Driver utility for setting backlight level of A4Tech "Bloody" mouse series

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

Driver utility for setting backlight level of A4Tech "Bloody" mouse series

Post by Grey »

Today I bought a mouse "A4 Tech Bloody V7 Gaming Mouse". Not even for playing games, but as comfortable mouse. DPI switching works in Fossapap. To do this, press button 1 twice (which is the top one closer to the mouse wheel), the wheel starts blinking furiously and we set the mouse speed by rotating the wheel up and down.

It's all good. But it would be nice to turn off the mouse backlight or make it brighter or paler. I have compiled a driver utility that does this in Fossapap. The utility itself will be located in /root/my-applications/bin/bloody
Here it is in .pet:
https://yadi.sk/d/lk0HmcCMg1WZPg
Run in terminal:

Code: Select all

bloody

We look at the number in "available devices" and enter it as "device address". Then we select the backlight level from zero to three (zero - off, three - the brightest). I like the minimum - 1.

a4tech_v7.png
a4tech_v7.png (112.03 KiB) Viewed 297 times

In theory, it will work with the entire series of Bloody mice.
Perhaps in the future it is possible to make a GUI using GtkDialog or BlitzMax Basic, but for now through the terminal.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikewalsh

Re: Driver utility for setting backlight level of A4Tech "Bloody" mouse series

Post by mikewalsh »

Jeez, what are we coming to? Backlight drivers .....for MICE?

Whatever next...??!? :D

(I'm not "dissing" you, Grey - honest! - but, er, well.....talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous, hm?)

Mike. :shock: :lol:

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

Re: Driver utility for setting backlight level of A4Tech "Bloody" mouse series

Post by Grey »

It's still okay :) A4Tech offers additional paid modes of operation for these mice. It is called the proud term "Ultra Core 4".

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “Fossapup64”