Puppy Linux YouTube Channel

RSH

Puppy Linux YouTube Channel

Post by RSH »

Hi.

I was searching YouTube for a channel about Puppy Linux. But I could find different channels only on different Linux Systems. Nothing exclusively for a specific Linux version.

So, I was thinking about how to have our own Puppy Linux channel?

Developers, who makes short or longer videos to introduce their Puppy / Dog / Kennel Linux versions uploaded to one single YouTube channel. Perhaps this could gain more users and make Puppy / Dog / Kennel Linux attractive for a large number of interested users?

Could this be of any interest to the Forum Members and Developers?

What do you think...

My OS: ArtStudio64 - a Woof-CE built from Bionic 18.04
Running in RAM only, no save file, no save folder
www.youtube.com/@RainerSteffenHain

wiak

Re: Puppy Linux YouTube Channel

Post by wiak »

RSH wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:08 am

Hi.

I was searching YouTube for a channel about Puppy Linux. But I could find different channels only on different Linux Systems. Nothing exclusively for a specific Linux version.

So, I was thinking about how to have our own Puppy Linux channel?

Developers, who makes short or longer videos to introduce their Puppy / Dog / Kennel Linux versions uploaded to one single YouTube channel. Perhaps this could gain more users and make Puppy / Dog / Kennel Linux attractive for a large number of interested users?

Could this be of any interest to the Forum Members and Developers?

What do you think...

Good idea

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

RSH

Post by RSH »

Hmm.

Thanks for Good idea and also hitting the Thank you button.

Though, I had expected a little more on this. First I have overseen, that there's also EasyOS and FatDog on the forum. So, I think everything available in the forum should be covered by such YouTube channel.

So, this would be:

Puppy
Dog
Kennel
Easy
Fatdog

This makes it little harder to find a well-fitting name for the channel. Except the use of:

Puppy Linux Forum Channel

If a well-fitting name was established, we have to find answers on some questions in parallel.

1. Are developers willing and able to do videos of their Puppies etc.pp?
2. Do developers have options to upload videos?
This would be needed to download these videos for uploading to the channel.
I think it's not possible to give all the developers access to the channel to upload videos.
If I'm wrong on this, correct me.
3. Who shall be the owner of the channel and maintaining it constantly?
4. A short set of rules to be established to avoid abuse of the channel for e.g. political issues etc.
Just to make sure the channel is about the Puppies etc. only.

Any thoughts on this?

As a side note, I would be willing to create, own and maintain the channel. But I definitely don't want to push myself into the foreground or put myself at the top. It's just a suggestion.

I have three (3) videos locally available to upload when the channel is started. The first one is about the very first LazY Puppy and was made from SneekyLinux. The 2nd one is about LazY Puppy 2.0.2 and was created by myself. The 3rd one is about Bionic Puppy 64 8.0 and was made by its developer - can't recall his user name atm.

I think the first LazY Puppy may be a little too long ago. But the video of LazY Puppy 2.0.2 could be used, since -I checked this already- the LazY Puppy Repository at smokey01.com is still existing. The video of Bionic Puppy is definitely worth to upload. I was very impressed, when I saw it the first time! :thumbup:
And it is still in use by people.

wiak

Post by wiak »

I think it is a good idea tor someone to take charge of doing such work. I don't myself have time to contribute right now but hopefully other more prolific KL builders would.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

peebee

Post by peebee »

Builder of LxPups, SPups, UPup32s, VoidPups; LXDE, LXQt, Xfce addons; Chromium, Firefox etc. sfs; & Kernels

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

As y'all are aware, I've been producing odd video-tutorials, or short clips to illustrate stuff for some years (I've had a YouTube channel since around 2017). However; since I'm NOT a developer - and it seems that's what this thread is specifically about - there's no point MY attempting to contribute here.

But it's a good idea, nonetheless. Advertising usually pays off - eventually! - and we have a generation that have grown up with a relatively short attention-span, used to everything in small, easy-to-digest "bites". So short demo/introductory videos should certainly help, though making such is not in everybody's 'skill-set'....

Mike. ;)

RSH

Post by RSH »

peebee wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:05 am

LxPup channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@lxpup9331

Thanks!

I have subscribed to the channel, so it is visible under the subscriptions in my channel.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”