EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app - Solved

Moderator: BarryK

kamemo

EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app - Solved

Post by kamemo »

With EasyOS 5.4.8 I installed the Chrome Browser with Flapi and Flathub. This was a customized installation and worked good.
After that, I noticed the update to 5.4.9 and installed that too. Reboot and all was fine.
But then I tried to make a custom installation with the Tor Browser Launcher in Flapi. I filled in the data like before with Chrome. Flapi opened the correct website in the browser, I clicked okay and went on. But when the Flapi app came back, I did not find the Tor Browser Launcher in the apps and I could not install it. I tried this with several other apps from Flathub with the same result – no installation.

Next, I tried to install Spotify, which has a predefined entry in Flapi. This worked well.
At last, I started a terminal and made a manual flatpak installation with the Tor Browser Launcher. This worked without problems. The Tor Browser runs pretty well, I commented out the lines in the startup-script for the “non-root-user” and all is fine.

It seems, that Flatpak itself works normal. But Flapi only worked with the predefined apps without any customization. That is no issue for me. I often work with the terminal and I like it. Flapi is not important for me.

I really don't know why this happened in Flapi. There was nothing changed in my system between the update and the next try with Flapi.

Last edited by kamemo on Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caramel

Re: EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app

Post by Caramel »

kamemo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:41 pm

I tried to make a custom installation with the Tor Browser Launcher in Flapi. I filled in the data like before with Chrome. Flapi opened the correct website in the browser, I clicked okay and went on. But when the Flapi app came back, I did not find the Tor Browser Launcher in the apps and I could not install it.

In Easy updated to 5.4.9, I tried the custom installation of the Tor Browser Launcher. The app does not appear in the Flapi window. I then tried with the Lagrange gemini browser (that i was tried before), the app is in the lists in Flapi.
So i have looked in /tmp while retrying the custom installation of the Tor Browser Bundle. The temporary icon was named "tor" instead of "tor browser bundle128.png" (the temporary icon for Lagrange was lagrange128.png)

So i retried in naming the app "Tor-Browser-Bundle" instead of "Tor Browser Bundle" (I have removed the whitespaces). Good icon this time and a file was created in /usr/local/flatpak/custom. But no entry in the Flapi Window.

New try with the name "TorBrowserBundle" and this time there is an entry in Flapi.

kamemo

Re: EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app

Post by kamemo »

Thanks a lot! @Caramel That is the solution.
A space in the app name leads to this issue. I installed “Texmaker”, again a custom installation, without any problems now.
There was no issue between EasyOS 5.4.8 and 5.4.9. It was only in Flapi a little space between the letters in the app name. A minimal mistake, but a big issue.
:thumbup:

- Solved -

BarryK

Re: EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app - Solved

Post by BarryK »

Guys, thanks for finding this bug.

Fixed:
https://bkhome.org/news/202308/flapi-in ... ected.html

Skies

Re: EasyOS 5.4.9 - Flapi does not install a custom app - Solved

Post by Skies »

Great find :thumbup:
GB WhatsApp
I was so annoying as i was doing everything right and still facing the errors. And that turned out be just a space. Thanks guys.

Return to “EasyOS”