XBPS Compiled on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

XBPS Compiled on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Post by rockedge »

While working on cleaning up, consolidating and generally trying to get all the .xbps packages that are needed by the PLUG files to put the polish on KLV-Airedale and KLV-Spectr built from FIrstRib build script + PLUG to produce a production ready KLV root file system, it became apparent that since I do most of the work on KLV with a Puppy Linux F96-CE_4, the final creation of the finished .xbps package had to be done on a KLV! That means a SAMBA or FTP file transfer around the LAN. So I wondered this morning what if I compile the Void Linux XBPS package manager in a F96-CE_4..........

I have done this before and did manage it install a Void Linux package in F96-CE_4 in earlier experiments...but this is with a lot of hand holding and then the problem that the PPM and pkg have no idea what xbps is doing or done and vice versa.

But here I just want to see if I can create .xbps packages from directory alongside PET packages using a F96-CE_4. I have doubts that it will work as envisioned but the weather here is rainy and cold so no work in the garden so.........I'm giving it tryout. :ugeek:

Step one, it works........

Screenshot(8).jpg
Screenshot(8).jpg (91.72 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Download xbps-0.60.pet

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: XBPS Compiled on F96-CE_4 for .xbps Package Building

Post by rockedge »

Success on the first attempt! :thumbup2:

set up a right-click option on Rox-filer to select the dir2xbps script borrowed from KLV, and then tested with directory agetty-autologin-tty1-1.0_1

Screenshot(10).jpg
Screenshot(10).jpg (58.88 KiB) Viewed 131 times

Return to “Users”