Upgraded cursor themes collection...

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

Upgraded cursor themes collection...

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, gang.

Following a query about cursor themes yesterday, I did some digging.......with the upshot that I've changed my own long-standing favourite for a new one. "Polar cursors" has now been replaced with "Bibata-Modern-Ice".

I've basically taken the original cursor themes collection, which has been knocking around the forum for years, and added about 25 new themes to it. Most of these are modern themes, current & popular at the moment, along with a few 'curiosities'. Most were found at mate-look.org, specifically here:-

https://www.mate-look.org/browse?cat=107&ord=latest

There's an original port of the cursor theme from Google's FuschiaOS, along with a red-derived version. There's also a couple of gorgeous, curvy, over-sized cursors that look just like a teardrop canted to one side!

Some of these are pretty large.......hence the size of the .pet. If you don't want everything, decide on what you want to keep, and just toss the rest.

Anyone who's interested can find 'em here:- https://www.mediafire.com/folder/j26fjc ... sor+themes

Enjoy!

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

pp4mnklinux

Re: Upgraded cursor themes collection...

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Thanks a lot, fantastic resource, I installed it to choose the XRED cursor theme.

But I wanna share something, once you had choose the theme, if you are happy with it (as I am) you can delete the rest to save an enormous space.

The cursors are in folder root/.icons .... and there is no problem deleting those that u don't need.

_---------

As I said, thanks for sharing

Cheers, have a nice weekend.-

mikeslr

Re: Upgraded cursor themes collection... Red Cursor

Post by mikeslr »

Thanks, Mike, for the large collection; :thumbup: and pp4mnklinux for the idea of reducing it. It would be nice if the graphic images used could be viewed by extracting the pet. But I couldn't find any application which displayed them.

Sometimes, with everything going on in white, black, blue and yellow a red-cursor would be handy. So I took a guess that a cursor theme named "Red Cursor" would actually display a red cursor. It does; a nice arrow and a red-dotted 'lasso' when dragged over several files/folders. Sorry; can't figure out how to take a screenshot. :( Attached for those who want it.

Red-Cursor-Theme.pet
(31.28 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Edit: Red Cursor appears in the Screenshot here, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 76#p103076

Return to “Eye Candy”