simplescreenrecorder: no loopback options

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

boof

simplescreenrecorder: no loopback options

Post by boof »

it used to work, but i don't know what happened. it suddenly went quiet on playback. dell optilex 3060? using large hdmi port on upper back left , rear view for 58in 4khd tv as monitor port number not known. have video, can record it. no audio in vu bars in preview.

i use the hdmi for audio, afaik it's on in the bios, and on in retrovol. no longer in ssr audio source menu. only analog options, no hdmi
options.. equalizer is on, can't see where to adjust it's settings. default should work. i don't want do fresh os install again, still have old save file backup-but that's dead too. i'll download fresh os and replace old files. i sleep in a lift-recliner chair with mouse in hand and computer on. anything is possible.

pp4mnklinux

Re: simplescreenrecorder: no loopback options

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi, @boof and good morning.

I'm not an expert about SSR (I prefer XVIDCAP) but NOone answered you and its possible this solve your situation, because It sounds like there may be an issue with the audio settings on your Dell Optiplex 3060.

Usually, the simply could be the solution although you had tested it, so I think that It's possible that the HDMI audio output was accidentally disabled in the system settings, causing the audio to no longer be detected by Simple Screen Recorder, to solve this you must check your audio settings.

Some times, the problem is in SSR, so, you can check its settings: Make sure that you have selected the correct audio source in Simple Screen Recorder. To do this, open the program and go to "File" > "Preferences" > "Audio." Make sure that the HDMI audio output is selected as the audio source.

You can start with this suggestion, becaus as I said, sometimes, the easier solution is the valuable one, haha, so you can try a different HDMI port or cable: It's possible that the HDMI port or cable you are using is not working properly.

As I said those are some ideas that someone with more competence on puppy linux can make better.

Have a nice day, I hope everything will be solved.

~

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI ====> https://puppyxfcefusilli.wordpress.com/

boof

Post by boof »

over-wrote OS with new iso download. kept old savefile.
some improvement. now have loopback as source, but no sound anywhere.
ssr sources lists only loopback and analog.
audio>settings >hardware lists only pcm and digital. no other options
bios only turns int spkr off [true]and intel soundcard on/off [on] or auto
no hdmi controls in bios.
checked hdmi cable - small movement when pushed, but no change.
i offer remote viewer only [screenleap.com] access to my machine to a helper with phone link to sort this. i really don't want to start another savefile, but i can if i must. i'll experiment with one and if i can make it work again i'll be back to ask how to merge savefiles to keep all new content and what's left. i really am working blind, i have very little understanding of what i'm doing. barry kauler isn't far away, but it's unreasonable to bother him with my problems. don't know of any other local help. not a member of PerthLinuxUsersGroup, been years since last meet w them.

edit 1
fresh save file
no options in audio>settings>hardware
soundcard [hdmi0] working. was not avail before.
sound working whilst watching stream
ssr>audio input choices analog/bluetooth only, no recorded sound

edit 2
have not installed pulse audio-don't know which parts I need. forgotten how to use apulse for stable chrome or firefox. something is missing, many options that no longer appear? installed later ssr w scheduler-no change.

edit 3
failing all that, will someone pls provide a detailed response of how to config VLC or something else to record a video stream for playback from chrome. SSR was only used because it was suggested by a forumite and seemed viable. Now that's not the case, I have to look elsewhere.

edit4
last try. I'll connect a Laser v8, v9 or v10 set top box and set save times, connect to USB to save only the *.mkv output, rather than swap USB sticks about every day.
NB I do not know how to save a data stream from an unidentified USB port - guidance will be needed-thx.

edit 5
audio from chrome had stopped on primary save file. deleted and re-installed chrome-no fix.
cured by making another save file and downloading chrome, then copying /etc/* from new savefile to old, but still no recording sound in ssr. at least i have working audio in real time and all my old configs. I will sort the Lazer stb tomorrow, and hope i have all the hardware for it. thx. i will need help to save the incoming usb stream.

boof

Re: simplescreenrecorder: no loopback options - solved

Post by boof »

my solution is a set top box acting as timed DVR using spare HDMI TV input and a universal remote operating both. 16GB USB a bit small, but it'll do.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

You seem to be having problems getting a good install and save.

What type device is Fossapup64 installed on?
Internal drive, USB flash drive, SD card, etc.....??

What format is the partition Fossapup64 is installed on?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “Fossapup64”