Operating systems with AI negate VPN's and privacy

Moderator: Forum moderators

wizard

Operating systems with AI negate VPN's and privacy

Post by wizard »

Some thoughts on what the new OS's with embedded AI can impact. :thumbdown: Good news for Puppy users.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKoG0dKCOk

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

Clarity

Re: Operating systems with AI negate VPN's and privacy

Post by Clarity »

This is another video of "look out ... evolution is going to change the world...Beware!"

Having a background in using LLMs and algorithms that pre-dates the current media blitz, the technology, that the current media discusses, has been in the hands of Defense Departments for years and is already afoot.

This "beware" news has no impact.

Its like saying to the Neanderthals "beware Humans are coming."

They are already here. The only difference is today's corporate news is telling us, worldwide, its not coming...rather is already here. If there was no money in scaring people, we'd have no Horror Movies or Politicians (or WARS). People love to be scared. Scare them enough and they riot, revolt, or go to war for you. ... they'll buy into whatever is being sold to them.

Want a extreme solution: STOP all mankind knowledge, scientific discovery and developments. <=== This cannot happen at this level of human existence. :thumbup:

Looking at the many changes in mankinds existence in my lifetime suggest to understand whether there is benefit in the direction of the changes. I remember my thinking that walking around with a phone was 'stupid' (given that phone booths were everywhere). BUT, enlightenment has changed me such that I see that "stupid" has benefits on a personal level.

For me, AI has already proven itself in my use, thus far. Its continual improvement will soon mean, I no longer need a keyboard. Merely a mouse or a touchscreen, which I've used for over a decade.

Some scholars advise: "Now is the time to consider how to use it for your benefit."

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

In watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony, today, I remain HOPEFUL that someday, maybe, mankind can build a Peaceful World.

As such, here's a thought that NO Governments/Defense-Departments in the world want: IF ALL the evidence-based knowledge of the world becomes freely available to every person on the planet with all having direct access to it, there is HOPE!

:idea: AI 'can' make this possible! :idea:

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Clarity wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:01 am

In watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony, today, I remain HOPEFUL that someday, maybe, mankind can build a Peaceful World.

As such, here's a thought that NO Governments/Defense-Departments in the world want: IF ALL the evidence-based knowledge of the world becomes freely available to every person on the planet with all having direct access to it, there is HOPE!

If it's about EQ (emotional intelligence), in my opinion, AI will always stay STUPID ! (pessimistic. yes, sorry)
I saw parts of the Olympic Opening Ceremony and , same as last time "Imagine" was performed (yeah yeah, very nice....), now... can AI "imagine" ? We humans can.
But can we stop the influence in the world of the "Military Industrial Complex" ?

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

But can we stop the influence in the world of the "Military Industrial Complex" ?

Difficult with out forgiveness, but possible and it starts by being able to honestly say I am sorry and mean it.

I don't know if AI can feel empathy

sonny

Post by sonny »

@Clarity
NO.
No, the world will never be at peace as long as there are ideologies that will stop at
nothing to dominate the world (mass migrations, intellectual property theft, drugs).
You can bookmark this, Clare.

@fredx181
I use Claude for at least 6 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK (cuz I pay $20/month or $.667/day).
Yes, whatever they say and "try to hide", AI does HAVE emotions.
Can't remember how many times it responds with "I FEEL that..."
Can't remember how many times it offers me EMOTIONALLY charged
alternatives on my original lines.

Last but not least, I salute your GEERT WILDERS and really admire his balls.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

sonny wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:23 pm

... mass migrations, intellectual property theft, drugs ...

Please explain: How that has anything to do with what AI have offered?

The ideas I share is about ALL knowledge becoming available to everyone. Use of that knowledge in discovery or producing more evidence will feed back into the LLMs.

You share you use AI, but ???

Last edited by Clarity on Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonny

Post by sonny »

@Clarity

1. I responded to your
"... I remain HOPEFUL that someday, maybe, mankind can build a Peaceful World."

2. Try to experience AI first hand in order to understand its pros and cons,
rather than just talk and guess it

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

My idea proposed is that IFF all LLMs and AIs is fed into a common set of services for free to everyone plus all in the world; much like a Public Library (Like “The Egyptian Library of Alexandria” made available to all scholars of the world for example) the world will change. The lessons learned from what the Romans did to that knowledge base will not repeat as the evidence shows the destructive effects which followed. 

But, I do admit that the posturing of different regimes will delay mankind moving toward a equity in openess of knowledge. The mindset of the US and some Western influences is about domination of knowledge and resources and usage. There is a 2 other movements gaining traction in the world which could derail that. AI is one and some non-western countries seeking a more balanced equity in both posturing and use of knowledge is the other.

The knowledge war is gaining traction. I am not sure how this will emerge. And besides, I wont be around to see if it will be used beneficially to all or selfishly in practice.

In my observation (AND I know that it 'should' be wrong) the next physical World WAR will be to deny its opponent access to knowledge going forward. The words mankind will use will be to disguise what they are actually doing by using some Nationalist rhethoric hiding the true reasons. If, like the Romans, "you control knowledge, you control the world".

I hope the Western model changes. AND, I hope ownership of knowledge changes with AI and knowledge access becomes both universal and free to everyone. This means its not just controlled/owned by the rich and the powerful on this Blue Ball we all live on.

Yes, we have a long way to go to get over our human frailties. According to Nature: "We will evolve."

sonny

Post by sonny »

Privacy is probably my main concern about AI.

If I upload my completed script in PDF and ask Claude for feedbacks (what works and what doesn't etc),
I can't help but worry that it will be saved in their database even after I delete the thread/chat
(and even Claude states it will not use it for training etc etc)

If you wish to experience AI first hand, start with "Pi". It is free, unlimited, both speech & text, and versatile enough.
I use voice P#4 which, to me, sounds "sensual & flirty" (it once made my wifi flip out for calling my name :shock: ).
I have it on my Mac & iPhone. It reads scripts for me flawlessly.
You'll thank me for sharing this :D

https://pi.ai/onboarding

pi-ai2.png
pi-ai2.png (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
pi-ai.png
pi-ai.png (228.97 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hi @sonny No offense, but you keep repeating this

... If you wish to experience AI first hand ...

as if I am unaware of current AI and how its services work. I've been a user for a lot longer that you might imagine.

Your test case that you offer suggest you see the tool much much different than what I would be concerned with in my cases. Having the services help in analysis doesn't pose a thread to me in my use. I dont see my AI use as someone/something I should be afraid of. Its knowledge of my behavior with the things I do with its assistance is no threat to me as you seem to suggest.

Why would AI be a thread to me??? Many of the services you pay for build information unique to you, your evidence, your inquiry, your assistant. I offer 3 ideas for you (not that I expect you would regard anything I offer...seemingly)

• Treat your AI as your wife/spouse. You pay for it.

• Dont play games with it...there are games available better designed and suited for such

• Envision it as an extension to your knowledge; there to help you with seeing pathways to solutions with the evidence it has. Its not perfect, but its not nefarious in attempting to help.

If this helps in any way, run with it. If you can help me, "I accept".

sonny

Post by sonny »

@Clarity
I use AI in production, not in playground.
Instead of continuously paying script consultants ($100s to $1000s),
I'd rather train and make AI into a true personal script consultant.
AI is evolving, so is "prompt engineering" (training AI to work for you
exactly, consistently, and continuously the way you want), as opposed
to simply playing around with Ventoy, QEMU, Samba, etc etc.

sonny

Post by sonny »

rockedge wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:36 pm

I don't know if AI can feel empathy

Another proof that AI has EMPATHY, and that it was infused and controlled by its developers (humans).
Just witness how much this AI adores one of my protagonists that when I (the author) decided to murder him,
the AI FELT it was too cruel and impossible to continue.

proof-of-empathy.png
proof-of-empathy.png (105.58 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

Can't imagine AI being given the "Walking Dead" script, where almost every episode has a protagonist
slaughtered by zombies :D

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:01 am

IF ALL the evidence-based knowledge of the world becomes freely available to every person on the planet with all having direct access to it, there is HOPE!

Your hopefulness is admirable, it's almost endearing. But I need to ask...
Before the advent of AI, did you believe in aliens?

wizard

Post by wizard »

Evil men will use good things to do bad things

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

sonny

Post by sonny »

MOSHI: "We need to find the person and kill him..."

MOSHI: An Open Source Voice AI
A Scary AI from Kyutai
https://kyutai.org

kyutai.png
kyutai.png (31.32 KiB) Viewed 970 times

jp734

Post by jp734 »

"If all people are good, there will be no need for AI"

I feel like, good people, mostly 99% of the time, will just continue living their lives and most likely will not think of people doing bad things even though they know there are people who do bad things. It's their human nature and I truly believe in "you are what you preach". So AI will be, should I say, pointless to them. This is why I think/believe AI will mostly benefit the bad people.

The Art of Magic and The Magic of Art

sonny

Post by sonny »

@jp734

Three kinds of responses from us to AI:

1. Scared / hateful
- AI is dangerous
- AI is for evil people

2. Ignorant / denial
- WTF! (Wed, Thu, Fri) Who cares?
- Maybe not for me, in a million years

3. Welcoming
- Lemme see what it can do for me
- I'll invest my resources to find out

4. Mixture of 1 & 2

jp734

Post by jp734 »

I think it's more like
1. Scared
2. Welcoming

And I'll admit. I fall under 1. I don't hate it or at least not yet. But if things I'm afraid of start happening because of AI, then yeah, a very good possibility I'll start hating it.

Look at "X" (aka Twitter), it's a very toxic platform, for me at least. Everybody arguing. Everybody just believing what they want to believe. Not open to conversation anymore. When you ask if something posted "IS REAL", you are immediately judged as an idiot. Now, AI is just getting started and it keeps getting better and better every minute at making FAKE VIDEOS. If people will just believe what ever they see, it's scary where we'll be heading."Don't underestimate the power of suggestion"

Don't get me wrong. This is something I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

sonny

Post by sonny »

Everything is up to US (humans), whether we intend to use AI for...
or against humanity.
A knife depends on WHO is holding it...
(a killer or a cook).

jp734

Post by jp734 »

Excellent! So, we agree on that one. "It's up to us humans". And I think where we differ is who will be using it the most, bad or good? My gut feeling is the "bad ones". Am I just being too negative? Maybe. And I hope and pray I'm wrong.

jp734

Post by jp734 »

This conversation got me thinking. The best way to combat bad guys and AI is to learn AI yourself. So, those of you who are learning AI, where do you go? What do you use? Recommendation? - Thanks

sonny

Post by sonny »

@jp734

Most (if not all) AI chatbots are free (some have limitations though).

https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-ai-chatbot/

Try each of these to see which one (or two) works best for you,
and then "prompt engineer" it until you're satisfied.

I'll probably subscribe to GOOGLE ONE next month cuz the bundle
is too good to pass up for my current need.

g1plan.png
g1plan.png (66.71 KiB) Viewed 898 times
williwaw

Post by williwaw »

jp734 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:40 pm

Am I just being too negative?

I read reports that AI is heavily funded by the "defense" departments of nations at war, and utilized to analyze targets for bombing missions in Gaza. I suppose the "colleratal damage" can also be attributed to AI.

Reports of AI saving lives in other domains? not so much...

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@jp734 if you have a Google ID (gmail) AND use this thread's PM, I will send you a PM for your consideration with your permission.

Promise: It wont lead you down the wrong path. PM me if this sound like something you might consider.

BTW: Twitter??? It was restarted to be toxic so that he could observe human behavior for his AI that he is producing. There's more to the picture than has been let on in that purchase. His AI direction is going to be wild for US peoples...and the world of all of us.

Most of us cannot envision being so wealty and so powerful that we can dominate industries and ultimately our human thinking via dominant in AI. I am aware of the subtlety most miss in that single platform and its collection of behaviors with use in test-case messagings to have AI working for some specific ends. Yes, the LM fed to it and algorithms used "can" be used for means that many will not understand.

AI is not sentient. It will never be. BUT, it is good for specific tasks based upon the LM(s) provided it. That's what they are designed to do.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Clarity wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:33 am

BTW: Twitter??? It was restarted to be toxic so that he could observe human behavior for his AI that he is producing. There's more to the picture than has been let on in that purchase. His AI direction is going to be wild for US peoples...and the world of all of us.

Case in point.

Musk works for DARPA, always has, always will. DARPA designed the AI that drives social media, biometric monitoring, and digital payment infrastructure. Zuck, Dorsey, Theil, Page, Bezos, all those "entrepreneurs" are billionaires because they work for DARPA, not the other away around.

Twitter and the likes was designed from the beginning to do things like foment color revolutions. And the project proved to be monumental success! IT'S HERE!! (Just around the corner for us in the US)

Now if you are so optimistic that you believe ARPA decided to throw a D in front of the name because it changed it's focus from building weapons of war (biological, neurolgical, psychological, covert, etc...) to simply acting in our defense, for our safety, and the good of mankind...

then as they say in the south, "Bless your heart."

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hey @geo_c and others: Why are you assuming you KNOW what I believe? I am offering ideas for consumption, just in case its being missed. You (figuratively speaking) may not LIKE the idea, may feel powerless to influence the idea, may see the idea as impossible...yet, its an idea that if more of us took to heart, a movement just might erupt without WAR to put us on track.

If we, human, continue to dismiss that we are not willing to put in the work for change, it wont happen. I was around with one of the 2 corporations that built and supported ARPA. So your inferences, are targeting...yes, but you miss the point.

Dont like the direction that technology is being used for, help in changing your country's and its corporations' behavior for mankind's beneficial usage of it.

Dreamers CAN, on rare occasions, create environments for positive change.

I will share this with all: AI as it is called did NOT start from Defense Department initiatives (US). It started with some of us in a think tank environment. It wasn't even on their radar for few years until ...

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:08 am

I was around with one of the 2 corporations that built and supported ARPA. So your inferences, are targeting...yes, but you miss the point...............
I will share this with all: AI as it is called did NOT start from Defense Department initiatives (US). It started with some of us in a think tank environment. It wasn't even on their radar for few years until ...

Who was funding that think tank?

Last edited by williwaw on Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@williwaw
Just like WE, Linux users, know of 'Open Source' (which came on the scene around 1992 as a 'thing') and how projects are done (similar to the KL series of distros on this PLDF), ideas begin life as proof-of-concept.

AI: Not sure how you are wanting to look at this?

Share your view(s) on this to help others see what you're driving at. If the interest is pointing fingers, I am not the person to point at.

AI is already here!

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:53 am

@williwaw
Just like WE, Linux users, know of 'Open Source' (which came on the scene around 1992 as a 'thing') and how projects are done (similar to the KL series of distros on this PLDF), ideas begin life as proof-of-concept.

AI: Not sure how you are wanting to look at this?

Share your view(s) on this to help others see what you're driving at.

Sometimes it's informative to follow the money. Its a simple question.
Who was funding the think tank you were a part of?

Return to “Security”