How to add Indian language fonts to Foassapup? (solved)

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

anand

How to add Indian language fonts to Foassapup? (solved)

Post by anand »

I wish to add indian language fonts in fossapup64. I got indian languages
fonts from lipikaar.com. i put fonts in /use/share/fonts. When I visited
google.co.in. I was able to see all Indian languages Google is offered.
After rebooting all Indian language fonts disappear from /usr/share/fonts
iam using pendrive for fossapup64 . I have saved the session. Please help

Last edited by bigpup on Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added solved to show fix was found
user1234

Re: Indian languages fonts

Post by user1234 »

First of all :welcome: to the kennels.

I have answered the same question here. Well I have created two .zip files which can be found there. I have even described a way to install fonts.

Internationalization sub-forum of this forum may provide more information.

PuppyLinux 🐾 gives new life to old computers ✨

mikeslr

Re: How to add Indian language fonts to Foassapup?

Post by mikeslr »

Edit: Re-Read your post, anand. Now realize that you booted from a USB-Stick. So the likely cause is that you didn't execute a Save before or while shutting down when the fonts were on your system. Repeat what you did, but execute a Save while the fonts are on your system. See below.
-=-=-=-=-=---
anand, I'm writing before finishing my first cup of coffee, so I may have missed something. But what you reported doing seems to be that which user1234 instructs in the thread he cited.

It appears that something went wrong. By default Puppys booted from a hard-drive operate under PupMode12: When you change something it is automatically written to your storage medium and will persist when you reboot.

Are you running Fossapup64 from a USB-stick, or if from a hard-drive having followed the instructions to 'trick' it into working as if it were from a USB-Stick? That condition is known as PupMode13. Under PupMode13, your changes only exist in a portion in RAM until a Save is executed. Before Saving you can test the effects of a change by Menu>Exit>Restart Graphical Server (AKA Restart-x). This causes Puppy to 're-catalog' what makes up its System. But a reboot without Saving clears RAM and wipes anything new from the System. [Which is why I like PupMode13: I can experiment, screw-up, and easily recover by not Saving. It also means that malware forced onto my system while surfing is also wiped]. But you do have to remember to Save before or while shutting down.

If you are operating under PupMode12 or PupMode13 and executed a Save before or while shutting down, then the problem isn't 'Human Error'. Something went wrong with your system.

Before doing anything else, file-browse into /usr/share/fonts and see if the fonts you installed are still there. If they are, then for some reason your system isn't displaying them. Let us know if that's the case.

anand

Re: How to add Indian language fonts to Foassapup?

Post by anand »

Thanks for all help.
I increased personal storage file size. I used menu utility resize personal storage file. This solved the problem.

Return to “Fossapup64”