Using Winetricks to tell your wine64 to run a 32 bit package

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Lordsyke

Using Winetricks to tell your wine64 to run a 32 bit package

Post by Lordsyke »

I'm trying to get a Linux voice thingy working on a Extension or Browser of Second Life known as Firestorm viewer. I'm sure the voice doesn't work as it wants me to use some kind of win64 or other 64 bit driver that I do not have, and I'm pretty sure only the 32 bit equivalent works. but I have no clue how to tell it to use the 32 bit instead of wanting to go right for the 64 for bit and being blind to it not existing and just doing nothing and completely not enabling the voice chat to be functional. It's possible there's another problem all together but I'm pretty sure as I'm using the 64 bit THIS wants me to use some kind of 64 bit driver, that only exists in 32Arch. So if you can tell me how to use Winetricks to do this and help me trouble shoot this I'd appreciate it!

Lordsyke

Re: Using Winetricks to tell your wine64 to run a 32 bit package

Post by Lordsyke »

Well I either need to know what 64 drivers I need to get. But I'm sure they don't exist, and This comes with the 32Arch drivers so I need to know how to tell winetricks when I'm on all 64 to instead use a 32 bit driver. Do you know what I need to install now?

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Lordsyke :-

Well, TBH, it looks like you might have gone about this the wrong way.....but don't take that as criticism, because unlike most set-ups, where you install the appropriate 'arch' of package to suit your OS, WINE is something of a 'one-off' special case.

Here in Puppyland, you don't install a WINE64 package just because you're running a 64-bit Puppy. I know that doesn't make sense, but this is down to Microsoft. It's not about the Linux host, it's more to do with the specific Windows environment you're attempting to emulate. Unless you're trying to run a fairly recent, 'new' application - think mid-Win 10 onwards OR Win 11 - whatever Windows application you want to run will almost always be a 32-bit version. So, we have packages available which, although designed to run on a 64-bit Puppy, actually run a 32-bit WINE environment internally. All the win64/syswow64 stuff is already set-up correctly to facilitate doing just this.

And just to add a bit of further 'spice' to the mix, Winetricks doesn't work correctly under Puppy. It never has, and I doubt the situation is about to change anytime soon.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Yeah Second life is made for win 10 and 11. So I do want to set that to the 64 bit setting aa step one? and so there's some kind of 64 bit driver I need then? But what if this unknown needed driver was originally made for 32 bit 5 years ago and no one bothered to make the 64 bit eqiuvelent as what I want is a nitch audience? or if they did hey made it only for Debian and Ubuntu and it never got ported to the other linuxes such as this puppy? Someone did say that could be the problem with this actually, and for that I'd want Box86, not Winetricks for this.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Mikewalsh's Wine-portable-5.11, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 191#p68191, will run both 32-bit and 64-bit Window's programs. But winetrick's, itself, is a 32-bit Linux application for accessing a specific repository. AFAIK, no version of Linux has manage to use it with Wine64. And even if they could, the repository doesn't provide 64bit libraries.

If you can figure how to obtain the driver you need, you may be able to manually copy it into the proper location.

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

So this Wine-portable appimage, is this a just second or alternative version of "Wine? Or is this what you use instead of winetricks for Fossapup64?

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Just to make sure you have all that may be needed.

Fossapup64 9.5 has a 32bit compatibility SFS that will provide stuff needed to run 32bit software.

Install and load it by using Quickpet program. (icon on desktop)

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Also go to the Wine web site and see what it has for information about running this program in Wine.
https://www.winehq.org/

Forum Global Moderator

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

This works amazingly and easily with Ubuntu and Xubuntu and even Debian, and yes I have that 32bit compatability sfs already and it's working. do I install the 32 or 64 bit appimage? I assume the 64 bit I still don't quite understand if this things something I need to use "with the wine5.0" instead of the Winetricks, Or if I need to use this "instead of Fossapups64's bit default "wine"

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Not knowing anything about this program (Firestorm viewer)

I tried to download and use the Linux version in F96-CE_4 which is basically the update for Fossapup64 9.5

Downloaded the 64bit version Phoenix-Firestorm-Releasex64-6-6-14-69596.tar.xz.
https://www.firestormviewer.org/linux/

In Rox file manager navigated to where it is located.

Right clicked on it and selected Uextract to uncompress it into a directory named Phoenix-Firestorm-Releasex64-6-6-14-69596.tar.xz.extracted.

Inside this directory is the directory Phoenix-Firestorm-Releasex64-6-6-14-69596.

Open it and left click on the file firestorm to run the program.

At first a black window will open.
About 5 to 10 sec later the complete window displays.

Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (94.15 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

That is all the help I can give you about running this program. I have no info on running it.

Note:
This Phoenix-Firestorm-Releasex64-6-6-14-69596 directory that has all the uncompressed files in it, that run the program.

You can copy it to the /opt/ directory

Make a desktop icon to run it by dragging and dropping the firestorm file on the desktop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Usually in Puppy Linux the analog output is what provides sound.

Example setting for my computer.

Screenshot(1).jpg
Screenshot(1).jpg (81.7 KiB) Viewed 2017 times

Forum Global Moderator

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Sound works perfectly. The idea was to get that voice chat working.

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Ubuntu 22.04 and later, and Debian 12 (testing/sid) and later:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libidn12:i386 libstdc++6:i386 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio:i386
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.12 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.11

Debian 12 users may also need to install libuuid1:i386

sudo apt install libuuid1:i386
this could also be the problem. I need to find out how to FossaPup64 to download these. or what programs to install from the Puppy Package manager.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Lordsyke wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:46 pm

Ubuntu 22.04 and later, and Debian 12 (testing/sid) and later:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libidn12:i386 libstdc++6:i386 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio:i386
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.12 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libidn.so.11

Debian 12 users may also need to install libuuid1:i386

sudo apt install libuuid1:i386
this could also be the problem. I need to find out how to FossaPup64 to download these. or what programs to install from the Puppy Package manager.

dpkg --add architecture i386 installs the 32-bit architecture into appropriate folders of a system capable of handling 'multi-architectures'. You need to change Puppys. Fossapup64 is not multi-arch. The 32-bit compatibility SFS was developed as a work-around; usually sufficient, but in your case not. The dpkg --add architecture i386 and the others just can't be done.

I recommend trying dimkr's VanillaDpup, viewforum.php?f=183, I think 9.3 but haven't followed dpup close enough. You also might try Bookwork64, viewtopic.php?p=89020#p89020, but ask first. I think very highly of this Puppy, but don't know if it can handle multi-architecture.

There are other alternatives. The DebianDogs, viewforum.php?f=22 and FatDog, viewforum.php?f=59 are multi-architure. But, again ask on their Sections for advice.

Similar to the above advice, you might consider OSes on the Kennel Linux Section. These portablize major distos using a different mechanism. The result, for example, is that with KLU-Jam you run Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy) as a portable. There are both newer and more developed Kennel-OSes, so it's best to ask for advice.

The quoted commands AS-IS are valid for each OS I specifically mentioned with the exception of FatDog. And while valid for KLU-Jam, other Kernel-Oses would use similar, but different, commands.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Lordsyke :-

TBH, if you're that concerned about getting every last feature of a primarily Windows-based app working, the best option is always going to be to run it in its intended, native environment. Windows. There's no shame in it; many here run multiple platforms, and all have their reasons for doing so.

WINE is good - and keeps on getting better - but it still has limitations. And Puppy often has limitations compared to standard, mainstream distros, due to its slightly unusual approach to many things. We're pretty good at finding 'workarounds' for most problems, though..!

T'other Mike's right, I'm afraid. With few exceptions - which I too am not certain about - the majority of Pups are definitely NOT multi-arch.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Could I dualboot My Fossapup with the Debian or FatDog? in the mean time I may have too have it on my windows 11 Ghost Spectre drive

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Lordsyke Yes, I believe so.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Lordsyke wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Could I dualboot My Fossapup with the Debian or FatDog? in the mean time I may have too have it on my windows 11 Ghost Spectre drive

Yes, definitely, but ask on the FatDog thread about any special instructions needed for it. All Puppys, 'DebianDogs' and Kennel-OSes are designed to only need their own respective folders and a boot-manager that recognizes them as an operating system. Essentially, they are all portables even if they occupy an entire partition.

Regarding 'a boot-manager that recognizes them as an operating system' once you have one running Puppy --in your case, Fossapup64-- there are several choices. I'll mention only the two most popular. You'll find FrugalPup on the Setup Submenu. See this thread for instructions, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 958#p17958 and follow the link to hundido's post. While both my post and hundido's described using a small Fat32 partition on a USB-Key to hold the boot-loader and its associated files (including those relating to UEFI), such Fat32 partition could also be the one you already have on your hard-drive.

Personally, I use grub2config, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 703#p29703 and a semi-manual approach. It's never failed to provide a boot-menu which offered to boot all my Puppys, other LInux operating systems, and Windows. My approach is to Left-Click an ISO (to mount it) and then copy the necessary system files --see this thread, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 457#p96457-- into a Puppys folder. Since I already have a Fat32 partition to hold the boot-loader and Puppys system files are in their respective folders there's nothing more to do beyond running grub2config and selecting the Fat32 partition to hold the boot-loader. It will search the entire computer and generate a grub2 boot-loader and a grub.cfg file on that partition. The grub.cfg file will have listings for all operating systems.

There is one other step I recommend without regard for which boot manager is used. They all recognize the medium on which each Puppy is located and will write the stanzas for those booted from a hard-drive to employ PupMode12. I prefer PupMode13 with Save Interval set to zero. See the discussion here, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=9384.

To change from PupMode12 to PupMode13, open grub.cfg in a text editor. Look for the line beginning with the command 'linux'. Look for an argument 'pmedia=' on that line. If it reads 'pmedia=atahd' or is absent, change or include the argument to read pmedia=ataflash. After you've booted into that Puppy open Menu>System>Puppy Event Manager, click the Save Session Tab, check or change Save Interval to 0/zero and, if necessary, put a check in the "Ask at shutdown" box; otherwise it doesn't Ask and automatically writes to media. With Saving so configured, while "Save" is high-lighted the default routine is "No Save". Pressing 'Enter' will execute a Save. If you do nothing, Puppy will reboot in 60 seconds without Saving.

@rockedge & @radky, Is BookPup64 capable of handling multi-architecture?

Lordskye, unfortunately I am not able to keep track of all Puppys, their features and limitations. Anyone is entitled to create a Puppy using woof, or remaster one already created, and publish their version. While every Puppy has many features in common each is in some way unique, there are currently over 6,000 variants published and at least 20 being actively maintained.

Last edited by mikeslr on Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Yeah so Fossapup64 cannot run 32 bit packages. But what about bionicpup32? My answer may be to dual boot that with the Fossa64 maybe? And another option may be to just get the wine5.0 or that appimage thingy working and use it to run the windows drivers. But I think some above hinted that this still may not work. So it's either one of these options. Or there may be some libndo12 or something packages, but they may not be in the Puppy Package Manager list, unless somebody knows how to tell Puppy's Terminal how to install it without "get" or Apt"

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Edit, Read next post first.

No, Bionicpup64 is also not multi-arch. Re-read my post about your options. https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 731#p96731. I pretty (but not positively) certain that of the Puppys only Vanilla Dpup can and BookwormPup64 may be constructed to properly handle 32-bit architecture in addition to 64-bit architecture.

I'm hesitant to suggest FatDog as I haven't run any version in the last 5 years. Unlike other Puppys which are created using the binaries of major distros, the FatDog Team now compiles binaries literally 'from scratch' using an application known as 'Linux from Scratch'. That means they have much more control and a much better understanding of FatDog's potential. But it also means that the commands you find on the internet for debian or Ubuntu may have to be translated or may not work at all. As I suggested, its best to ask for advice on FatDog's thread.

Yous is not the first post seeking advice about both MikeWalsh's Wine-portable and Wine-tricks. AFAIK, as I wrote, no one on the internet has been able to get Wine Tricks to work with 64-bit Wine implementations. What wine does is create one or more folders (called prefixes) into which libraries are located. WineTricks is actually a Linux (not Windows) program which accesses a repository and downloads files into a 32-bit prefix. MikeWalsh's Wine-portable makes use of an AppImage which includes all necessary 64-bit libraries and the minimal files necessary for the user to 'build' a 32-bit prefix in the use's personal folder. But under Puppys, /root is the personal folder and /root is copied into RAM. A 32-bit Wine prefix will, IIRC, use over a Gb of RAM even if you aren't running any Window programs. What MikeWalsh did was move that out of /root into his portable's folder. So, while untested, what may be possible is, if you can find and download the required libraries you can manually copy them into the appropriate folder within the portable folder.

What may also be possible is to run a 32-bit Puppy into which you've installed Wine and everything you need in a Chroot. Setting that up is complicated and limiting, viewtopic.php?p=33971&sid=c7276b2e4adb7 ... 91#p33971 . But this discussion has triggered a memory of an easier possibility even under Fossapup64: Play-on-Linux.

Be back in a minute after I switch to my laptop. Access via wifi of my desktop in the basement is getting 'spotty'.

Edit, See my next post which explains why I've stricken the following.
PlayOnLinux is a front end for Linux which enable you to install many versions of Wine into their own prefixes. I've only used the AppImage, viewtopic.php?p=30936#p30936, but I know that it can be installed via Puppy Package Manager. Fossapup64 offers version 4.3.4. I don't personally know if the installed version will work OOTB.

Typing 'playonlinux' inthttps://psearch.puppylinux.com/o https://psearch.puppylinux.com/ reveals 44 posts and that mouldy has had considerable success with, what I think, is the 'installed' version.

That may be your way forward.

Last edited by mikeslr on Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Lordsyke,

Did you try the Linux version to which bigpup provided the link? That is a native 64bit Linux version. I don't know why it should need 32bit libraries for anything.

Or are you still trying to run the Window's version under Wine?

Where did you get the instructions to install 32-bit system and libraries? : please provide website's URL.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Lordsyke wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:28 pm

This works amazingly and easily with Ubuntu and Xubuntu and even Debian, and yes I have that 32bit compatability sfs already and it's working. do I install the 32 or 64 bit appimage? I assume the 64 bit I still don't quite understand if this things something I need to use "with the wine5.0" instead of the Winetricks, Or if I need to use this "instead of Fossapups64's bit default "wine"

First need to know if Fossapup64 9.5 is a frugal or live install??
If you are not sure.
Specifically how you did the install will tell us.
Must have specific details on how you did it???

Fossapup64 9.5 can run 32bit Linux software if you have the Fossapup64 32bit compatibility SFS downloaded to /mnt/home/ and loaded into the file system by using SFS-Load-On-The-Fly program.
I am not sure you did this.

do I install the 32 or 64 bit appimage?

You have to be very specific about questions and information.
What appimage???

The big problem is we really do not understand what you are trying to do???
So far, non of us have used this program(s) you are trying to use.

Tell us this and be specific in the details.

You do this in Ubuntu and it works OK.

So tell us exactly what you do??
Specific details???

Is firestorm viewer what is running or something running in the viewer???

Did you try the Linux version of Firestorm Viewer??????
Or is that what you are using?????

Forum Global Moderator

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Forget about playonlinux. Both the AppImage and the deb you can install via PPM are 4 years old. The versions you can install using either are of that date, older than the last version reported on WineHq used to test firestorm-viewer; and even with the version last reported by WineHq there were problems with sound.
Despite that I tried both. Installing the 'deb' I discovered that it would not run as root. Adding 'run-as-spot' to the command to open it enabled its use; but then provided no way to install the firestorm-viewer: it could not find the spot directory into which the downloaded exe had to be placed.
Even though the AppImage ran as root, I could also not find a way to execute firestorm-viewer's exe. Not sure why. I'm pretty sure that four years ago I was able to run an windows program not offered by PlayonLinux's GUI. But that may have been using an OS other than a Bionicpup64 about which I posted. Perhaps mouldy can provide a step by step recipe as for installing programs.

@Lordsyke Please answer the questions I asked here, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 829#p96829. If the native Linux 64-bit package is satisfactory, there's no reason to pursue this further. And if not, my best guess at this point is that you may have greater success with a different portable operating system such as VanillaDpup or one of the Kennel-OSes. These, as aforesaid, function more like the 'Source' distros which were employed in their creation.
While I have no interest in running firestorm-viewer and certainly will not register in order to do so, I am willing to put some effort into installing firestorm --either as a native Linux application or a program to run under Wine-- just to see what complications may arise in doing so. Obviously, such effort is unnecessary if the native 64-bit application is satisfactory under Fossapup64.
This, however, this may be an instance in which a variation of bigpup's advice --'Keep Windows, use Puppy' is appropriate. Keep the Linux/Windows under which firestorm-viewer works to your satisfaction; use Puppy for 'everything' else.

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Yes I'm using the LINUX Version. The thing is the voice always does nothing. I hear no one and no one hears me. When it's switched on it shows a green dot over your head. I run my Puppy64 through an SD card and boot from the default option at the top, which I am sure boots into and from the ram automatically. So there must be something else I need to install. But what if it's a Linux file that's not available in the Puppy Package Manager like pip? and if it is 32bit only then you're telling Fossapup64 would work with that package automatically! It's beginning to seem like I need to get a hold of the Firestorm team from here or try another puppy. How much mb or gb does Vanilla take up when dual booted along side the Fossa?

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

OOTB, VanillaDpup will take up about 400Mbs of storage space. How much additional storage would be needed for the things you install will depend on what you will install. But if firestorm-viewer works under VanillaDpup you won't need Fossapup64 anymore since --except for tools Fossapup64 uses to manage your desktop-- VanillaDpup can use the same or similar applications. Awhile ago I wrote this thread about the small applications I thought were useful that VanillaDpup didn't have built-in. I haven't setup a newer version. https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 513#p69513

If you post your grub.cfg or menu.lst used to boot Fossapup64, I'll take a stab at providing a stanza for booting VanillaDpup just by manually editing it.

p.s. I think I found the page where you obtained the instructions. https://my.secondlife.com/xocel/picks/d ... f9f0d3416c. It's undated, a very annoying cultural phenomena for a system that evolves very quickly. And its odd, uncaring and sloppy that a 64-bit application requires 32-bit components to be fully usable.

Note the additional dependency when debian rather than Ubuntu is the OS:

"Debian 12 users may also need to install libuuid1:i386
sudo apt install libuuid1:i386"

Better specifically ask dimkr on the DpupVanilla Section, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewforum.php?f=183 whether any version has be 'locked' to prevent running the commands. My flaky memory of what I tried to do under Bookworm (built from debian 12 binaries) was that one or more of the commands had been. In a post replying to different locked command dimkr explained how to unlock, but gave the working that something might break.
There are several versions of VanillaDpup: the 9's were build from debian 11, the 10s from debian 12 and there are several alternative ISO for the 10s. Better ask dimkr with which he thinks you'll have the best chance of succeeding.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Yes I'm using the LINUX Version. The thing is the voice always does nothing. I hear no one and no one hears me. When it's switched on it shows a green dot over your head

Have you setup sound to work in Fossapup64 9.5 in general?

Have you used the menu ->Setup -> ALSA sound Wizard?
Used the settings programs to setup the correct sound device, sound levels, and tested to see that it works.

This is required before any program will provide sound.

Puppy is not that good at auto setting up the sound device to use.

Usually if given multiple selections of devices.
The analog one is correct for Puppy.

I already showed you in my earlier post where to select the correct sound output device for Firestorm to use.
But it has to be the one that has been setup for Fossapup64 to generally use for sound!

Forum Global Moderator

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

mikeslr wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:21 pm

Better ask dimkr with which he thinks you'll have the best chance of succeeding.

To get 32-bit Wine in 64-bit Vanilla Dpup:

Code: Select all

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt update
apt install wine32

(Same installation instructions as in Debian)

(This will work in any version and any flavor, except the "retro" flavor which doesn't have apt)

(Should also work in Bookworm Pup64)

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Thanks, dimkr, for responding to my question.

@Lordsyke, Today I decided to explore josejp2424's Devuan Daedalus-Mate. https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 846#p93846*. josejp2424 offers several desktop choices. I've always liked the Puppys josejp2424 publishes but haven't used the Mate 'desktop' in sometime so will have to re-learn its peculiarities, such as how to get applications to open with a single click.

Daedalus has both Puppy Package Manager and Synaptic builtin. Haven't yet to try to just employ apt, but think it must be present as a component of Synaptic. At any rate, Wine can be installed via either and is at Version 8. But both also offer to install Proton and some Proton-related applications including something called Proton-tricks. Being unfamiliar with Proton I googled and got the follow information as its first response:

"As a reminder: Wine is a translation layer that runs Windows apps and games on other platforms including Linux. Proton is what Valve use on Linux Desktop and Steam Deck to run many thousands of games and Wine is part of Proton!"

Daedalus seems nice 'thoug slow on my system; but as I wrote maybe I just haven't worked out how to configure it yet. So for now, thanks to dimkr's response, I'd still suggest VanillaDpup. But you might want to investigate whether it also offers Proton and whether Proton may be a better option for firestorm-viewer than 'just' Wine.

-=-=-=-=
* Don't try to download if your download folder is in /root/Downloads while that folder is in RAM and not a symlink to somewhere outside of RAM; and probably not via palemoon web-browser.

Last edited by mikewalsh on Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling corrections...
Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

I think Dimkr said to just get the VanillaDPup. Some other guy says to get the Datalis Mate or however it's spelled. Some up above said to take a good look at the sound and audio to make sure it's 100# functional and error free, and you know I'm having problems getting my cd drive to run and playback music CDs and some guy in hexchat told me to punch something into the terminal to see why DeadBeef isn't detecting the cd names and lengths and whatever of the album or it's tracks and it found a package missing or something and gave a ton of errors downstream. So I'll take one final look at this and do what that guy said before I change OS's like that guy said.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Read my last post again and do what it says you need to do.

Forum Global Moderator

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Uh yeah I have complete functional audio output of both my main speakers and the the usb keyboard I use for voicechat that works perfectly on Discord and I've set firestorm manually to my keyboard and "just the voice" Still doesn't work. I'll try setting it manually in the main before starting into Firestorm, and see if upon loading it just works this time. If not then 1, There's some package upstream that needs fixing, I suspect this one actually, as the DeaDBeeF can't properlly detect the cd placed in, it detects that track number, but not the metadata, names or length or format of the tracks, and thus plays back nothing, My next solution is to Just make sure everything important is backed up and change this Package to VanillaDPup, which is sure will work and if not has better terminal use, only 100mb more which is fine and will still boot from Ram ultra fast like this so it's like I upgraded to a better OS for my specs, or 3, troubleshoot it with the Firestorm Team, may be some missing package that if I look in the Puppy Package Manager is right there and I just download it and magic!

Return to “Fossapup64”