the symlink sh to bash worked ok for you.
Still no explanation though why the dash version from my repo didn't get installed. :o

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:36 pm

Can you say more about what build type you used, also e.g. did you change locale or otherwise besides standard ?
And did you get symlink sh > dash ?

Host standard Debian 12 with systemd
Fresh updated from Debian 11 in this September month. And have merged usr now.

cat /etc/default/locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="en_US:en"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="ru_RU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="ru_RU.UTF-8"

My current version of mklive-bookworm-gumanzoy and mklive-bookworm64-xfce-gumanzoy.conf

mklive-bookworm-gumanzoy-2024.tar.xz
(16.67 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

I save full scrollback from terminal. If it helps you.
root@debian:/home/gumanzoy/build2# ./mklive-bookworm-gumanzoy -cli mklive-bookworm64-xfce-gumanzoy.conf

build_process.txt.xz
(32.43 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@gumanzoy Found out, I think. Why the dash package from github doesn't install for you, the standard Debian dash version is installed from debootstrap process first. Add dash to the install list of your mklive-bookworm64-xfce-gumanzoy.conf and it should upgrade to the newer version from github.
edit; dash is included in the install list of the prefab online configs, so explains why it worked ok from my tests.
edit next time update of mklive-bookworm I'll add dash to the list of basic/required packages to prevent this kind of situation.

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:34 pm

@gumanzoy Found out, I think. Why the dash package from github doesn't install for you, the standard Debian dash version is installed from debootstrap process first. Add dash to the install list of your mklive-bookworm64-xfce-gumanzoy.conf and it should upgrade to the version from github.
edit next time update of mklive-bookworm I'll add dash to the list of basic/required packages to prevent this kind of situation.

Yes. I edit BASE_INSTALL="dash ... and get version from github installed.

But for my case i will keep this setup with original debian dash. And add /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash as described before.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

gumanzoy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:45 pm

@fredx181

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:34 pm

@gumanzoy Found out, I think. Why the dash package from github doesn't install for you, the standard Debian dash version is installed from debootstrap process first. Add dash to the install list of your mklive-bookworm64-xfce-gumanzoy.conf and it should upgrade to the version from github.

Yes. I edit BASE_INSTALL="dash ... and get version from github installed.

But for my case i will keep this setup with original debian dash. And add /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash as described before.

Ok, fine of course but note that it may not work ok that way (sh > bash) (not sure though) in case of a build with no-merged-usr .
edit: unless you edit your mklive-bookworm mod to force symlink sh > bash as you mentioned earlier also .

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:52 pm
gumanzoy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:45 pm

Ok, fine of course but note that it may not work that way (sh > bash) (not sure though) in case of a build with no-merged-usr .
edit: unless you edit your mklive-bookworm mod to force symlink sh > bash as you mentioned earlier also .

I will not use no-merged-usr anymore.
I try to reinstall (at run time) dash from repo and get changed /bin/sh -> dash.
So /etc/apt/preferences.d/dash

Pin: release a=*

Is strictly needed for my strange setup :D

Or maybe it is better to use dash package from your github.... :thumbup2:

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

gumanzoy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:08 pm

Is strictly needed for my strange setup :D

You do it "your way" :D :thumbup:

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

I will do what you suggested (adding prefix 1: to the network-manager and libnm0 packages from devuan) and also add elogind + eudev from devuan to my repo later (needs some investigation to do it properly ).

I will wait for updates on github repo to build and upload fresh version of my build.
With kernel 6.10 and fresh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-550.120 driver module.
And with linux version of furmark2 (closed source but have no good open alternative)

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@gumanzoy and @all

Changes in the custom book-worm repository at github: https://doglinux.github.io/book-worm/amd64/ (64 bit) and https://doglinux.github.io/book-worm/i386 (32 bit)

- network-manager and libnm0 packages are now at version 1:1.42.4-1devuan1 (taken from Devuan repo and modified version with prefix 1:)
(should fix a small bug, see viewtopic.php?p=132104#p132104)
- eudev and libeudev1 are now at version 3.2.12-4+deb12u1 (also from Devuan)
- dash is now slightly newer version 1:0.5.12-2

The elogind, libelogind etc... packages I kept the same (the existing packages (v250.10-5) contain exactly the same as v246.10-5 from Devuan daedalus, only difference is that I bumped the version number up to 250.10-5) .

gumanzoy

Post by gumanzoy »

@fredx181

Hi

I saw something more after i have experience with fresh builds.

As soon as network-manager 1.42.4 packages in debian and devuan not have dep: wpasupplicant like previous versions.
And only have rec: wpasupplicant. But this package is needed to be able to connect to Wi-Fi networks.

Better to have wpasupplicant in BASE_INSTALL=

Return to “DebianDogs”