yuan

Winecfg error in Fossapup64 9.5

Post by yuan »

hi,all
I have problems when I run winecfg.

Code: Select all

root# export WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/root/.winecad
root# winecfg
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
0020:err:plugplay:try_add_device Building report descriptor failed, removing device
0020:err:plugplay:try_add_device Building report descriptor failed, removing device
Wine cannot find the ncurses library (libncurses.so.5).
0009:err:module:load_so_dll failed to load .so lib "/usr/bin/../lib32/wine/l3codeca.acm.so": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The above problem also occurred during the next AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe installation.

root# wine "/root/AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe"

error message:

Error
X The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of
the progran

How should I fix it?
Thanks!

Last edited by yuan on Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
mikewalsh

Re: Winecfg error

Post by mikewalsh »

Does AutoCAD even run under WINE? :?

Silly question, perhaps, but where did you get WINE from? And what version? Is it 'standard' WINE, or WINE64?

If AutoCAD is, as I suspect, 32-bit, then it won't run under WINE64. When installing WINE, you don't look to install a version of WINE to match your Puppy's architecture, you look to install a version that matches the architecture of the Windows program you want it to run. For a 32-bit version of WINE, this also means loading the 32-bit_compat_libs SFS for your Puppy.....

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I will guess you have the 32bit version of Wine.

Use Quickpet program. (icon on desktop to run it)

Quickpet->Useful-> select 32bit compatibility SFS
This should download and load this SFS package, so you can run 32bit software.

SFS packages are a special type of software package.
They do not install, but are loaded, as a layer, in the layered file system Puppy uses.
They act like they are installed.
To not have them in the file system, you unload the SFS package.

Loading and unloading SFS packages can be done using the program SFS-Load-On-The-Fly.

This is some information, about installing software in Puppy, you probably need to know about.
https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=1819

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

yuan

Post by yuan »

I have been running AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe with Wine64.It can be installed and running under bionicpup64,Of course there are other Puppy Linux.I hope you can test the Wine64-5.5_v4.1_9.5.pet of the FOSSA64 system.
I installed wine64-5.5_v4.1_9.5.pet from QuickPet, and loaded 32bit-compatibilty-fossa64.sfs module.
Command in terminal:

root# wine "/root/Downloads/AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe“

Thanks!

yuan

Re: Winecfg error in Fossapup64 9.5

Post by yuan »

hi,all
I redownloaded the "AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe" program and it was able to be installed and run.I am estimated to be the problem of software download. However, there are still some error messages during the installation process.

Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

You are still trying to run a 32 bit Windows program in a 64 bit Wine environment...That is what the errors referencing "wrong ELF class" are trying
to tell you. ELF is short for "executable Linux file". The ONLY solution is to uninstall the Wine64 pet, then download the regular 32bit Wine pet,
as well as the 32_bit compat file and install those. Then try your wine winecfg to setup a 32 bit environment which you install your autocad into,
Wiz

Signature available upon request

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

yuan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:40 am

hi,all
I redownloaded the "AutoCAD2004mini_v0.2.exe" program and it was able to be installed and run.I am estimated to be the problem of software download. However, there are still some error messages during the installation process.

OK, you want us to guess at what the errors are, so we can guess at how to fix them? :roll:

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Wiz57 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:42 pm

You are still trying to run a 32 bit Windows program in a 64 bit Wine environment...That is what the errors referencing "wrong ELF class" are trying
to tell you. ELF is short for "executable Linux file".

ELF = Executable and Linkable Format

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executabl ... ble_Format

(I wasn't at all sure about this myself. Your explanation sounded about right, but I looked it up on Wikipedia to read more about it, and, well.....there ya go.)

It's one of those things we all of us see so often that after a while it simply becomes part of the furniture. It no longer "registers" any more.....

Mike. ;)

MrDuckGuy

Post by MrDuckGuy »

When a user installs the 32-bit compatibility utility, after installing, should the user open a terminal window and run the 'ldconfig' command, otherwise the 32-bit compatibility won't be implemented, even if it's installed?

2022-02-16-0115-Screenshot.png
2022-02-16-0115-Screenshot.png (53.19 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Feek

Post by Feek »

MrDuckGuy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:16 am

When a user installs the 32-bit compatibility utility, after installing, should the user open a terminal window and run the 'ldconfig' command, otherwise the 32-bit compatibility won't be implemented, even if it's installed?

Every time I needed 32-bit compatibility in Fossapup64, it worked after loading the 32-bit compatibility .sfs on-the-fly without having to do anything else.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

MrDuckGuy wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:16 am

2022-02-16-0115-Screenshot.png

As I understand it, the idea of running 'ldconfig' immediately after loading is that it allows the setting-up of a whole bunch of sym-links & other stuff, without which the 32-bit component of the 'multi-arch' environment won't function correctly. At least, that's the explanation that's always been given, so I've always followed accepted practice.....and to date (where I've used that setup), it hasn't given me any problems.

Mike. ;)

MrDuckGuy

Post by MrDuckGuy »

I remember the first few times the forum told me that I needed to run this, it took more than a week to get it to work.

I kept on typing it in, over and over again.
I was typing "ID" config, instead of "LD" config!

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

MrDuckGuy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:40 pm

I remember the first few times the forum told me that I needed to run this, it took more than a week to get it to work.

I kept on typing it in, over and over again.
I was typing "ID" config, instead of "LD" config!

Um....yeah. Not everyone who posts that information makes it clear that the first letter is a small "L", as opposed to a "1".

Puts a whole different 'spin' on things (as in, the system doesn't recognise it.....)

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

Return to “Fossapup64”