Updated pmcputemp v0.9h

Moderator: Forum moderators

ozsouth

Updated pmcputemp v0.9h

Post by ozsouth »

Bookwormpup10.0.7 has been released (has a new Debian 12 base) & not only does the taskbar thermometer not change for me, but locating the correct file to display cpu temp is now obscure. Instead of a matching label (to the input number) we just have 'name' file. All my previous cputemp programs will now fail with this pup. Need a more generic way to do this. So, this program searches hwmon0 -> hwmon7 folders & within them temp0_input -> temp7_input, finds the highest temp & displays that location ever after. Not ideal, but at least it's a guide. If unhappy with auto-selection (i.e. temp doesn't change), can delete
/root/.config/pmcputemp/pmcputemprc , allowing re-detection - may need to do this later if PC was very cold upon .pet install.
Tested OK in s15pup64-240706 & BookwormPup64-10.0.7. Need to restart X after install to activate. Use at own risk.

Attachments
pmcputemp-0.9h.pet
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by ozsouth on Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
BarryK

Re: Updated pmcputemp v0.9h

Post by BarryK »

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@BarryK - thanks for that. Unfortunately, the location just shows the static 25C. That's been my problem for years, on different PCs. Now that Debian 12 has a different format again, I chose to make the location in /sys/class/hwmon & check dozens of combinations for a sensible temperature. It was fine before this, just had to match tempX_label with tempX_input. Hence my rough approach above.

Tahrbaby

Post by Tahrbaby »

ozsouth wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:49 am

Bookwormpup10.0.7 has been released & not only does the taskbar thermometer not change for me, but locating the correct file to display cpu temp is obscure. Instead of a matching label (to the input number) we just have 'name' file. All my previous cputemp programs will now fail with this pup. Need a more generic way to do this. So, this program searches hwmon0 -> hwmon7 folders & within them temp0_input -> temp7_input, finds the highest temp & displays that location ever after. Not ideal, but at least it's a guide. If unhappy with auto-selection, can manually edit /root/.config/pmcputemp/pmcputemprc.
Tested OK in s15pup64-240706 & BookwormPup64-10.0.7. Need to restart X after install to activate. Use at own risk.

Thanks for the updated pmcputemp @ozsouth

Was hoping it would fix the current problem I have whilst running in Bookworm 10.0.6 but no such luck yet.
I have the cpu temp icon in the taskbar at boot and it displays the correct temperature fine.
The problem I see is,the icon vanishes after around 30 minutes of runtime and I have to restart it from the startup directory to run for another 30 minutes or so.
This is on an AMD laptop.

TIA for any ideas?

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@Tahrbaby - is your problem happening in the standard BookwormPup64, or after my .pet is installed? I'm using a very different method to radky's, so they shouldn't clash.

Tahrbaby

Post by Tahrbaby »

ozsouth wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:15 am

@Tahrbaby - is your problem happening in the standard BookwormPup64, or after my .pet is installed? I'm using a very different method to radky's, so they shouldn't clash.

Yes Sir @ozsouth .indeed it was occurring in the standard BokwormPup64 and nothing to do with your latest version.

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

For BookwormPup64 ONLY, I made a reverse version of gatotray - see: viewtopic.php?p=126095#p126095

Return to “Utilities”