xampp/lampp squashfs for Linux amd64 +i386

Moderator: Forum moderators

trister

xampp/lampp squashfs for Linux amd64 +i386

Post by trister »

Xampp for 64bit & 32bit - older versions

xampp-linux-x64-7.3.10-0_190331a.squashfs https://1fichier.com/?rchvn01rbp23eppgiucr (64bit file temporary down try older version instead : xampp-linux-x64-7.3.3-1_190331a.squashfs https://1fichier.com/?mk31y4af6aqe0te3hilw )
xampp-linux-x86_7.0.8-0_160628.squashfs https://1fichier.com/?1a6cja940l41fmehgwpd
Rename squashfs to SFS

Note: xampp public folder in in /opt/lampp/htdocs

Last edited by trister on Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike_EDD

Re: xampp/lampp squashfs for Linux amd64 +i386

Post by Mike_EDD »

First link don't work :!:

norgo

Post by norgo »

xampp version 8.0.12

xampp-8.0.12-x86_64.sfs

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I am experimenting with the XAMPP sfs loading it at boot in a WDL-Void-xfce4-rc5 distro built using wiak's build scripts. I simply add it to the WeeDog frugal directory and renaming it to allow the initrd to load it.

Screenshot_2021-11-14_09-56-01.png
Screenshot_2021-11-14_09-56-01.png (33.5 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

I'm interested in seeing how it works in this application. I've had great success with XAMPP since around version 1.4 in various Puppy's. This test is to check the advantages over a package manager installation in Void Linux based distro's.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

It works! I booted WeeDog using copy2ram option which loads all additional SFS files into RAM.
I did have to create a user "www-data" and modify the Apache2 config to reflect that. phpmyadmin also works and all systems start and stop from he control panel. I couldn't get Apache to start with the stock user "daemon" even though the system user exists. Just adding a dedicated web server user ("www-data" worked right away)
Here it is running on WDL-Void-xfce4-rc5:

Screenshot_2021-11-14_15-31-34.png
Screenshot_2021-11-14_15-31-34.png (121.57 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
Screenshot_2021-11-14_10-17-13.png
Screenshot_2021-11-14_10-17-13.png (97.79 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

@wiak I used w_copy2ram in the boot stanza and here is the RAM report:

Screenshot_2021-11-14_10-29-01.png
Screenshot_2021-11-14_10-29-01.png (43.8 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

norgo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:37 am

xampp version 8.0.12

xampp-8.0.12-x86_64.sfs

Thank you @norgo for this xampp-8.0.12-x86_64.sfs. It really helped me to create a working, portable webserver, quickly, for the sake of my open source project users. I also described about it in a topic here : viewtopic.php?p=114079

Could you kindly list out the steps that you took to create this SFS file ? This will help us for future upgrades to this sfs file. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nathan S.R.

nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

nathan-sr wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 am
norgo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:37 am

xampp version 8.0.12

xampp-8.0.12-x86_64.sfs

Thank you @norgo for this xampp-8.0.12-x86_64.sfs. It really helped me to create a working, portable webserver, quickly, for the sake of my open source project users. I also described about it in a topic here : viewtopic.php?p=114079

Could you kindly list out the steps that you took to create this SFS file ? This will help us for future upgrades to this sfs file. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Nathan S.R.

Hi @rockedge , seems like norgo is offline. Would you be able to list out the steps that he would have taken to create this SFS file ( inclusive of the XAMPP Control Panel Program ) ? This will help us for future upgrades to this sfs file. Thanks.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@nathan-sr There are several ways to produce a XAMPP SFS package, this is an easy way.
I used a Puppy Linux F96-CE_4 for the following assembly work:

To build an XAMPP SFS start by installing the version you want to the default location /opt

create a work directory /root/Build
create a directory /root/Build/xampp-8.2.12
create a directory /root/Build/xampp-8.2.12/opt

copy the entire installed /opt/lampp directory to /root/Build/xampp-8.2.12/opt/lampp
So now the XAMPP installation is copied and is ready in /root/Build/xampp-8.2.12/opt/lampp, next step is pack the SFS

Open the program Menu->Utility->PackIt and select /root/Build/xampp-8.2.12 to pack as an SFS.

Screenshot(28).jpg
Screenshot(28).jpg (19.85 KiB) Viewed 609 times

In norgo's SFS there is a start script that might be useful to copy to the xampp package before squashing it.
The script looks at the /etc/group to identify if the user mysql exists. If it does xampp control panel starts. If not the group entry for user mysql is inserted.
/usr/bin/xampp_start.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

cat /etc/group | grep -q "^mysql"
	if [ $? -ne 0 ]
		then	echo "mysql::990:root,spot,mysql" >> /etc/group && /opt/lampp/manager-linux-x64.run || exit;
		else	/opt/lampp/manager-linux-x64.run
	fi
rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Before squashing add in any .desktop files and custom components if needed.

nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

Hi @rockedge ,

Here is my fresh experience of downloading the xampp-linux-x64-8.2.12-0-installer.run from the XAMPP website and installing the XAMPP software and generating an SFS file out of it for portability reasons :

1. Add the mysql system user first, on the terminal and then click on the installer :

adduser mysql -D

Latest XAMPP installations will halt at the end, if it does not find the mysql system user

1. Extract the enclosed usr.zip file to the XAMPP build directory, that you mentioned. This usr folder will reside parallel to the opt folder.
    As you rightly pointed out, the SFS file should carry a shell script in its bin directory, which will get invoked when the XAMPP control panel is started and creates the mysql group ( norgo's addition ) and mysql user ( my addition ) on the destination machine first, before the services are started. I have done these changes now. Additionally, a .desktop file, if present in the /usr/share/applications folder, must be included for the SFS to launch it, on installation.
  1. A copy of the 8.2.12 XAMPP SFS that I built is uploaded for the benefit of others. I will give the links to it in a post below.

Kindly test load this sfs file on a pristine pure machine, where XAMPP is never installed before, so that there are no ownership / permission clashes and let me know your feedback.

As norgo's sfs contained /opt/lampp/var/mysql folder with avahi user's ownership ( and eventually got saved into my .4fs personal storage file as well, while shutdown ), difficulties arose, as this new mysql from sfs got prevented from starting up, due to permission denied errors ( *.err files in this folder revealed it )

I was lucky that I did not have any mysql data present, so I cleaned up the /opt/lampp/var/mysql folder in the *.4fs file and mysql started nicely, from this new sfs file.

Hope this documenting helps others as well.

Best Regards,

Nathan S.R.

Attachments
usr.zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by nathan-sr on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

Hi @rockedge ,

Did my copy of the newly built 8.2.12 XAMPP SFS work at your end ? Kindly confirm.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Nathan S.R.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@nathan-sr I could not get the mysql server to start because of a permission denied! But I saw this also on a SFS I had put together earlier which I did eventually get the mysql server to start but those fixes did not work when I tried them this time. It seems to be something simple because all of the components seem to be there.

nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

rockedge wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:54 am

@nathan-sr I could not get the mysql server to start because of a permission denied! But I saw this also on a SFS I had put together earlier which I did eventually get the mysql server to start but those fixes did not work when I tried them this time. It seems to be something simple because all of the components seem to be there.

Was it a machine, where XAMPP was previously installed and had some files in the /opt/lampp/var/mysql folder, in its *.?fs personal storage file ?
This needs to be removed first, before the SFS is installed. Hope there is no important db data in it.

Also, the hostname.err file in the same folder gives some clues to resolve the problem.

This /opt/lampp/var/mysql folder's files need to be owned by mysql:mysql and if there are files with root:root in it, it will cause permission denied errors !

@rockedge , I edited this post again, to be more specific....

nathan-sr

Post by nathan-sr »

Hi @rockedge ,

This is my finding so far, on this new SFS generation & installation :

1. If we install xampp & then create this SFS file on the same, specific puppy linux version, then the SFS file also gets installed & works fine, on the next install on the same puppy linux version.

2. Also, added the following command to the norgo's shell script, in the usr/bin folder ( on s15pup64 SFS only )

```
chown -R mysql:mysql /opt/lampp/var/mysql
```

Kindly test the following SFS files, on their respective puppy linux versions ( using virtualbox / qemu ) and revert with the results :

s15pup64 :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/my-pro ... s/download

bionicpup64 :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/my-pro ... s/download

LATEST UPDATE :

I tested Norgo's 8.0.12 SFS on both s15pup64 & bionicpup64. It is WORKING FINE !!!!
If we can find the method, that he used somehow, it will be very helpful.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nathan S.R.

norgo

Post by norgo »

@nathan-sr
Sorry for late response and thank you for feedback.
When I created the XAMPP I ask to myself why should I publish this SFS nobody will be interested in.
Up to now it has been downloaded 140 times and I am very surprised.

A looooong time ago we had a Distro "Browserlinux".
Of course total outdated now and not usable anymore.
That's why I am glad to hear that you want to create such a kind of Distro.
As good as I can I will try to help.

Installation of XAMPP
It is important to create the group and user mysql before you start the installation.

addgroup mysql
adduser mysql -H -D -G mysql

Otherwise you will get problems with user, groups and user permission.
Most probably you already got error messages during installation?

Also a good idea is to log the installation.
So you can see afterward what has the installer done.
I used installwatch for this. Installwatch is included in the package checkinstall.

Thank you for your effort

Return to “Browsers and Internet”