Question About Running Portainer In Puppy Linux To Run Docker Compose Based Containers

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

Shortstop

Question About Running Portainer In Puppy Linux To Run Docker Compose Based Containers

Post by Shortstop »

Hey there,
I put Fossapup64 on am old Thinkpad X230 and it has been working pretty good.

My only thinking now is if I can somehow install Docker as well as Portainer to help manager Docker compose based containers?

Has anyone here done this? Asking since I have some Docker Compose files to deploy stuff like Navidrome a ton more easily and would find it amazing if I could somehow do this in Fossapup64.

I don't know to install it manually and would rather it live within the Docker compose based contain from Portainer as it such as easy to use experience imo .

Thanks!

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Question About Running Portainer In Puppy Linux To Run Docker Compose Based Containers

Post by rockedge »

@Shortstop I have in the past gotten Docker to work on Fossapup64. I would have to try it again and see if it goes again.

If I can I'll see if Portainer will run okay

Shortstop

Re: Question About Running Portainer In Puppy Linux To Run Docker Compose Based Containers

Post by Shortstop »

Cool thanks dude.

I'm looking to convert my old Thinkpad X230 running Fossapup to more of a NAS setup, and that would include running some stuff like Navidrome off of Portainer based containers since its easier to just swap out containers on the fly than having to manually compile or install things like that for more of a homelab setup.

Return to “Beginners Help”