Session Management Technology in KL

Moderator: Forum moderators

Clarity

Session Management Technology in KL

Post by Clarity »

I am on record for praising this community effort known by me as the "KLs". There is quite a bit of innovation that has been a part of this distro family.

One such perfection is their handling of sessions as well as the GRUB2 work providing a stable and consistent framework for getting to sessions as well as focus on detail in support of making a user's life simple.

This post draws attention to a Distrowatch announcment where its preamble seems to have been taken right out of the mouths of KL distro developers.

See the SLAX preamble here on distrowatch.

Smiling, I glean at their similarity of KL technology. :)

FYI

wiak

Re: Session Management Technology in KL

Post by wiak »

Clarity wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:16 am

This post draws attention to a Distrowatch announcment where its preamble seems to have been taken right out of the mouths of KL distro developers.

See the SLAX preamble here on distrowatch.

Smiling, I glean at their similarity of KL technology. :)

Yes, reads pretty similar though I haven't explored it further so don't know if similar in practice. Certainly, we have plenty of under-the-cover facilities in place that beg to be enhanced by boot-time or user-time scripts to get the most out of them. Hopefully one day. KL_multi should basically become the optimum frugal install mechanism since it costs almost nothing in terms of needing any additional resources (a couple of thousand bytes only per extra 'instance'): the terminology 'instance' purposively reflects an object-oriented nature of the distro instance itself where each instance inherits the same underlying functionality prior to being then re-shaped depending on the contents of its individual own directory save folder.

Whilst KL_multi currently is for producing 'normal' frugal installs in multiple instances, there is no reason the overall reasoning/mechanism cannot be modified (only slight change actually) to provide for 'multi-instances' bases on underlying boot straight from iso (the save folders being, as per current KL_multi, going into own directory in selected overall Sessions area).

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “KL-Dev_Work”