Are there any cryptocurrency wallet apps I can use on Puppy Linux?

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

r96chase

Are there any cryptocurrency wallet apps I can use on Puppy Linux?

Post by r96chase »

Hi, guys. It's been awhile. Hope you are doing well.

Anyway, dogecoin has been generating a lot of steam lately and I'm thinking of taking a risk and jumping in. However, I need to set up a crypto-wallet app first.

I'm not gonna mine dogecoin or anything like that, but I do need something so I can hold on to when I get it.

To put it simply, are there any cryptocurrency apps for Puppy Linux? Or do I have to install an Ubuntu wallet app and get my hands dirty so it can run?

Running BionicPup64 btw.

Sincerely,
Chase E.

I am a crash-course Linux novice. :lol:

666philb

Re: Are there any cryptocurrency wallet apps I can use on Puppy Linux?

Post by 666philb »

hi @r96chase ,
there's atomic wallet https://atomicwallet.io/
pet here http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... x86_64.pet

note that you need to run atomic with --no-sandbox option & the pet already does this.

r96chase

Post by r96chase »

@666philb
Does the PET work with BionicPup64? Because I notice that it's listed in the FossaPup64 repo and stuff?

Thanks for answering btw. <3

666philb

Post by 666philb »

not tried but should do.

edit: yes just tried and it fires up

r96chase

Post by r96chase »

@666philb

Thank you so much. Really. Now I'll be able to try and get some doge so I can hold on to it for the foreseeable future.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

binance has chrome wallet extension. I bought some dogecoin at $0.000025 i think.

joshua98

Post by joshua98 »

Hi Guys, what you think about this project Neptune Mutual. I read a lot about it but still wondering whether its a good decision to put $1000 into it or not.

sonny

Post by sonny »

1. Electrum
2. Exodus
3. Wasabi

sonny

Post by sonny »

joshua98 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:54 am

Hi Guys, what you think about this project Neptune Mutual. I read a lot about it but still wondering whether its a good decision to put $1000 into it or not.

Josh, you might want to reach out to Mr. Warith. This gentleman is a very resourceful and helpful person.
Mr. Warith is the one behind Linux Kodachi.

https://www.digi77.com/about-us/

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

joshua98 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:54 am

"Stick to cards & dice. Everything else is gambling," Damon Runyan. Less well known is Mike "Pitcher" Barron. Or I think that was the name of the author of a book named (I think) 'A Professional Gambler Tells All'*. My lasting take-away from that book was the adage "Leave the bread money home." Meaning, never bet what you can't afford to loose. That means not one cent more. The psychological effects of having lost even a little are (a) the compulsion to recover; (b) the fear that you won't; which combine to (c) loss of the analytic ability to properly evaluate risk vs reward.

From time to time people come up with new variations on the 'old' get rich scheme. As far as I know the first recorded one was The Tulip Bubble of the 1600s. They all have these elements in common: "Everybody but me is getting richer. So I want in." And they all burst when enough people asks "What's it really worth?" Those who create the scheme and those who get out before that question is asked profit. No one else.

Everything is a commodity, including 'the Almighty Buck'. Nothing has absolute value; everything has value only by comparison with other things. But there is one differentiating factor. Although a Sovereign can default on its promises, even a democracy in which a substantial number of people have a distorted view of freedom, if push comes to shove and a consensus is reached a Sovereign can conscript every man, women and child to accomplish that which is necessary to preserve the nation even if that 'that' is just the ability to make international purchases. Money is the promise by a Sovereign. Crypto-currencies are something else.

Money serves a social purpose, that of facilitating the exchange of goods and services. And a national currency serves a national purpose facilitating such exchanges within that nation and between that nation and other nations and their citizens and subjects. But what social purpose is served by Crypto-currencies? That is, beyond the purchase of unlawful goods and services?
How much would any unit of any species of Crypto-currency be worth if your nation or a group of nations, of which your nation was one, prohibited the conversion of crypto-currencies into national currencies, or treated such as the sale of a commodity taxable at the rate of 90% (exclusive of bank fees) requiring banks to report such transactions and collect such taxes?

It's your money. How much are you willing to trade for 'What's behind door number 2?"
-=-=-=-=-
It's been over 50 years. But, there's a good chance this is the book. https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Gam ... B00118U744. Says something about the importance of "branding".

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@r96chase :-

Just in case you're still looking for a crypto wallet, there's this:-

Coinomi

Java-based, it's completely self-contained. D/l; unzip; go into the Coinomi directory & just click on the Coinomi binary.

Quite complex; you have to type out a 30-word recovery phrase and confirm you've saved it. You then have to click on these words in the correct order in the next step. Then you have to create a password & confirm by re-typing. Only then can you enter the app itself.

Every time you want to use it, you have to manually type out this recovery phrase in full again. It won't LET you copy/paste!

I'm assuming this is cloud-based, somehow. I cannot find a config file created anywhere; perhaps this is normal for these things.

It seems to fire-up in all 64-bit Pups.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

addieli

Post by addieli »

Do u trade bitcoin? check this article, it is interesting to read https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/top-pre ... ation.html

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

Crypto is POPULAR

Attachments
solana-christmas-2021b.png
solana-christmas-2021b.png (70.37 KiB) Viewed 8290 times

On the Whiz-Neophyte Bridge
Linux Über Alles
Disclaimer: You may not be reading my words as posted.

Trapster

Post by Trapster »

I use the Jaxx wallet

some1

Post by some1 »

...a year later...in the red...

Christmas_2022_SOL_1Y.png
Christmas_2022_SOL_1Y.png (72.52 KiB) Viewed 6627 times
Bizarreamid

Post by Bizarreamid »

Good to hear from you. If you're looking for a cryptocurrency wallet app for Puppy Linux, you might have to do a bit of tinkering. While there aren't many wallet options specifically designed for Puppy Linux, you can try using an Ubuntu wallet app and running it on your BionicPup64 setup.

Return to “Users”