I'm back on puppy forum, remember me????

Jasonbc

I'm back on puppy forum, remember me????

Post by Jasonbc »

it"s been a while. , I was a member on the old puppy forums for several years. You may remember me , "Jason.b.c" .

Just recently I thought to myself, "i wonder if my old account is still there?" (Murgalinux) , so.. I went and looked , The forum is archived and John Murga passed away??? WOW... I missed a lot... :o

Where have I been?? Oh , Around . Life and all that...

:thumbup2: Not sure what else to say except. It's good to be back...

sonny

Re: I'm back on puppy forum, remember me????

Post by sonny »

:welcome: back!

cobaka

Post by cobaka »

@Jasonbc

Good to see you here!

собака

собака --> это Русский --> a dog
"c" -- say "s" - as in "see" or "scent" or "sob".

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Yes, Welcome Back! :welcome:

You will find that a lot has changed in Puppy Linux.

The good thing is, it is all good things!

Puppy Linux is very much alive and getting better every day!

The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Jasonbc

Post by Jasonbc »

i guess , so , nobody here remembers me :thumbdown: , hmmm weird ... is "pizzasgood" here? ardvark? muggins? Wayne?Marksouth2000 , you mailed me a puppy 2.02 cd years ago.. , are you still here???

i'm just curious... ;)

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Jasonbc Some are still around from the older days..........Lobster just made a visit and some others come more rarely though.
BarryK is around most every day unless he's out on a bike trek.

You can still login on the oldforum (Murga Forum) using your original credentials. No posting but the Private Message system works. :thumbup:

The Murga forum almost broke beyond repair but we were able to convert the database with some luck. The Wikka is still running as well.

Good to have you stop in again! Quite a bit has advanced on the Puppy Linux world.

wiak

Post by wiak »

Jasonbc wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:41 am

i guess , so , nobody here remembers me :thumbdown: , hmmm weird ... is "pizzasgood" here? ardvark? muggins? Wayne?Marksouth2000 , you mailed me a puppy 2.02 cd years ago.. , are you still here???

I forget names as quick as I'm introduced to them generally, but Clarity may remember you since I note you were having trouble with samba-related pupserver for printing way back in 2012. Much has changed, but most remains similar as to in the old days... Welcome, and hope you are back to stay ;-)

Can I make puppy look like win 7 ???
#1 Post by jason.b.c » Sat 11 Jan 2014, 03:44

wow , i haven't posted here in forever.. (long story) lol

So , is it possible to make puppy look like windows 7 ?? (i know , i know , why? )

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@Jasonbc - old age must be catching up with me - I've been around since 2005 (under another name till 2010), but although I remember most of the names you mentioned, I don't remember you. Sorry, but welcome back anyway. Muggins is still around.

Jasonbc

Post by Jasonbc »

rockedge wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:57 am

You can still login on the oldforum (Murga Forum) using your original credentials. No posting but the Private Message system works. :thumbup:

Yeah I wondered about that , but I can't remember my password . :?

tosim

Post by tosim »

I'm one that remembers you! Glad to see you.

Jasonbc

Post by Jasonbc »

tosim wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:47 pm

I'm one that remembers you! Glad to see you.

Oh Heck Yeah... :thumbup2:

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Jasonbc :-

Many of the original crew have fallen by the wayside over the years. I've been here myself since June 2014; I think I've seen your 'handle' on occasions when trawling the old Murga-Linux forum, though with JM's demise in early 2020 - and the subsequent grinding-to-a-halt of the old forum! - we lost many more who never bothered to make the transition over here.

Coupla distinct improvements you'll notice. One, the forum is kept up-to-date now; @rockedge managed to migrate the forum software from an elderly, much-patched, almost defunct 2-series across to an up-to-date 3-series; a feat which, apparently, many over at the phpBB forums STILL can't believe worked! Especially given that well over a million posts were involved... Multiple database backups are now in place to ensure this never happens again. Doesn't pay to put ALL your eggs in one basket..! :D

The other main thing is that Erik is very much here, very much 'hands-on' and keeps on top of issues. We're all immensely grateful to JM for providing the old forum for all those years, but he was definitely an "absentee landlord", and often didn't show up for months, sometimes years at a time. And the sole remaining mod for many years - Flash - had his hands tied by not being provided with the tools he needed.

The gratitude now very firmly goes to Erik......who is tireless in keeping everything functioning smoothly, and enabling the rest of us to chatter away without a care in the world, along with thoughtfully providing several new tools that just weren't there before (one of which is the ability to embed YouTube videos directly into our posts). Most useful!

You'll notice we now have a sizeable mod team again.....including yours truly, who volunteered his services after honing his "skills" over at BleepingComputer for a few years.

The community's definitely still alive, despite having a lot of new faces. Anyways; :welcome: back again! Nice to have you with us once more...

Mike. :thumbup:

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

I did not know that you could log back into the old forum :lol:

old-user.png
old-user.png (84.42 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Jasonbc

Post by Jasonbc »

mikewalsh wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:07 am

@Jasonbc :-

The other main thing is that Erik is very much here, very much 'hands-on' and keeps on top of issues. We're all immensely grateful to JM for providing the old forum for all those years, but he was definitely an "absentee landlord", and often didn't show up for months, sometimes years at a time. And the sole remaining mod for many years - Flash - had his hands tied by not being provided with the tools he needed.

Yeah , I seem to recall having a few -ehem- run-ins or arguments rather , with Flash, I don't fully remember what they were about , but i recall him being hard to get along with at times....

The community's definitely still alive, despite having a lot of new faces. Anyways; :welcome: back again! Nice to have you with us once more...

Mike. :thumbup:

Thanks.... :thumbup2: :thumbup:

Return to “Off-Topic Area”