Error report from Opera in Fossapup (Not in SFS !)

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

April

Error report from Opera in Fossapup (Not in SFS !)

Post by April »

I decided to give fossapup64-9.5 a try . I d/l the iso and checked the md5 but my machine would not boot from that complaining that it could not find the fossapup64.sfs file .

It was there and readable so I had no idea why it skipped it.

So I copied all the files on my DVD onto my hard drive and then booted from there which went fine .
So I have been merrily working through having a look and getting stuff to run. Downloaded Opera and it installed OK.

When I closed down and restarted a couple of times I noticed an error massage on the startup screen which looks like this:-

Opera

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=5ee1aaefc6ba90aec7300228f94be8da7a16a41e, stripped

Anyone know whats going on? Some of the Facebook videos wont run either.

Last edited by April on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

bigpup

Re: Error report somewhere in opera

Post by bigpup »

Did you get Opera from Quickpet or some other place?
What version of Opera?

Have you run Quickpet->Info->Fossapup updates,
Saved and rebooted, so new changes are being used?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

April

Post by April »

Opera version is the latest yesterday straight from their repo. . Your version is 75.0.3969.171

Yes I did do the update thing and the reboot etc a number of times

I get the message coming up on the loading screen when I boot into xenialpup64-7.5 root login on tty1 about 23 times before it starts the x desktop and because I just copied all of the fossapup distro files straight to my hard drive so its caused by a change to one of the basic root files I guess .

Can't copy the bootup screen but I'll alt /control/F1 into it and write down the line I get. Yeh its as I put it above but first line only .

ERROR: ld.so.'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3-socsd.so.0 from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file):ignored

The same line plus the ELF line comes up on the copy file rox filer .

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

April

Post by April »

I'm getting this error report on every copy I do .

Copying /mnt/sdc1/ben harper as /mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Music/ben harper
Copying /mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Show me a little Shame.mp3 as /mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Music/ben harper/Ben Harper - Show me a little Shame.mp3
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
Failed to copy '/mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Show me a little Shame.mp3'
Copying /mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Suzie Blue.mp3 as /mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Music/ben harper/Ben Harper - Suzie Blue.mp3
Failed to copy '/mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Suzie Blue.mp3'
Copying /mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - The Woman in you.mp3 as /mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Music/ben harper/Ben Harper - The Woman in you.mp3
Failed to copy '/mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - The Woman in you.mp3'
Copying /mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Two Hands of a Prayer.mp3 as /mnt/home/TempSaveKenny/Music/ben harper/Ben Harper - Two Hands of a Prayer.mp3
Failed to copy '/mnt/sdc1/ben harper/Ben Harper - Two Hands of a Prayer.mp3'

Done
There were 4 errors.

April

Re: Error report from Opera in Fossapup

Post by April »

Looking into it, for some reason, the link to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ is back to ./ and I have not found where it should link to.

In fact I have now found it does not seem to appear in the fossapup64-9.5.sfs ?
I'll post it on the distro thread...OOps ,this is the distro thread .

There is no /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3-nocsd.so.0 in the sfs.
There is a /usr/lib/gtk-3 in the sfs but not much in there.

Fossapupsfs.jpg
Fossapupsfs.jpg (120.64 KiB) Viewed 279 times

ThruHammer

Re: Error report from Opera in Fossapup (Not in SFS !)

Post by ThruHammer »

You no doubt installed their deb.

What if you uninstall and dump its user content. Does the error persist?

Grey

Post by Grey »

April wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 am

Opera

ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=5ee1aaefc6ba90aec7300228f94be8da7a16a41e, stripped

This error message can be seen in Fossapup when launching a bunch of programs. There is only one advice - if the program works, then ignore this message.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

April

Post by April »

Grey wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 am

This error message can be seen in Fossapup when launching a bunch of programs. There is only one advice - if the program works, then ignore this message.

Yes indeed . The directory referred to is not there in the ",sfs" . Thats the problem.

Grey

Post by Grey »

I launched Opera in Fossapup running in QEMU. Both versions of Opera work, the new 75 and the old 63 from your recent post. At the same time, there are a LOT of errors in the terminal (your error is not present), but all of them are not critical and do not affect the overall operation of the program.
Opera was once my favorite browser when the Norwegians from Oslo made it. Not now.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

April

Post by April »

Yes . They run OK but the message is annoying . It comes up as an error even when copying files for me.
I'm back to xenialpup64-7.5 for now until I get this directory problem sorted out .Then I'll go try to sort out the "Spot" problem with Opera after that. Thanks Grey

I'm wondering where Phil is .
He usually chips in about now if they are under his umbrella.
Hope he's OK .

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

I am thinking your install of Fossapup64 9.5 is not good.

This is saying the libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 file is not being found to load.

Use Pfind and do a search for libgtk3-nocsd.so.0.

Is it found by Pfind?

If no.

This file is in the adrv sfs.

Maybe your manual copy to hard drive, did not go 100% good.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@bigpup :-

Actually, this bit about libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 appears to be a recent addition from Opera themselves.....over & above the normal Chromium code-base. I fired-up Opera-portable from the terminal, just to check this. Chromium-based browsers are always incredibly noisy in the terminal (they were designed this way to give an ongoing 'live' debug report); although there's frequent mentions of this new dependency, it still starts up, good as gold for me.

Which corroborates Grey's statement about it not being 'critical'.

The Opera-portable uses Fossapup's own libs when running here; it's in Bionicpup64 & older that the included 'libs' directory is used.....and this thing is not in there. And Opera still runs fine, even in my older 64-bitzers....

This IS a bit of an odd one, I'll admit. :?

-------------------------

EDIT :- Should be fixable by installing package

Code: Select all

libgtk3-nocsd0

....from the repos via PPM. Or, there's this you could try..?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/538 ... d#53825858

A 'fix' of the .bashrc config file.....

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

Post by Grey »

Let's not forget that the file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 exists, it is natively in Fossapup. But it is 64 bit. This is exactly what some programs complain about, this particular library. Therefore, it is impossible to take and simply replace it, you need to make a script to start Opera with the command "LD_PRELOAD=". And point it to the 32-bit version. Otherwise, you will "fix" Opera, but break other programs.

April, you were looking in the wrong place. This library is located in adrv_fossapup64_9.0.5.sfs

April

Post by April »

bigpup wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm

I am thinking your install of Fossapup64 9.5 is not good. Yes I'll redo that

This is saying the libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 file is not being found to load.Yes I know that

Use Pfind and do a search for libgtk3-nocsd.so.0.

Is it found by Pfind? Yes in adrv.sfs

If no.

This file is in the adrv sfs. See attached ..many links not found in there but libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 seems valid

Maybe your manual copy to hard drive, did not go 100% good.Yes I'll redo it all thanks

Fossaadrv.jpg
Fossaadrv.jpg (138.53 KiB) Viewed 262 times

Grey

Post by Grey »

Ubuntu does not provide a 32-bit version of this library for Fossa (Bionic only).
https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/libgtk3-nocsd0
But on the other hand, it clearly says that the library is responsible for decorations, design and is not critical for the operation of programs.

Return to “Fossapup64”