Excuse me If I don't write here for a while.

Moderator: Forum moderators

pp4mnklinux

Excuse me If I don't write here for a while.

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everyone:

First of all, happy new year 2024 to everyone and I hope everything goes as you wish.

I'm just writing this message to tell you that I won't be posting in this forum for a while, because a moderator gave me a warning and I'm scared, because I would never have thought that organization would be preferred to collaboration, but since I've been warned I understood what It's important to have everything in its place, so I don't want to make incorrections again.

It's not a definitive farewell, when the scare passes I'll still cheer up and collaborate again... or not... I don't know, but for now I don't want to bother the moderators.

Greetings to all, and again, wish you a good year.

https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 48#p107848

Please, accept my excuses again, I don't want to disturb you, that is the last thing I wanna do and a second warning could be so harmful that I prefer to avoit it.

Have a nice day u all.-

Cheers.

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?resource=ratings&distro=puppy&distribution=puppy&likepost=49723&helpful=Yes

Attachments
Image(19).png
Image(19).png (350.41 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Excuse me If I don't write here for a while.

Post by rockedge »

@rockedge if you don't mind, I think you can delete the subforum about f96ce_xfce_fusilli, not to disturb organization because nowadays it is not going to be continued)

No.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@pp4mnklinux Don't be scared !! Here and there some clumsy postings from you and a bit out of line sometimes, yes, but IMO you can possibly learn from people's replies and just get on.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

We moderators do not do anything but try to enforce the terms of this forum.

The terms, that you and everyone else, who become a forum member, agree to follow.

The link to the forum terms is at the bottom of any of the forum pages.

The forum gives you the ability to post when you become a member.

Becoming a member you give the forum the ability to edit, delete, etc.... any posts you make.

Most of the edits moderators do are spelling corrections.
Trying to make the post better understood.
Maybe adding a needed link.
Moving the topic or post to a better location in the forum. (the forum sections are there to make stuff organized and easier to find)

One big issue, is someone posting in a topic, about something completely different to what the topic is about, or asking about it, for their specific computer and setup.
It is very, very, hard to follow a topic, if you are trying to talk about two completely different peoples issues, and different computers.
It really does turn into a complete mess of information.
Really does not help anyone.
A topic is best, when only talking about one persons issue, and their specific hardware.

The forum has no limit on number of topics any member can start.

I have had other moderators move, edit, add to, etc...... some of my topics and posts.

I thank them for doing their job!!!!!

I do not know what your issue was.

But from what you say.

All the moderator was doing is enforcing the rules of this forum!

No way is anyone telling you to not post in the forum.

Only to follow the forum terms, you agreed to follow, when you became a member.

You are a valued member of this forum! :thumbup2:

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@pp4mnklinux :-

Um.....heh. Okay...

That's NOT the response I was looking for. All I really meant was that you get a bit "over-excitable" sometimes.......you don't always think about what you're posting, OR where you're posting it. It's great to see the enthusiasm, but do please try to keep a check on it..! :)

We don't want to see ya go, that's for sure (see @bigpup 's post above) You've contributed some good stuff over the years, and it's been appreciated. You're not a troll, or a spammer, so no complaints there. It's just a bit annoying to have to keep going behind some people and correcting their posts perhaps more than with most others. Really, if you just slow down a little, think what you're going to say (and where it should be posted), all that can be avoided.

It was only meant as a "slap on the wrist". Nothing to be scared about! Perhaps I should have made myself clearer.......and it's entirely possible I owe you a "Sorry" for coming on a bit strong. :oops:

Mike. :)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

@pp4mnklinux

The above post does have personal comments about you, which is against the terms of this forum.

But your topic kind of opened the door to explaining what the warning was about.

But if you wish.

The above post can be deleted or edited.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

bigpup wrote:

.. personal comments about you, which is against the terms of this forum

Please explain (just curious, btw) what exactly (in this case) "is against the terms of this forum" .
(edit: "You're not a troll, or a spammer ... ..." is personal, right ? Anything else you mean ? (confused :? )

wizard

Post by wizard »

@pp4mnklinux

Since I left the original comment about hijacking, I'll add this.

Hijacking another members post is offensive to the original poster (OP) and distracts from the ability of other members to solve the problem or answer a request. We are all probably guilty of this to some extent.

Participating in any forum is a learning experience that will come with some "bumps". Comments from moderators or other members are almost always constructive criticism meant to help both you and others.

So you must ask yourself, do you NOT want feedback and continue to be viewed as rude and disruptive, or do you want to learn and improve your interaction with your fellow members.

It is easy to start another topic in the appropriate section, move your post, and leave a link in the original thread if you wish.

wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

wiak

Post by wiak »

Yes it was minor. Maybe if remained off topic for a few more posts would have been worth gently correctly, but who hasn't occasionally replied to something in a thread that was a bit off the original post intention? Fact is @pp4mnklinux first answered the original question and then dimkr posted something, which pp4mnklinux simply picked up on - easily done, and actually the question was only 'slightly' off-topic since was just requesting a bit more information about one of the given answers.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

One big issue, is someone posting in a topic, about something completely different to what the topic is about, or asking about it, for their specific computer and setup.

That's true and should be avoided in general HOWEVER we should be very careful with this. Over the years I have seen some real gems come out in a thread that seemingly does not have much to do with the main topic but have proved to be very valuable information otherwise. It often happens that a user comments on the related topic, something specific to the topic but ALSO expand to something that may not be related directly to the topic and then others ask questions on or give solutions for the expanded stuff further on in the thread. Now we all know that the "preferred" option should be to start a new topic but this does not always happen and if the policy is to disallow all "unrelated" stuff, valuable information may get lost because of a too strict posting policy.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

amethyst wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:30 pm

... Over the years I have seen some real gems come out in a thread that ...

This is a "true-ism". I agree. :thumbup:

And, when this is noticed, I've wondered how best to extract the diversion into a topic/topic-area with a continuing community discussion on those gems at the new location.

Its a rather delicate 'dance' that occurs with that one issue. I, find that a tough one for me on several levels:

• If allowed to continue it could be deemed offensive to the OP direction as it diverts

• If remains, stands the chance of overtaking the OP's theme

• If moved, the author of the move could object

• If moved the contributers could object

• Doing nothing I dont feel is the right answer, either

These are my observations of past years in multiple forums and I am not sure how best to have a good universal manner to address these while insuring continuity of the diverted theme-topic.

Return to “F96CE-XFCE-FUSILLI”