Audio (SOUND) in KL distros - Pipewire

Moderator: Forum moderators

Clarity

Audio (SOUND) in KL distros - Pipewire

Post by Clarity »

@fredx181, @Vverve, and @rockedge each, separately, have been helpfully instrumental in pathway for Pipewire integration in KLs.

I ask:
Would the inclusion of 'wireplumber' and/or 'kelvum' be appropriate for a good user experience?

fredx181

Re: Audio (SOUND) in KL distros - Pipewire

Post by fredx181 »

Clarity wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:24 pm

@fredx181, @Vverve, and @rockedge each, separately, have been helpfully instrumental in pathway for Pipewire integration in KLs.

I ask:
Would the inclusion of 'wireplumber' and/or 'kelvum' be appropriate for a good user experience?

Should be more tested IMO.
Help is welcome, you're not obliged of course, but must say that it's a bit annoying to see you "just" comment often instead of helping by testing and reporting.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Seem OK to me. But, I agree more test doesn't hurt.

And their site, KELVUM, has healthy doses of respondents.

There are other tools which might be a good fit also.

P.S. I have couple old platforms for test: Intel PCs and an 2016 AMD AIO for tests. Which distro would you like me to report on? I'd be happy to boot, install and report on a distro+platform that would be helpful. You can post here or PM me instructions.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Clarity wrote:

P.S. I have couple old platforms for test: Intel PCs and an 2016 AMD AIO for tests. Which distro would you like me to report on? I'd be happy to boot, install and report on a distro+platform that would be helpful. You can post here or PM me instructions.

The Test pipewire thread in the KLV-Airedale section has suggestions and discussions, you found it (as you posted in it), so I don't understand why you ask.
Not saying btw that my suggestion for a pipewire setup in that thread is the most optimal, it's a "test" topic.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Yes. AND, I am awaiting the integration in "sr6" as was shared on that thread.

All of this effort by the KL team of people is creating a modern OS that works for old and newer technologies. AND, the KLs are introducing forward thinking kinds of functionality that steer to ease of use and usefulness by its users.

I have always followed in both awe as well as amazing.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Pipewire.jpg
Pipewire.jpg (26.87 KiB) Viewed 775 times

BTW: This is a great animation that developers and users will laugh at. The ONLY complaint that is made on this is hilarious..."release numbering".

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Clarity wrote:

Yes. AND, I am awaiting the integration in "sr6" as was shared on that thread.

So, if I understand well, you only want to test if it's already integrated in a 'stable release' ISO ?
I'd say if it's already included in a stable release it should be considered as being tested enough, not ?

But, nevermind do (or not), what you want.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

fredx181 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:28 pm

So, if I understand well, you only want to test if it's already integrated in a 'stable release' ISO ?

Actually a better description is that I test development's ISO/IMG offerings from their alphas, to betas, to release candidates, to final. My focus in testing is on booting, session-management as well as desktop operations, LAN operations, and the performance observed. I use VMs a lot as they are so easy to spin up and to discover problems that need verification on actual hardware.

Its the best I can offer given my life efforts using old desktops, AIOs and laptops for reporting.

Anything you have that you want me to provide feedback, please post to me. I may ask questions, but will give anything helpful to you.

Return to “KL-Dev_Work”