KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 Stable release ( 881 MIB) Linux Kernel 5.15.94 - With Pamac package manager(AUR)

Kennel Linux Arch-based

Moderator: Forum moderators

Sofiya

KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 Stable release ( 881 MIB) Linux Kernel 5.15.94 - With Pamac package manager(AUR)

Post by Sofiya »

Image ISO: 881(mib)
https://archive.org/download/20230225_2 ... CE-3.1.iso

SHA1-MD5.txt
https://archive.org/download/20230225_2 ... .1-sum.txt

Includes rolling update of Arch Linux packages dated November 23 , 2023. , with the Linux Kernel 5.15.94

Added full SAMBA support and managed by a modified for KLA Samba Simple Management GUI script, taken from F96-CE_3.

Improved and added save2flash utility Thanks to @fredx181 , which can be used when KLA is started in RAM2 mode to perform on-demand session save for saving, as well as when rebooting and shutting down the system.Display console choice for Save/NoSave at shutdown, as well as when rebooting.

Added modification of wd_timezone , using --list thanks @fredx181 . also added automatic setting of the time zone when connected to the Internet.
Added many Openbox themes, as well as a light theme.other improvements and fixes.

Added:
Image Programs added- Take a shot, Take a gif, Redshift-gui,Transtray, YRadio, PackIt, ROX-Filer, Pwidgets, SMPlayer .

Added:
Image Bluetooth(blueman), Touchpad Setup (libinput), USBimager (for burning ISO), Gpick (Color picker), Changing wallpaper(Changing the desktop wallpaper), GtkHash (Checksum Calculator), Create SFS(packaging in SFS), SFS-Load- loading sfs on the fly (not tested), pRun (Application launcher)

Added:
Image Screener(screen saver) , Xlock (screen lock)-default login password:root , Change user password(Change Password)-default password: root , xlock_xidlehook(enabled by default) - viewtopic.php?p=92542#p92542

Added:
Image Exiting a session KLA-OT2, Musical accompaniment for entry and exit.

Added:
Image Choosing a default application

Added:
Image Changed gtkdialog-0.8.4 to gtkdialog-0.8.5 GTK+ 3 VTE - https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/g ... /tag/0.8.5, and gtk2dialog-0.8.5 GTK+ 2

Image Added Keybindings to manage windows.

Image Pamac(AUR) is used as the package manager.with notification indicator about the update in tray,as well as a pop-up notification
Installing, updating, removing packages. Category breakdown..

To install packages from AUR Install the necessary development tools

Code: Select all

pacman -S base-devel

Included menu color schemes "jgmenu"
Improved theme switching jgmenu. Thanks @josejp2424 for providing the script ( jgmenu Theme Switcher )

New: Tint2 top panel,Icons with the ability to change the color scheme of folders.both for light and dark themes.13 colors to choose from.

Now includes two composite managers "Picom" and "xcompmgr" , by default "xcompmgr" is enabled,To enable "Picom" you must disable "xcompmgr" in ( /root/Startup/xcompmgr ). make the "xcompmgr" file unexecutable, restart X.after these steps, select "Picom gui" on the taskbar " Tint2 " - press start and autostart at boot.

NEW: New FR initrd.gz version 7.0.1 rc1 released on March 09, 2023; Includes rolling update of Arch Linux packages dated November 23 , 2023.

Regardng Internet browser.
I see no point in bloating a base iso with any large browser users may well not want.
Since fully-Arch-Linux-compatible KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 comes with official and complete pacman package manager (think of it like Quickpet...).
To install Browser, you simply need to open a terminal and (assuming you logged in as user root) enter command:
Or open Pamac package manager and install from there.

Official browsers:

pacman -S firefox

pacman -S firefox-developer-edition

pacman -S opera

pacman -S chromium

pacman -S vivaldi

pacman -S tor

pacman -S falkon

pacman -S midori

Image yandex-browser-23.5.1.667-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst (64-bit) https://mega.nz/file/m9FC1bgC#WRJCpmwN8 ... LOiSAw764U Stable

pacman -U yandex-browser-23.5.1.667-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Or right-click on the file and select ( Installing programs ).

Attachments
2023-11-23_750x422-thumb.png
2023-11-23_750x422-thumb.png (222.18 KiB) Viewed 647 times

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

Clarity

Re: KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 Stable release ( 881 MIB) Linux Kernel 5.15.94 - With Pamac package manager(AUR)

Post by Clarity »

Today, booted v3.1 ISO file 3 ways without issues in QEMU VMs

QEMU

1. ISO file directly

2. ISO file via Ventoy USB connected via PC's port

qemu-system-x86_64 -name "Boot the Ventoy USB port" -enable-kvm -smp 2 -m 2048 -vga std -device AC97 -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -hda /dev/sdg
    VM via Ventoy GRUB2 .jpg
    VM via Ventoy GRUB2 .jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 554 times
  3. ISO file via SG2D on CD in PC's magazine

qemu-system-x86_64 -name "Boot the DVD drive" -boot d -m 2048 -cdrom /dev/cdrom -smp 2 -vga std -device AC97 -net nic -net user -rtc base=localtime -hda /dev/sdg -enable-kvm
VM via SG2D.jpg
VM via SG2D.jpg (28.34 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Clarity

Re: KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 Stable release ( 881 MIB) Linux Kernel 5.15.94 - With Pamac package manager(AUR)

Post by Clarity »

The QEMU test produce desktops. But booting bare-metal does not.

1. I booted both Ventoy and SG2D via CD and the screen goes blank at the point in time one expects the desktop to emerge.

2. Without any ability to see screen, the only response I get is when I hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete where the system performs a normal shutdown with the text-actions on screen.

The monitor on this test PC is a VGA monitor driven by the Intel motherboardL Following pic is from BKW64's Hardinfo report booted on this PC

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (31.04 KiB) Viewed 509 times

Advice, please.

wiak

Post by wiak »

Clarity wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:58 am

The QEMU test produce desktops. But booting bare-metal does not.

1. I booted both Ventoy and SG2D via CD and the screen goes blank at the point in time one expects the desktop to emerge.

2. Without any ability to see screen, the only response I get is when I hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete where the system performs a normal shutdown with the text-actions on screen.

The monitor on this test PC is a VGA monitor driven by the Intel motherboardL Following pic is from BKW64's Hardinfo report booted on this PCScreenshot.png

Advice, please.

Maybe it boots okay, but is simply failing to start X so on failure just ends at blank screen on main login terminal. If so, 'maybe' Ctrl-Alt-F1 or Ctrl-Alt-F2 would switch you to one of the other boot login terminals (tty whatever) asking for login at commandline. Not that that would help start X on your machine, but would at least show the problem has nothing to do with Ventoy/SGD2/bootmanager mechanism per se.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Clarity So KLA-OT2baseCE-3.1 will not boot to desktop on that particular machine? I am surprised it isn't starting correctly with those specifications.

Does KLV-Airedale-sr7 and KLV-Airedale-RT boot on all three methods? Will KLV-Spectr from @Sofiya's assembly work on all three?

Technically all of them should be using the same boot stanza code in the menu.lst, loopback.cfg and grub.cfg with only the distro variable values different.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Status
HA! Today, I find that my pre-2010 (2006-2009) 64bit PC struggle while my 2012-2017 test PCs do not struggle with this distro. All test PCs reported from and used over the past 5-6 months were these Intel based PCs. As I had wrestle with boot options for varied PUPs on the OLD PCs, I just popped over to the later PCs and it goes to desktop. Since each PC connects to the same monitor+mouse+keyboard via a common KVM, its NOT I didn't consider a change until today to see which of the other PCs on the KVM were having the same problem(s).

So this is a combination of the current software, the current kernels-OSes, BIOS-UEFI differences and the hardware. As such, we users tax development when using the ancient dinosaurs bringing our antics and expecting supersonic behaviors. (I have guided corporations in the past around these problems, yet, I am victim of those things I know better.)

Those of you in development/support who diligently help, I applaud you, yet again as you have to tolerate these things constantly.

My home's Observation
I am considering donating them, while cleaning house after the holidays. They have served their time and should be released for "good behavior" during their time in the pen. :lol:

I have too many variables in configuration with monitors, KVM switches, processor-motherboards and RAM...not to mention all of the varied USBs devices, cables, etc. Not to mention dust accumulations, grid surges, etc, too.

Where once, things seen in QEMU mirrored expectations on bare-metal, today, I'm finding that not to be as accurate as the tests once were. To continue providing feedback, I will need to reduce the test PCs from 6 to 1/2 with my trusted production purposes on the 2 'trusted' PCs I use for such.

Another angle I will visit soon is review of VM stanza options as maybe some parms could bring the QEMU findings in line with the old PCs that I use for testing.

Or maybe "virt-manager" configurations might be the approach needed to generate VMs that more closely mirrors the pre-2010 PCs as well as the many-many modern PCs with separate stanzas.

Return to “KLA”