XBPS PET on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

XBPS PET on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Post by rockedge »

This is the Void Linux XBPS package manager built in F96-CE_4 for .xbps package assembly. This is for the convenience of building .xbps packages for KLV's on a workhorse F96-CE_4 without file transfers or reboots.

Download xbps-0.60.pet

Jasper

Re: XBPS PET on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

Hi there, can you let me know how I would use this for compiling/building applications?

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Jasper Since it is the Void Linux package manager and it can run as a static version and compiled on F96-CE_4 runs on Fossapup64 (I think), it might not be best suited to compile and build packages for Puppy Linux.....though I have not experimented with this to any serious extent.

I compiled XBPS for Puppy so I could assemble .xbps packages for KLV's directly in F96-CE_4.

XBPS can build packages from source, which I have not yet tried using the PET in F96-CE_4.

I have broken the Puppy Linux system experimenting with some Void Linux repo sourced installs, when the glibc libraries were updated to very latest versions and bricked a Fossapup64, so be careful with xbps-install -Suy command!

xbps-src is the compile packages from source tool.

What do you have planned? sounds interesting........ :ugeek:

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

I had looked at the Xbps-Source GIT page and that had all the tools required for compiling and templates too.

Also, has the ability to generate sign off applications using RSA.

There are two versions, a 'main' builder and a 'mini-builder' one for local applications.

Would be useful to create an individual repostitory for Xbps packages.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I sort have one that use for building custom KLV's -> https://rockedge.org/kernels
or
https://rockedge.org/kernels/data/XBPS_packages/

Although it is specifically for KLV assembly I have found out that there are quite a few .xbps packages that will work in F96-CE_4 or NoblePup64 when installed directly using xbps.

I have installed custom local built .xbps packages and have had success installing apps from the Void Linux repo's on both Puppy Linux variants. Careful though, like mentioned earlier, some dependencies upgrades will either make the system unstable at minimum or most likely, brick the system entirely.

It would be very interesting experimenting with using xbps-src to build some package from source on a Puppy Linux variant!

Return to “System”