gxkb switching layouts?

Moderator: BarryK

deepforest

gxkb switching layouts?

Post by deepforest »

next question sorry :)
i setup gxkb its working good
but every reboot i cant switch between my two layouts, not from Alt+Shift, not from clicking mouse over gxkb try icon.
its starting switching if i am go to EasyOS setup keyboard and apply settings again

Caramel

Re: gxkb switching layouts?

Post by Caramel »

For a test, i recently switched between fr and sp layouts in Easy 6.0.2 with the key combination Win+ Space

Keyboard section of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev-puppy.conf :

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
MatchIsKeyboard "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "evdev"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105" #xkbmodel0
Option "XkbLayout" "fr,es" #xkeymap0
#Option "XkbVariant" "" #xkbvariant0
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:win_space_toggle"
EndSection

I just installed gxkbd with PKGget in this Easy 6.0.2
The switch by click on flag icon works. The key combination Win+ Space works too (but not Alt+Shift)

Edit: just after reboot and the launch of gxkb the flag icon in the tray not change by clicking. But after opening of a terminal it reacts.

Edit2 : It seems that the switch start working after the launch of a application

Grey

Re: gxkb switching layouts?

Post by Grey »

This is an old known problem (gxkb in conjunction with any version of Puppy). The best way is to install gxkb as the first program after you start using the OS. Then restart the machine and check how everything works. Then install everything else.

The author is from Ukraine (he removed the flags of some countries from the program, which now need to be added manually). Therefore, it is unknown whether something will be done in this direction. In addition, it may be necessary to make changes in the OS, and not in the program.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “EasyOS”