Donation Button is Now Active

Ideas and discussion

rockedge
Site Admin

Donation Button is Now Active

Post by rockedge »

The donation system has been enabled! The button is next to "Quick Links" in the nav bar.

Please consider making a small donation towards the costs of operating the Puppy Linux Discussion Forum.

We are using PayPal for the fund drive and several easy methods of payment are provided.

Thank you everyone for the consideration, and interest in a strong Puppy Linux Community Forum.

The Administration.

Screenshot(32).png
Screenshot(32).png (217.71 KiB) Viewed 383 times

It has been reported that depending on the language the forum is set to use, that the link in the nav bar may not appear. In this case please use the link until I fix it.
donate

taersh

Re: Donation Button is Now Active

Post by taersh »

Even after emptying the cache the main page doesn't show all those links from your screen shot.
Also, there's no difference between being logged on or not being logged on.
I just don't get those links.

Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (60.76 KiB) Viewed 375 times

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@taersh

Good catch! This is happening because of the language locale files. It seems that the word "Donation" is not included so it will not appear. At least that is what I think is happening. I will see how to fix it!

For now see if you can use the link -> donate

taersh

Post by taersh »

I'm not sure that it is language related, as the DE interface appears only after being logged on to the forum.
After logging out or before logging in the interface is EN - though, the links aren't there...

Right now, while doing this post, when I'm trying to use the link it returns a message:

Sie haben keine Berechtigung, diesen Bereich zu betreten.

My Music:

tosim

Post by tosim »

The Donate link is not there, even after reloading page 3different times. Also, I clicked both of those DONATE links further down this thread, and they do not work. BTW-Language is American English.

pup.png
pup.png (27.67 KiB) Viewed 365 times
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@taersh @tosim

You are correct. Not a language file issue, but a permissions one. I never enabled the correct permissions for Registered Users and Guests until now.

The link and pages should work now as expected!

tosim

Post by tosim »

Yes, it is now working, and I have used it!

taersh

Post by taersh »

Yes, I can see the link now as well.
Though, trying to do a donation not succeeded.
I don't have Paypal, I don't own a credit card and I don't do online banking.

So, any chance for additional ways to donate like transfer from bank account to bank account?

My Music:

wanderer

Post by wanderer »

worked for me

keep the faith

wanderer

baldronicus

Post by baldronicus »

Hi @rockedge . Thanks for making the donation option available. My attempt failed (but from the Paypal processing side, not the forum software), although that is not surprising since Paypal and I don't seem to have a working relationship at present. I might try to organise another card to see if that is the problem (given that the Paypal message just indicates that there was a problem, but doesn't give any clues as to what it might be, just try later).

Failing the above, would payment by Western Union, or some other means, be acceptable? I haven't used their services before, so don't know what costs (and information) would be involved. I also get that you may not want too many complications, but thought I might ask.

EDIT- I checked a Western Union brochure from Australia Post (they are a Western Union agent). If it is acceptable and it does come down to that, then I would need to be able to provide them with the receiver's First Name, Middle name (if it is shown on the ID the receiver would be providing), Last Name and address, ZIP code etc.. If picking up cash from a Western Union agent then ID and knowledge of the transfer would be needed (I would need to send some info from the receipt for the payment made here). I don't know if one of their agents would be near you, or if using that option would be convenient. More info would, of course, be needed if you preferred payment to a bank account (being a bit on the paranoid side I would hope that you wouldn't want to go down that path).

Thanks.

Last edited by baldronicus on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Well, it's about time. I know you're not shy about a lot of things, Erik, but you've taken your own sweet time over this....

Didn't you think we meant what we said, months ago? :roll: :lol:

(You should have received the first of a semi-regular series of small donations, mate. Hope it helps.)

Mike. :thumbup: ;)

Marv

Post by Marv »

Simple, straightforward, and works.

Thanks,

My pups: LxPupSc64 and Voidpup64 with LXDE ydrv & synaptics touchpad drivers, both using savefiles. Ydrv based NoblePup64 (JWM & LXDE), Bookworm64 & Fossapup64-mid/mini (LXDE/PCManFM). No savefiles, no fdrvs there. :thumbup:

Return to “Forum Organization & Structure Council”