How to connect to Internet in FossaPup64-CE? (closed)

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

cobaka

How to connect to Internet in FossaPup64-CE? (closed)

Post by cobaka »

Request for help with FossaPup 96-CE and internet connection.

I'm using a standard modem to connect (via copper) to the internet. Ethernet cable between my desktop and the modem. Copper to the exchange.
Until recently I used uPupBB32 and 64. The connection wizard was simplicity itself.
To set up the network - click the SNS (I think it means "simple network setup") - wait a few moments - and 'connection made'.

After the initial connection I could disconnect and reconnect by clicking the small icon at the lower right of the screen. I often left uPupBB-64 running overnight, but with the screen off and internet disconnected. In the morning - click the small icon mentioned a moment ago - bingo! Re-connected. I can't remember if I had to right/left click - it always worked.

Now - with FossaPup CE-9v6
Today we had a storm. This means the terminal box - at ground level in the street - is full of water. The internet is flakey. It will run for 30 or 60 minutes and then I must re-boot the modem and re-connect.

Again, using uPupBB64 - that was easy-peasy.

Now, with Fossa 64-CE the process is obscure. The previous simplicity is gone.
Please, can anyone direct me to a 'help' page that describes the process of disconnecting/reconnecting to the modem for FossaPup CE?

Thank you.

cobaka.

собака --> это Русский --> an old dog
"so-baka" (not "co", as in coast or crib).

mikeslr

Re: How to connect to Internet in FossaPup64-CE? (closed)

Post by mikeslr »

Despite this thread having been closed (without explanation), perhaps this reply will help.

I ALWAYS have flaky internet. (Thanks, Verizon :twisted: ). Conman is the best at quickly establishing an internet connection. But a PITA once it looses it. So I use Network Wizard as the default. Takes a little more work than Frisbee or SNS to configure but seems to be less fragile.

radky has updated Bookworm's Internet Connection Manager so that you can switch between Conman and the others without having to reboot. So, I use Conman as Bookworm's default. When it looses connection I'll first try Frisbee and, if unsatisfied, switch to Network Wizard. I'm pretty sure rerwin's new network_connect_update-20240114.pet, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 2241#p2241 was what radky incorporated to provide that improvement. Worth trying.

ozsouth

Re: How to connect to Internet in FossaPup64-CE? (closed)

Post by ozsouth »

I only saw this today, but the following steps I took might help someone:

To get rid of Connman settings for an essid (in Fossapup64-9.6CE-4):

Click Menu
Click Setup
Click Internet Connection Manager
Click on right-most icon of wireless connection to forget
Click Clear Settings
Click Forget
Click Apply (or close popup)
Click on right-most icon of wireless connection to reset
Click Clear Settings
Click Reset
Click Apply (or close popup)

Should now be able to Click on desired essid, Click Connect & input passphrase when asked

Return to “Fossapup64”