Hurrican - jump and shoot game for Fossapup64

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

Hurrican - jump and shoot game for Fossapup64

Post by Grey »

Old good Hurrican compiled in Fossapup64.
If someone has forgotten, Hurrican is a freeware jump and shoot game that is based on the well known Turrican game series
https://www.winterworks.de/project/hurrican/

Run through Menu>>Fun>>Hurrican
And here's the .pet:
https://yadi.sk/d/G8J6lX6rCvlUMQ

PS. 1. You need to install libsdl-mixer1.2 from PPM if you don't have it.
2. The game has an menu option to switch language from english to others, but that does not seem to work. You may just copy the needed language file from /opt/Hurrican/lang to /opt/Hurrican/english.lng and overwrite english.lng

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

iarda1

Re: Hurrican for Fossapup64

Post by iarda1 »

Yes, almost forgotten.
Happy to recover, old style C64 intro with scroll, sprites, and so, followed by colorlines decompression.
Oldtimes revisited.

Thanks.

Any other game like this?

Try to use F96-CE non co-existing with any, without compressed and depressed redundancies, not 'frugally' forced.

Grey

Re: Hurrican for Fossapup64

Post by Grey »

iarda1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 am Any other game like this?
Well, I have a desire to make a collection of classic and not really classic 2D games for Puppy. Such as: Blazing Chrome, Rayman Origins and Legends, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Cave Story, Spelunky, Streets of Rage and in general in that spirit. There should be one shell from which the game should be launched using portable Wine, emulators or just a native Linux game. No, not like in Lutris, but simpler and in Puppy's style. The problem is in copyrights, plus I have most of the games in russian, which is, though large, but not an international language, therefore it is required to return the english language to the games. I have .pets of such games as Braid, Limbo, World of Goo and cool CrossCode but not sure about copyright :) Personally, I don't care about copyright, but rules are rules.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

666philb

Re: Hurrican - jump and shoot game for Fossapup64

Post by 666philb »

thanks @Grey added to repo (added pinstall.sh to install missing deps)

Return to “Fossapup64”