Share your work place !

Moderator: Forum moderators

pp4mnklinux

Share your work place !

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

This place (photo) it is not better or worse than yours, it's simply different, but I want to share it with you (and I hope you share yours with us).

Ergonomy is a must.

What about yours ?

Clarity

Re: Share your work !

Post by Clarity »

Nice organization @pp4mnklinux. Although I am a bit embarrassed in showing, here's my TV work area.

IMG_20231018_131433012.jpg
IMG_20231018_131433012.jpg (35.39 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
pp4mnklinux

Re: Share your work place !

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Please.. never feel "embarrased".

It's your place of work, you feel comfortable there, you work on it to make it the way you want.....

You must feel proud of this place, becaus it is YOUR PLACE... that's all.

Thanks for sharing, CHEERS.-

n.b.- What puppy linux distro are u using? (I imagine KLV-Airedale , is this ok?)

n.b. 2 .- I saw there a lot of cd's/dvd's. Do you (all puppy linux users) continue using cd as a resource to save or share files ?... I have two cd/dvd recorders, but I used them for last time years ago (Drive, hostings, usb,External disks...)

Clarity

Re: Share your work place !

Post by Clarity »

@pp4mnklinux thanks for your comments. But my area is ugly and sorely needs my attention.

CDs/DVDx you ask about have been relegated to audio for the car...some cars still come with dashboard player. Another use is to boot to launch ISO files on old PCs that wont boot from USB sticks.

I also will dust off some to verify what some forum members are seeing in their use.

Not an everyday use item, of course.

My TV in the work area has 4 HDMI paths. this coupled with an 4-port HDMI KVM switch connected to 1 of the TV's ports allows me several options that the 58" TV provides benefit in viewing. Now, I dont need glasses to see stuff.

I thank you as its time to start a clean up that is sorely needed. Every time I do so, since the pandemic, I discover something that needs immediate (really overdue) attention and forget to come back to cleanup.

Your desk picture is beautifully organized; as it also reminds me to get back to cleaning.

Have a good week!

P.S. The PC image you see on the TV screen in my picture is one of the 4 PCs connected to the KVM switch. This switch+TV will only display at 1920x1080 (1K) while my family room TV provides PC's displays TV at 2K.

Return to “F96CE-XFCE-FUSILLI”