xluncher package updated to v2.1_0

Kennel Linux Void-based

Moderator: Forum moderators

fredx181

xluncher package updated to v2.1_0

Post by fredx181 »

The "xluncher" package, first introduced here: https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 761#p61761 is an additional package for xlunch (and has dependency xlunch (for to be installed from the void repo))
@rockedge You seem to like xlunch as much as I do :D . I've done some work on this one, please test, initially focused on making it update the entries file for xlunch "quick" (rather than building it from scratch which can be very slow, although depending on the amount of applications installed).

xluncher v2.1_0 xbps package : (edit 10 min later: uploaded new package with small change)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/scl/f ... cmd29&dl=1

Changes (many workarounds/changes in included shell scripts):
- added "Quick-Update" entry in Menu (/usr/local/bin/xlunch-menu-update script) (will only scan if there's a change in /usr/share/applications for any *.desktop files and will update the xlunch entries accordingly).
- added a runit service that does monitor for changes in /usr/share/applications, so when installing or removing a package with xbps, the xlunch entries will be synced automatically with that (in fact not needed to run "Quick-Update" entry from Menu).

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: xluncher package updated to v2.1_0

Post by rockedge »

@fredx181 It is true that I really like xLuncher and xLunch. I find it the fastest menu for the way I navigate and looks great once the options are fine tuned.

I'll be glad to test it across the KLV's starting tonight,

Did you add xLunch as a dependency to the package xluncher-2.1._0.xbps?

fredx181

Re: xluncher package updated to v2.1_0

Post by fredx181 »

rockedge wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:11 pm

@fredx181 It is true that I really like xLuncher and xLunch. I find it the fastest menu for the way I navigate and looks great once the options are fine tuned.

I'll be glad to test it across the KLV's starting tonight,

Did you add xLunch as a dependency to the package xluncher-2.1._0.xbps?

Yes, and also added "inotify-tools" as dependency (inotifywait being used for to monitor changes in /usr/share/applications).

fredx181

xluncher updated to v2.2_0

Post by fredx181 »

Found some small glitches in the previous xluncher v2.1_0, i.e. in case of stopping the monitoring service sv stop start-xluncher or restarting sv restart start-xluncher it didn't work properly.
(rather unlikely though that anyone would use the stop or restart option for this, but still I wanted it to behave as a runit service should do IMO) .
Should be fixed now in v2.2_0:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/scl/f ... y9gab&dl=1

Return to “KLV-Airedale”