6.9.7-rt5 & 6.9.4-rt5 aufs overlay non-usrmerge (aon)

Moderator: Forum moderators

stemsee

6.9.7-rt5 & 6.9.4-rt5 aufs overlay non-usrmerge (aon)

Post by stemsee »

just built this kernel 6.9.4-rt5, it is rt patched but not a fully preemptible realtime kernel, it is the next option down, tweakable automatic preemption. Overlay and aufs, non-usrmerge. Built with SUKK, but userspace aufs utils added manually post compile. I noticed in during make menuconfig a lot more ChromeOS hardware options, and I am on an Acer 714 (not spin), touchscreen (raydium), intel sst kabylake chipset, chromebook. And the difference is positively sporty. It seems to be 30% faster! I will have to do some benchmarks to make sure I am not exaggerating, against the previous 5.2.21-rt15 kernel I have been running for years. There are two new problems though: 1) the intel wifi card is being blocked by some module. 2) the SST soundcard is also being blocked by some other module. This was also the case with the previous kernel but I knew which modules to blacklist. So I will use my new usbc headset with latest 384khz conexant cx31993HiFi codec and amp chip on board, which sounds great. Also I will just use usbc tethering with the phone until I discover which modules to blacklist.

EDIT: wifi problem was simply missing firmware.

Last edited by stemsee on Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
bigpup

Re: 6.9.4-rt5

Post by bigpup »

Do you have a download link for this kernel you made?

If not provided, this is not the place to just talk about it.

Additional Software section is for topics, that provide software, to download and use.

The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

stemsee

6.9.7-rt5 aon

Post by stemsee »

6.9.7-rt5 aon (a=aufs, o=overlay, n=non-usrmerge, u=usrmerge) so possibilities are aon, aou, an, on, au, ou !

I have compiled this on fatdog64-902, for intel hardware, specifically ChromeOS hardware with the EC chip and kabylake (kbl) chipset. But should be good for most intel hardware. Very reduced number of drivers outside of intel ....

It's running very well. SysBench CPU multi-thread gives a score of 5468.66 .... but that is a peak performance test. In use the average performance is much better, which is more useful.

Huge package
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aXLU8M ... NM-yzChP2E

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

bigpup wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:07 pm

Additional Software section is for topics, that provide software, to download and use.

@bigpup was it you changing the wordings of my posts? Why are you such an interfering immature nuisance? Compile your own kernels and write your own posts about it .... stop hijacking mine!

Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

stemsee wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:08 am
bigpup wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:07 pm

@bigpup was it you changing the wordings of my posts? Why are you such an interfering immature nuisance? Compile your own kernels and write your own posts about it .... stop hijacking mine!

??? What??? Read this thread in its ENTIRETY...then apologize!
Wiz

Signature available upon request

stemsee

Re: 6.9.7-rt5 & 6.9.4-rt5 aufs overlay non-usrmerge (aon)

Post by stemsee »

apologise for what exactly?

I know how i titled my post, therefore I know how it was changed! Mind your own business@Wiz57!

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

@rockedge please delete my account along with my and any related data including my posts. Cheers :thumbup2:

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

I think you are over-reacting Stemsee, moderators have good intentions and do the best they can (ok, sometimes overdo).
Btw, it seems to me that it wasn't bigpup that changed the title of your first post (from reading here: viewtopic.php?p=124891#p124891).

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@stemsee If I had any feelings at all left, they are hurt now. What is the exact problem? Why do you get to quit and I don't? Get 50X more pressure because of the differences of languages around here and now this. Is this because the title of the topic changed? What??????????????

Somebody better explain to me why and what is going on here! I had for a moment something other than this to do and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

This is now very stressful and I really don't have any reason to delete anything UNTIL SOMEONE EXPLAINS.

I am not chasing any posts and threads. I expect answers. Until then NO DELETIONS.

You will really need to convince me.....my proven track record is I don't delete data or code that easily. Legally I do not have too. So please take your time and explain why I should.

Germany lost yesterday....the handball in front of the goal not called.......so my mood is :(

Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

rockedge wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:10 pm

@stemsee If I had any feelings at all left, they are hurt now. What is the exact problem? Why do you get to quit and I don't? Get 50X more pressure because of the differences of languages around here and now this. Is this because the title of the topic changed? What??????????????

Somebody better explain to me why and what is going on here! I had for a moment something other than this to do and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

This is now very stressful and I really don't have any reason to delete anything UNTIL SOMEONE EXPLAINS.

I am not chasing any posts and threads. I expect answers. Until then NO DELETIONS.

You will really need to convince me.....my proven track record is I don't delete data or code that easily. Legally I do not have too. So please take your time and explain why I should.

Germany lost yesterday....the handball in front of the goal not called.......so my mood is :(

I've tried several times to explain to stemsee that it wasn't bigpup that changed the title of this topic, but me, as I posted in this thread
viewtopic.php?p=124891

My post in particular...
"Re: Arbitrary Harrasment by Bigpup
Post by Wiz57 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:25 pm

Darn! Although bigpup did post on the thread, it was ME that "merged" the two topics into ONE! I feel it benefits stemsee and bigpup to have the
two topics in ONE spot, that way stemsee's kernel is located in the topic it was announced on. NOTE...the combined topics are still in the "kernels"
section, just combined into one. The only oddity is that the post with the download link was made prior to stemsee's reply to bigpup, so the
download link is mentioned BEFORE stemsee's reply now.
If you feel the need to blame someone, blame me. Just trying to keep things organized.
As an aside, other mods and admins SHOULD check the MCP (Moderators Control Panel) prior to making comments, could avoid inadvertantly
assigning blame to someone else.
Furthermore, bigpup DID NOT threaten to move the post in question, which is here...read it before making judgement.
viewtopic.php?t=12048
I've also edited the title, to indicate that updates are available, and credited to stemsee.
Apologies for inconvenience.
Wiz"

However, stemsee appears to have some sort of grudge against bigpup in particular. In the interim, stemsee has changed the title of this thread,
which is fine, no problem. It's his topic, call it what he wants within reason. But, the attacks on bigpup MUST CEASE.
Wiz

Signature available upon request

ally

Post by ally »

just my two cents

other forums I patronise, the named moderator explains the changes and why removing ambiguity and there has never been any difficulties because of this

just an idea

:)

Return to “Kernels”