Brightness and tint settings not automatic on reboot

Moderator: BarryK

OldMan

Brightness and tint settings not automatic on reboot

Post by OldMan »

Upon rebooting my previous Brightness and Tint settings are not applied until I actually click on the tray icon. Is there are way to have these settings apply during the boot process?

Caramel

Re: Brightness and tint settings not automatic on reboot

Post by Caramel »

Same thing for me.

I have installed Dcontrol (viewtopic.php?p=106439)

[ Remark for @BarryK : dcontrol is not installed in Easy 5.7 but it is called in EasySetup (Hardware, Screenbrightness)]

Again the settings are not applied at boot.

What worked :
In display control, I have chosen the settings with the sct interface (button at bootom left to toogle beetween xrand and sct interfaces)

Screenshot(3).png
Screenshot(3).png (31.37 KiB) Viewed 167 times

A executable script display-sct was created in /root/Startup:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
	sct 6500 .67

I made a copy of this file (still in /root/Startup) that was modified by the addition of a sleep command

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
	sct 6500 .67

(10 seconds of sleep is probably too much but my PC is slow)

At the reboot the settings are applied after several seconds.

Federico

Re: Brightness and tint settings not automatic on reboot

Post by Federico »

As far as I know (been using EasyOS since Buster), these have never worked. These settings have never been automatic (and were probably never meant to be automatic): one must set them every time the system boots, but that doesn't require more than 1 or 2 seconds. It is so fast that it became an automatism for me.
It would be nice to have them also automated, but it probably depends on the functioning of the JWM window manager and the way it interacts with the X server.

Desktop PC
Case: Sharkoon S25-W MB: Asus Rog Strix B550-A PSU: XFX Pro 750W CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X @ 4.6 GHz RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz Heatsink: Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B VGA: Asus Tuf RTX 3080 12 GB OC

Laptop PC: Asus Zenbook UX325E

Return to “EasyOS”