HDSentinel GUI - multiarch, in 'portable' format

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

HDSentinel GUI - multiarch, in 'portable' format

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, gang.

Following mention of HDSentinel GUI in the Kennel Linux section, I thought I'd upgrade my original, binaries-only package which has been up on MediaFire for the last couple of years.

HDSentinel GUI is a friendly interface, written in Perl, applied to the original CLI-only HDSentinel. It doesn't try to be as comprehensive as something like, say, gSmartCtl.....but what necessary info it does display is in a far more "friendly" layout. A generally handy utility for just keeping an eye on things......and packed as a ROX-app for ease of use.

When it launches, you'll get asked for a password. For us, all we need to enter is "root". Both arches of binaries are included; when it fires-up, the launcher detects the architecture in use & executes the appropriate pair, so this CAN be shared between multiple Puppies of many sorts.

When finished, File -> Exit.......because the window doesn't have any buttons!

(The dark interface is due to the theme in use here. If you have a light theme, it'll show that way....)

You can find it here, if interested:-

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v1fiki ... +'portable'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always:-

• Download

• Unzip

• Put the utility anywhere you like, though outside the 'save' IS better, of course

• Click on it to run!

Scripts within will add/remove a tray-icon 'launcher', if required. Rt-clk -> 'Look inside...' to access these. It puts a script into /root/Startup which runs to add the launcher at boot.

Hope it's useful for some of you. Enjoy.

Mike. ;)

Return to “System”