AI is not coming, "THEY'RE HERE!"

Grey

Re: AI is not coming, "THEY'RE HERE!"

Post by Grey »

fredx181 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:51 pm

Blub .. blubpp ... blubpp ...

My fate is no better ;) In 2043, I went missing.
Artificial Intelligence realized that such a large country could not be flooded. Therefore, he acted differently. Russia and Belarus have built a joint project - a monument in the form of a huge Matryoshka doll with a huge Potato in her hands (consisting of nanorobots). AI made incorrect calculations so that the Potato rolled out and rolled into the village, where I was feeding sweets to my Bear at that time :x
No one has seen me or Bear since. Perhaps by 2089 we will be back, who knows ;)
Ouch, Robopup managed to take a picture in the future and transmit it to the past (unstable because of this ;) ):

Grey_and_Bear_anim_1.gif
Grey_and_Bear_anim_1.gif (341.43 KiB) Viewed 10130 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

sonny

Post by sonny »

ChatGPT
Google Bard
Microsoft Discover/Copilot

have confirmed that PUPPY LINUX is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, Linux out there.

This must be acknowledged by DistroWatch.

Bard-USB.jpg
Bard-USB.jpg (79.37 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Discover-USB.jpg
Discover-USB.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Grey

Post by Grey »

Three interesting news about chatbots ;) All the news is of a different nature, but all together can give a general "picture of the World".
The first is about a Belgian who committed suicide, the second is about a ban in Italy and the third is about an enterprising guy who gave a chatbot a task to make as much money out of 100 bucks as possible.
1. https://www.brusselstimes.com/430098/be ... th-chatgpt
2. https://www.silicon.co.uk/e-innovation/ ... ban-504623

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

A technology update in the AI arena of announcements.

Since Musk failed in his attempts to slow down the AI use in the world HE has taken it upon himself to take over the AI industry. Thus with his other divisions in Autonomous operations of vehicles and robots, he has one-up controlling elements of mankind with his announcement 3 days ago of his NEW company dedicated to ONLY AI.

Along with his control in information we receive via his manner of operating using Twitter for what we will consume, he just created his own AI company. I think I foresee how he will personally use this. Twitter is now an echo chamber never seen before in the internet/world in how he will use it. His AI company will corral the language models while it collects all of the ML data that is available and sold in the world. Together, well, I think YOU know where this is going...

This affects us all, over the coming years, now thru 2028.

I am NOT scared of AI. But with Musk behavior in our past, this is a human danger. NOW, I am 'really' concerned with his power that I know he realizes. He foresees total control in how we think and behave. Tik-tok was never a problem but Twitter goes enormously beyond what tik-tok is accused of. So US government targets tik-tok KNOWING that Twitter is a much greater danger to the world in how it uses the world's behavioral models it has created thru its ML data collection. By attacking tik-tok, they've disguised so that US is the ONLY country with companies to collect human behavior models...no one else. And by allowing Musk to continue unchecked, it is either wittingly or unwittingly supporting a US Only world.

Here's, knowing this, where I cannot see how mankind is going to come out of this; as it is not technology that will be the major contributer, but nefarious controls of it to the will of the controller.

There a song I remember: Here's one video adapted using scenes from the movie Metropolis (1927). This song has been a constant 'drumbeat' in my consciousness since its release.

NOT INTENDED TO SCARE ANYONE. JUST my constant personal fear of nefarious uses on technology to institute the behavior to control divisive outcomes. I am not naive, but I continue to consider my reviews of scenarios that mankind could take in use of technology for medical, scientific, and evidence-based discovery that leads to a trusting cooperation among us all. I only have a few more hours of existence and I had hoped that, by now, our specie would have learned the cooperation necessary to save us from ourselves.

Yet, I am finding it increasingly difficult to be the optimist I once were. The many of us have little to no power to change the behavior of the few. There are many more of us who want cooperative inclusion of all man, but the few continue to insure the many cannot be heard or to win in changing behavior from greed to a inclusive cooperative.

Tippe

Post by Tippe »

This is really a frightening development.

I fear in the near future there will be people who made their diploma by the heavy use of such tools, ending up patients in the wrong hands of incapable doctors.

Or even Self-Driving Cars repaired by the wrong hands of incapable engineers.

Or even autonomously operating robots designed and programmed by incapable losers, who are unable to be focused to a theme for more than 5 minutes.

The Science Fiction of Cyberdyne Systems will be harmless story from the fairy tale book compared to that.

Bionic Puppy 64bit.
Won't use another one.

backi

Post by backi »

Good Link @Clarity

Film Excerpts from "Metropolis"....... Fritz Lang`s Masterpiece.

@Clarity wrote:

There a song I remember: Here's one video adapted using scenes from the movie Metropolis (1927). This song has been a constant 'drumbeat' in my consciousness since its release.

Satanic Priest creates Android.jpeg
Satanic Priest creates Android.jpeg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 9907 times

From silent Movie"Metropolis" (Babylon) 1927......Fritz Lang..........(Austrian film director, screenwriter, and producer who worked in Germany and later the United States)...

....a "must have seen" silent Movie......"almost "prophetic .

Satanic Priest creates Android.jpeg
Satanic Priest creates Android.jpeg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 9907 times
sonny

Post by sonny »

Make your (wildest) fantasies come true

nvidia.jpg
nvidia.jpg (111.32 KiB) Viewed 9859 times

https://youtu.be/30epFM6Vb0s

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

backi wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:49 am

Good Link @Clarity

Here's the link to the other information provided from that post. I just found this report; but MY ideas was formed before seeing this report. Thus this report has no influence on my ideas of what/how it will be used.

Last edited by Clarity on Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grey

Post by Grey »

Clarity wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:51 pm

Here's the link to the other information

I have a rectangle visible, and in it an inscription stating that the video is unavailable. Both on the forum and on YT itself. Maybe if I watch through a vpn... But something is laziness. I hope there's nothing interesting there :)

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@Grey Not sure if this is any better

Found in a search of youtube, "elon AI startup" if you'll get the same 4min video.

Grey

Post by Grey »

Clarity wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:35 am

Not sure if this is any better

No, I've already tried using a direct link and it didn't help.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

It's pretty clear by now that there is a layer of society that uses any extant technology to control the "remainder" of that society - regardless of what that technology is.

Governments in a democratic society are elected to do their best to support the needs of that society. However we now know that such governments no longer serve their electors. They merely make rules that determine how those electors "should" live.

The use of AI assists the power dynamics of current "democratic" governments. AI enables the distorted agendas of those governments.

We are given human brains to determine human destiny (on an individual basis). There is no way we should allow "machine learning" to supplant our own intrinsic wisdom and beliefs.

No true democracy accepts AI input.

backi

Post by backi »

@greengeek wrote:

We are given human brains to determine human destiny (on an individual basis). There is no way we should allow "machine learning" to supplant our own intrinsic wisdom and beliefs.

No true democracy accepts AI input.

-

The ultimate Revolt against the System will be Dissidents going back to 1990s Technology and letting the World crash and burn.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I, personally believe, AI is a tool at this juncture of human existence. Its use is determined by the 'creativity' of its requester.

We ALL know of the blatant and fallible reasoning that humans can be motivated to support. The leaders within societies affect what the people see and will follow.

ML is NOT the problem: We have seen instances that a reset of ML leads to Dark Ages until humanity can get back on track to move forward. Think: "The Library of Alexandria" and what happened prior to the Dark Ages. Or what has been seen in book burning in several societies known to mankind. So destruction of the data is not a benefit to mankind.

What can be hoped, is that AI will provides some/many societies on the planet to use it, creating favorable conditions for human populations to thrive, florish, and enjoy senses of common community. The data (ML) is there, and we know the 'real' answers, but will WE allow AI to assist us in moving mankind forward such that GREED will diminish and the planet can heal?

This is the problem that the wealthy is MOST afraid of as AI analysis threatens their control of mankind. This has nothing to do with whatever model a country has, it has to do with whether all countries will be given access to the data allowing them to contribute, add, correct ML data. Will ALL data/evidence/information be made available for human investigations and endeavors for beneficial use by all countries on this planet?

As open as I have been to development leading up to making ALL data available to everyone and making AI tools available, I wonder which country will be the 1st to be inspirations to its citizens to use AI for any/all things that will of benefit to EVERYONE within its country's borders.

AI was developed to make us SMARTER. My feat is NOT AI, rather, it is the knowledge of the past imperialism and behavior of the wealthy to prop themselves up over the best interest of its peoples. The wealthy DO NOT see themselves as the helping its people who made them wealthy. As such they will spare no expense to use AI to grab more of the share of the pie and the people be damned. They know that the people do not have the means to change their wealthy behavior such that everyone benefits.

AI technology is NOT the doom that some assert. The doom is us and our unwillingness to change our behaviors and the constant instituting of fear.

Aggression and Imperialism will be the downfall of us...not the technology. The countries that embraces ALL of its citizens as well as endorsing citizen use of AI for their societal benefits...assuming that can find ways of staving off the Aggressive nations who will bully them, will become the future leaders of mankind. Otherwise, the wealthy will create the "Matrix" for themselves. Elon is the closest example of the pavement being created controlling media, power, robotics, neural understanding, transportation on/off planet and now with his AI corporation. I cannot blame him for taking controls while at the same time I see how it will be detrimental to his society and to mankind on the planet. Together, all of this leads to what we are seeing in tools exploited to drive mankind's behavior. This is a concrete way of "programming" the human individual in much the same way that we 'program' units on our home networks to interact in EXACTLY the same way as human interact in society. Couple that with him leading the most Aggressive society on the planet and we are now looking at something never envisioned before.

Today he is suing corporations in the world because he feels Twitter information belongs to him and no one in the world is allowed to look/use it unless they pay him to see it.

This forum is the WRONG place for me to share this, but, I am afraid of what we have created knowing the facts of past human behavior and its resistance to change.

I will TRY, as best I can, to 'program' myself to not post this kind of info again on the forum. I WILL TRY!

"THEY'RE HERE!"

Last edited by Clarity on Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Clarity :-

Like I've maintained for the better part of my life.....humankind is, has, and always WILL be its own worst enemy. Stat. :shock:

Mike. :|

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I bit of info that some will find helpful in trying to understand, today, there are 2 prevalent product areas operating under the title of Artificial Intelligence (AI)

• Those that you ask questions and get answers.

• Those that you give it a task and it will run off and work until if has task-solution(s).

These models are different. As you investigate on your own, you will observe and use any model that helps you.

FYI

sonny

Post by sonny »

Bard-Code01.jpg
Bard-Code01.jpg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 9880 times

Google Bard has just been updated with coding capabilities:
1. Debug your lines of source code
2. Explain your code, line by line
3. Craft SQL queries for your database
4. Generate documentation and tutorials for source code

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hey AI, can you help code in PHP or Linux console language?

Bard 2 PUPs - small.jpg
Bard 2 PUPs - small.jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 9844 times

"THEY'RE HERE!"

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

if google bard does a translation, does google own the new code?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I have no way tp know.

Have you even tried on your own to discover?

For me, I KNOW that I can categorized all conversations I have with my AI interactions and I can ask the AI to switch category at any time. My categories are between the AI and I. It is personally connected to ONLY me, IIRC. Thus all interactions are mutually exclusive and ties to my ID ONLY.

I am still rather new at understanding how to best use this tool.

Others, I feel, must look at this as a tool. The nefarious concerns deter from how best to use, if one so chooses.

This is NOT a request for anyone to use any AI. Please understand that.

My posting is merely in reference to technical benefit ,.. not any legal concerns of mine.

"THEY'RE HERE!"

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:35 am

It is personally connected to ONLY me, IIRC. Thus all interactions are mutually exclusive and ties to my ID ONLY.

so when your conversation with AI is about subjective ideas, like politics or religion for instance,
does it tend to act agreeable or disagreeable?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@williwaw, That's not my cut of tea.

I read a lot. I come from a background of evidence based decision making trying as best I can to neglect emotional thinking discarding facts. If the experiment provides factual data, then it should stand on its own without a need for trying to misguide or guide someone else, including AI, to support a subjective position.

Why are you asking such?

You seem to be trying to lead somewhere, but I am clueless to what your objective is. Help us if you can.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:44 am

Why are you asking such?

No one can be truly objective. Subjectivity influences every perception we form.
Our philosophy, politics and religion are never very far from our attempts to remain objective, and discussions of such would be a good way to learn more about the state of the technology.

Wouldnt it be worth while exploring the extent to which the bot is perceving something subjective about you from the questions you ask?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@williwaw , That's not my cut of tea.

But if you can use Philosophy, Religion, and any subjective desires with your own personal interactions with your AI, and it produces some evidence and factual technical benefit, I would be interested to hear your findings. It could help us all if you discover how it can help you with some greater useful wisdom.

You seem to be missing my personal use. ITS TECHNICAL. The non-technical I get thru my readings of the many scholars who have contributed your above mentioned subjects.

AI is a tool, to me. I use it as such. Please show us YOUR 'tool-use' findings: That would be helpful. So far, I am not seeing anything of that from you, thus far.

"THEY'RE HERE!"

Last edited by Clarity on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grey

Post by Grey »

Why talk to AI about religion and politics at all. Any religion of any people is based on blind faith in something, no matter whether it exists or not. Faith in a politician is based on his ability to smile benevolently :D and speak convincingly ;)

AI can collect a bunch of material and give out something informative, but no more. Everything that is being said and written about the presence of "feelings" in AI is complete nonsense :roll:

Therefore, you need to treat all this as a game, no more. There is no need to create problems where there are none :welcome:
Eventually we will be able to hide from robots on river and lake islands, and while they are making new stainless steel housings, we will also come up with something ;)

Grey

Post by Grey »

Grey wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:46 pm

Therefore, you need to treat all this as a game, no more.

Speaking of games. Try it before all the holes are closed there ;) : GPT4free
But observe at least some ethics.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

You seem to be missing my personal use. ITS TECHNICAL.

If your going to spend time interacting with a bot, even if only for technical usage, then knowing something about its developing ability to *know* you might be prudent. Think of how we interact with other people, theres always a bit of give and take before we trust.

AI can collect a bunch of material and give out something informative, but no more. Everything that is being said and written about the presence of "feelings" in AI is complete nonsense

Most likely true at the present stage of AI development.
Perhaps some day soon when AI bot sponsors want to know more about you, then a simple interrogation of your account will have an AI render a subjective opinion of your usfulness to Elon or whomever....

Last edited by williwaw on Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@williwaw as it appears you have not considered testing on your own. Thus, you are throwing darts at the rest of us for even considering a review. If you dont like this community investigating anything, that is a subjective position.

So, here is a link to a video that shares "how YOU (and others) better understand how to employ the tools to your needs."

AI tools.jpg
AI tools.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 9852 times

This, AGAIN, is not a request for anyone to do anything they are not comfortable with. But, if want some helpful information that might serve your needs for furthering this forum's distro/applications/technology, this time-status video presentation may help you.

As requested before, if you find something helpful that will benefit this forum community, share it.

I offer this to help, only.

Last edited by Clarity on Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:13 pm

@williwaw as it appears you have not considered testing on your own. Thus, you are throwing darts at the rest of us for even considering a review.

Lol I have considered, but thats as far as I got. Throwing darts? no, just suggesting some broader areas for examination.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

. oops. Double post

Last edited by greengeek on Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”