How to slow typematic rrate for mouse bbuttttonns?

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

boof

How to slow typematic rrate for mouse bbuttttonns?

Post by boof »

can't see how to do ii. my stiff fingers are too slow when using virtual krd. thxx

Flash

Re: How to slow typematic rrate for mouse bbuttttonns?

Post by Flash »

Try Menu -> Desktop -> pupX set properties of X -> Keyboard. I don't know if that works for a virtual keyboard though.

Chaos coordinator :?
boof

Post by boof »

pupx only has sccreensaver optionns. touchpad is off. I'l turn it on and see ii that helps.

edit:
no, no fix, even at 175mS.

250mS might be ok. no, not enough.

300mS. last chance. still not enuf.

should i edit mousekeys filles- looks like 27mS delays, or is that just bbor contacct bbouncces?

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

boof wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:00 am

can't see how to do ii. my stiff fingers are too slow when using virtual krd. thxx

What virtual keyboard are you using?

Should be some settings in it.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

boof

Post by boof »

florence no oppttiioon

don't understand xvkbd

does automattiic~ mean if i hover long enough over a key it will press it for me?

yes works fine.
thx

Last edited by boof on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

From Florence documentation.
https://florence.sourceforge.net/englis ... tml#config

That timer method may provide what you need.

I use it on a different virtual keyboard.
Do have to try a few settings to get the best timing setting.

Input methods

Florence can be used with 4 different input methods. Each method has advantages and drawbacks. It is up to you to select the right one for your usage pattern.

1. The default input method is the "mouse" method. This is adapted for mouse/trackpad input. It is pretty straightforward. Just click on the key with a mouse button to press it. Release the mouse button to release the key. The advantage of this method is its simplicity. It does not require learning. The drawback is that is requires a pointing device with a button and that the user is able to use it.

2. The second input method is the "touch" method. This is adapted for touch screen input. The difference with the mouse input method is that it not possible to touch the keyboard without clicking. In this mode, the keys are pressed on touch end.

3. The next method is the "timer" method. Use this method if you are unable to use a button. Point a key with the pointer and a timer is triggered. When the timer expires, the key is pressed and immediately released. The timer is cancelled if the pointer leaves the key. Note you can still press a mouse button to activate the key if you have one available. The advantage of this method is that it does not require a button. The drawbacks are that it is slower than the button method and that you can not hold a key pressed.

4. The last method is the "ramble" method. Like the timer method, the ramble method does not require a button. This method can be faster than the timer method but requires dexterity and training to be used efficiently. The ramble method can be passive: no button necessary, or active: deaf while the pointer button is not pressed. There are two sub-methods for rambling.

The time-based ramble method requires good timing. While you move the pointer, Florence will detect keys that are to be activated based on the time the pointer stays over them. With this method, you can press the same key multiple times by moving the pointer to near the border of the key and back to the center. This method can be pretty fast with good training.

The distance-based ramble method requires some dexterity to be used efficiently. The distance the pointer moves over the key is measured and the key is activated when it reaches a threshold. The key can be pressed multiple times by moving the pointer over the key repeatedly. A second threshold is there to detect multiple occurences. To use this meth

Forum Global Moderator

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

don't understand xvkbd

does automatic~ mean if i hover long enough over a key it will press it for me?

Yes.
You can set the time it takes, before it auto clicks the key.

Forum Global Moderator

Return to “Fossapup64”