labwc/sfwbar sfs for KLV-Swayland

Wayland Sway compositor plus pipewire

Moderator: Forum moderators

01micko

labwc/sfwbar sfs for KLV-Swayland

Post by 01micko »

Firstly, many thanks @wiak for FirstRib.

I first tried KLV-Swayland last weekend and the sway implementation works great out of the box. So complete noob at this, but as a few will know I've pioneered labwc/sfwbar development with @dimkr who is progressing well in vanilladpup-11x.

So this weekend I thought I'd have a go at implementing labwc/sfwbar on top of Swayland and the result is an add on sfs 14KLV_labwc_sfwbar.sfs 648kB which includes some config files for labwc, sfwbar with slightly customised config and it's dependency gtk-layer-shell. I would have offered a plug script but sfwbar is not in the void repos as of now, so an add on sfs it is.
Checksum (sha256):

Code: Select all

f3cfe25215151c18b16b2f402bf753de476a06d881f05bd7eef734a1ccc1e6ed  14KLV_labwc_sfwbar.sfs

It does not work ootb, a slight mod is necessary to /etc/profile.d/autologin.sh in the running KLV_Swayland distro or before you boot from any other linux:

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i 's/sway/labwc/' /etc/profile.d/autologin.sh ## use relative path if not running in swayland or chroot

There is a basic menu both in labwc (hard coded) and a dynamic menu for sfwbar. It's far from polished but does the job. Nmtui (networkmanager) is available by clicking the network icon in the bogus 'tray' area. Should connect fine. Have fun!

Just a side note @wiak ; I was a little confused when I changed ownership to spot from a running Puppy for KL use: but then I realised in Puppy spot is spot:502, whereas in KL (at least swayland anyway) spot is spot:1000 :P Easy fix though because Puppy has ftp:1000 which worked fine.

Attachments
KLV_labwc.jpg
KLV_labwc.jpg (13.09 KiB) Viewed 794 times
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: labwc/sfwbar sfs for KLV-Swayland

Post by rockedge »

@01micko I had previously made a boot-able ISO from the results of a build script run, so I added the labwc/sfwbar sfs to the file system and re-packaged the ISO.

Started right up in a QEMU virtual machine. Lots of potential also with this stacking WM style.

I am having fun driving it.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@01micko Missed you in these parts, but glad you're alive and well.

ljlj

Post by ljlj »

to mr rockedge

please,can you install opera mini from f-droid?

Last edited by rockedge on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed content and disabled the markdown code parsing which is the default
fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@ljlj
Did you look at what you posted ? , it's weird, and stop polluting topics with an off-topic request for Opera Mini ! Please ?!
edit: previous post has been edited now, probably by moderator or admin, better....

Return to “KLV-Swayland”