swap file not loading causing (?) saved pups to not boot

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

FredW

swap file not loading causing (?) saved pups to not boot

Post by FredW »

Suddenly my saved pups are refusing to load. I enter the number of a saved puppy, the boot starts but with an error message (in red) that the "swap file" didn't load, and when FossaPup comes up on the screen I'm in a fresh OS with the setup dialog box. Yesterday it was working fine. I've tried two different saved files and the same thing happens with each one. Also, from the new pup I can open the saved file and it appears that all the files in \root are the ones I expect to be there, so I don't think it's the file itself. I used LICK to install frugal Fossa into a Windows 10 folder on my C drive, so the boot instructions are the ones from LICK.

FredW

Re: swap file not loading causing (?) saved pups to not boot

Post by FredW »

Well, it's working now! I had the same thing happen when I booted into Bionic. Then I tried Tahr64, and that worked OK. I went back and tried Fossa again, and it worked.

While in Tahr I looked up and found pupswap.swp to make sure it existed, because I think that was what Fossa had not been finding. So I don't know why Fossa is now working, but I'm glad it is because it's my main squeeze! I just keep Windows around for occasional tasks that I don't know how to do in Puppy.

Return to “Fossapup64”