DocuSign Tapping User Data to Train AI Models

For discussions about security.
Jasper

DocuSign Tapping User Data to Train AI Models

Post by Jasper »

A new FAQ says 'we may use your data to train DocuSign's in-house, proprietary AI models.'

Using DocuSign may entail more than just signing a contract. A new FAQ from the company says it can now harvest user data to train its AI programs.

“If you have given contractual consent, we may use your data to train DocuSign's in-house, proprietary AI models,” the company wrote in the FAQ, which was published this week.

According to the document, the AI training applies to users of DocuSign’s Contract Lifecycle Management product and select eSignature customers. The company is developing an in-house AI program “based on open-source AI models that have been customized by DocuSign.”

It now looks like the company wants to improve the AI program by feeding it user data, including the contracts they sign. This comes after it launched a Generative AI "Agreement Summarization" feature to analyze lengthy contracts for the main points.

Source:
https://uk.pcmag.com/ai/151272/docusign ... y-promises

Clarity

Re: DocuSign Tapping User Data to Train AI Models

Post by Clarity »

There are and will be an enormous amount of information over this year pushing concerns of the amount of information AI has at hand. ALL AI is not the same. There are various and distinctive differences in what company's are calling AI. In addition, company harvesting of behavior data in nothing new and has been in use beginning Netscape in the 1990s.

We should not be alarmed of this barrage of scary information while at the same time weigh any value as it relates to daily use of world's internet, growing more and more of its services as our needs and usage continues to increase.

Computing technology is the tools of today's mankind...and tomorrow's. And, each of us contribute to the vast information that is captured and evaluated, electronically, for almost 3 decades. Those are facts of usage that define what company's see with the services they offer us users.

In 1978, a Corporate Exec in an internal session announce to the site I worked, with approx 1000 employee attending, where he said "Information will become more valuable than Natural Resource by 1990." I rejected that ideology until 1985 when I participate at one of the 1st corporate internal AI product development. If you have noticed, as I had then, "its already happened". The world's current Intelligence Community has been active in this for over a century. Technology has merely increased the speed that they reach conclusions.

Look for those reports that indicate directional efforts that will be useful to you, your kids, their kids, such that technology influences will be steered at improving the human experience.

backi

Post by backi »

@Clarity wrote:

Look for those reports that indicate directional efforts that will be useful to you, your kids, their kids, such that technology influences will be steered at improving the human experience.

You sound so cheerful and optimistic about those Future Prospects..But i cannot share your Euphoria.
I am more skeptical.
What about Deceleration ?-----
I know it will not happen.

Seems we are steering more and more into an anhydrous non-organic silicon based AI TRANS-HUMANISTIC (non human) Existence (Transformers) instead of a Water and carbon based Bio-organic human Intelligence/Experience/Existence on Planet Earth.

How long will it take that those silicon based AI Entities first need us ,then abuse ,enslave us?.....and later trying to get rid of us.?

Transhumanists believe that humanity's next evolutionary stage will be achieved through fusion with technology. The technologies that we wear on our bodies today in the form of wearables will be within us in the future; Cyborgs should take the place of humans.

I am rather paranoid about such Kind of "Trends"
I am not really interested in.
This is a cold,cold World and is becoming colder and colder and more inhuman Day by Day.

I don`t expect those "Machines" to save Us.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

I think every technical development has its advantages, but also its downsides (e.g. many young people have addiction problems, with e.g. TicTok or .. whatever, gambling online etc..).
But what I'm most concerned about is the digital ID developments planned to be used by governments for example: European Digital Identity
(edit: and "Final Agreement": https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... ip_23_5651)
If you go with that flow, fine perhaps, but what if you don't want to join ? Are you becoming a sort of pariah citizen then ?

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@fredx181

This was shared awhile ago:

viewtopic.php?p=101963&hilit=Belgian#p101963

Being a non-EU resident (.....no more talk about Brexit). I thought it would be useful.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Jasper wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:40 pm

@fredx181

This was shared awhile ago:

viewtopic.php?p=101963&hilit=Belgian#p101963

Thanks, but that's a strange post IMO, as if belgians need such ID stuff for to access Puppy or this forum ? Looks to me like spam, but can't be sure.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@fredx181

Maybe we read this post differently?

I thought it was genuine.

A quick search tells me it is called something different in the Netherlands:

https://www.government.nl/topics/online ... bout-eidas

Return to “Security”