LaZPaint image creator/editor - 32- and 64-bit - in 'portable' format...

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

LaZPaint image creator/editor - 32- and 64-bit - in 'portable' format...

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, gang.

I'd forgotten all about this one! I built these nearly a year ago, with the intention of testing for a bit, then uploading and posting about them.......but until @ozboomer posted in the Pinta-portable thread just a couple of days ago - he wanted a very small image editor, and Pinta's a bit big for his needs - it had been consigned to the dusty, cobwebbed store-cupboard of my mind.....

I'm getting worse, I tell ya! :oops:

LaZPaint's workflow takes a wee bit of getting used to, since it's like a very tiny, lightweight 'cross' between Krita and the GIMP.....with shades of CinePaint thrown-in for good measure. (The latter is getting a major 'makeover' for the first time in many years; ATM, they only have a Windows build available, though MacOS & Linux builds are in the pipeline. When the Linux build finally shows up, I shall of course test and make it available (if feasible)).

Anyways; this is LaZPaint v7.1.6. Current build is v7.2.2, but as I discovered while trawling through their archive of older builds ( as did ozboomer), from v7.1.7 onwards LaZPaint has obviously been built on a far newer system, and requires minimum glibc 2.34......so not even Phil's original FP64 9.5 can run it. However.....

.....v7.1.6 seems to run anywhere. I know many of you like to always have the very newest version of everything, but TBH, there doesn't appear to have been that much in the way of bells'n'whistles added over the course of the last several releases. And since this has no internet access, and seems super-stable into the bargain, a slightly older build should do what most of you will want......and will, I think, be perfectly 'safe'.

These LaZPaint-portables will run under Tahr64, Xenial64, Bionic64, and Fossa64.....and their 32-bit equivalents. I DO like to offer things that will run under as wide a range of Puppies as possible, as y'all know by now.

=============================

If interested, they can be found at MediaFire:-

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ev58xz ... t-portable

Tarball's a little over 3 MB.......expanded, around 12 MB. Not too bad at all!

These have built as ROX-apps; they're a standard portable build, just with an 'AppRun' symlink to the 'LAUNCH' script (which makes them behave as a ROX-app. Thanks to MochiMoppel for this tip, some time ago. :thumbup:)

Anyhoo:-

• Download
  • Unzip
  • Move the portable anywhere you like, though outside the 'save' IS better
  • Just click on the portable directory itself to fire it up, 'cos it's a Puppy-native ROX-app!

RT-clk -> Look Inside will give access to the usual MenuEntry scripts.

Enjoy.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

mikeslr

Re: LaZPaint image creator/editor - 32- and 64-bit - in 'portable' format...

Post by mikeslr »

See this post about combining raster/bitmap and vector graphics, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 42#p108642

mikewalsh

Re: LaZPaint image creator/editor - 32- and 64-bit - in 'portable' format...

Post by mikewalsh »

mikeslr wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:16 am

See this post about combining raster/bitmap and vector graphics, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 42#p108642

:thumbup: :D

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Return to “Graphics”